It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American History You're Not Supposed To Know

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Since it has already been pointed out that a fact is WRONG. I wont even bother reading it all because if lies are mixed in with truths...well, no thanks

Did George Washington live in the White House?

No. George Washington was the only U.S. President who did not live in the White House, which was not completed until after his death. During his two terms as president, the capital of the United States was located first in New York and then in Philadelphia. George Washington played a large role, however, in the development of the new Federal City named after him, and in overseeing the design of both the Capitol Building and the White House.

www.mountvernon.org...

[edit on 11/8/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is that the truth about George Washington cause it sounds true.
No mystery there.
I go for things I never heard before. (me)

He had false teeth, but they were not made of wood.
.., hippopotamus ivory,..
(No).. cherry tree?

Hey ... a lot of No's on the way down that list.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Since we are speaking of historical misfacts, here is an interesting one.

There were not thirteen original colonies. There were actually FOURTEEN colonies.

www.myhartt.com...

The fourteenth colony was Nova Scotia, which declined to sign the declaration of independence, did not join the USA. If it had, we would have 51 states today. Possibly.

The idea that there was a dissenting colony is not something we like to think about here in the USA.

We are typically taught that the decision for the USA to separate from the UK was unanimous. Not true.

Edit: I think it is revealing that in the OP, the essays refer to the Thirteen colonies -- perpetuating this mistake at the exact same time they are pretending to tell the "real" story.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

agent provocateur *ignored* ftw

Yes, because all dissent automatically has some hidden agenda behind it. Wait... Maybe he has a problem with the unsubstantiated BS you post? Nah. Couldn't be.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Revisionist history wriiten by an avid America hater is posted as the truth due to the fact is was merely written.

It is your right to hate. It is my duty to call you on it.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

It's rather revealing that you equate it with hate. The author of the site seems merely enthusiastic about the subject and rightly so. You're saying the disagreement with current dogmatic thought is equivalent to hate speak which is indicative of your own indoctrinated mind.

Let's look at your posts and let everyone else decide what you believe in:

Obama is a Marxist
Obama is fulfilling "Gods Will"
Why is the press covering for Obama?
Michelle Obama "Oops, I did it again"
The U.S. and peace in the Middle East
I hate the U. S. (I am lying)

some of your ramblings include

Am I the only person who sees that the U.S. is the only organization able to "change" the Middle East?

We did not purposely ram jets into the Trade centers, there is no underground base at Denver airport.

I understand being ignorant is a personal choice but it is one I choose to not exercise.

Keep on truckin

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I want to know the truth even if it is unpleasant.

We can learn from past mistakes, but I think it is a disservice to America to conceal history.

It is not hateful to be factual.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by forliberty09
reply to post by warrenb

PURE PROPAGANDA - with vulgar language reading like it was written by a degenerate. In just one page on the American revo period (I didn't waste any more time after that) there were several completely made-up assertions (more than just "critical" left-wing interpretation).

Agreed, this is nothing but pure anti American propaganda. Complete garbage. All the links are from the same lame source. Did Hugo Chavez write this nonsense?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The real funny thing is every nation has a "Real History" like this. Every single nation on earth, every people on earth.

The whole species is like this. We like to sweep dirt under the rug, blame each other for our problems like there is some ideal people or nation in the world. The fact is the human race wont face reality. It lies to itself, lives in a fantasy world that ignores its faults and refuses responsibility for its actions.

Rather than blame America or any other human construct, humans need to look in a mirror and face the real monsters, themselves.

Have a nice day!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

In response to what you said...

Check out Her Majesties Publications Office. They can provide you with hard evidence of the Acts of Parliament listed in the articles.

The Acts often specifically state why they are being brought onto the Statute 'Books'... For example the Tea Act, removing the taxes from tea... it really does make you wonder why there would ever be a Boston Tea Party if there is no tax on it doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Being an American I have never taken what I was taught in school as the real truth. I always felt it was strange that when they would give us our history books that they where always dated by 20 to 30 years old. Since we are talking about the real truths of America I thought you guys would enjoy this video...I know it was a real eye opener for myself...here ya go.enjoy.

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Here is a list of links that provides the real story about several dozen events throughout American history that are in conflict with what you've been told through "official sources." You've been lied to about the Pilgrims, the Revolution, genocide, racism, democracy, and much much more...
[edit on 8-11-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

um... can't you like... be arrestonated and held without warrantation for posterizing information like this?

you'd better watchinate yourself boy.

-

[edit on 8-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know where people get the idea that Americans don't know about this stuff. When I was a kid in school, we learned all about the slave trade and our aggressive wars against Native Americans.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
History is written by the victors, at first. It is rewritten again and again later. We all know that mankind is a violent, brutal and selfish race, but it is a race. We are not done yet and hopefully never will be. We try to be better than our forbears.
Know history but dont' dwell on it emotionally, we can't change the past and guilt, anger a waste of time. We have to try to do the right thing from here on in.
As far as the question of "What can we do about our government and the way things are going ?", look at the source. Our parties are the shiny flashy attention grabbing show. The STATE DEPARTMENT has had a unbreakable mandate since the 30's and is really pulling the strings on long term projects. They are mostly beyond the reach of the odd politician we vote into office that really wants to make change. We need to look deeper than the two puppets that have been on the news for the last TWO YEAR CAMPAIGN.
Magicians know that if you are going to pull off a big lie then you need a really big show. The last two years have been the biggest show in history. What is the big lie this time?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We were not set up as a democracy,but a constitutional republic.

The elitists would have you believe we live in a democracy whilst they destroy your remaining freedoms.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I like some of the revised history polluting the internet these days.
If I mention some, its wrong or confusing to people and if I ever
put up threads on some of the controversy they would go into
skunk works because there is nothing to refer to except the author
that says the research is evident to him.
Which is OK when pursuing scrubbed history.
When one says it happened and most of the evidence was taken
away before and even changed after the author's discovery.
Also it would be a dead thread cause few would be interested.
Its too easy to say something didn't happen even when a lot of
blanks can go between dots.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
All that information is great, I read the first lie then started to read the second. I was engrossed, how can this be true....

Then I noticed that there are no references....

Why the hell should I believe any of it if the blogger was so inclined not to leave any references.

I am really tired of this crap! If you are going to write mind shattering ground breaking blogs show some proof or shut the hell up!

I wonder who the liar is?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The author obviously has an agenda here. There are some truths and some disinformation like all historical perspectives coming from various authors with various agendas.
What needs to be carefully examined is the role of the International bankster cartel in the formation of nations, the perpetual indebting of nations, their control over the media, control over the educational process etc. CONTROL.

I'm shocked that these families are still alive today after all the crimes they have committed against humanity as a whole. When they continually get away with their acts of espionage, treason, disinformation, payoffs, threats and assassinations, they, like a incorrigible child never learn their lessons and are actually encouraged to continue to control the nations of the world with their unchallenged authority and direct ownership of the IRS, Federal Reserve, all Central Banks, IMF, The World Bank, Bank for International Settlements, most of the world's gold, diamonds, oil, and every other important commodity in the world. The stock markets of the world are deliberately manipulated and controlled for the interest of the International Banksters of whom have hijacked Rhodes original conception of a NWO. This is the truth people and is by far the largest conspiracy in the world. These banksters factually initiated and bankrolled every war America and most European wars ever fought. Divide and Conquer is/was the modus operandi and is right on schedule. This world recession was by 'design'. The bankster cartel truely know through over 200 years of practice that the best way to control a nation is to indebt it. The best and quickest way to indebt a country is through warfare. This is how these banksters achieved there Trillionare status amonst the world and STILL don't pay taxes. Only their 'subjects', the little people, pay taxes. I could go on and on though PLEASE read the following link. It's a few pages long though it will truely enlighten you of the truth you have been denied for good reason. I really DO know what I'm talking about here. My family has quite a history in this country and I have really studied the matter thoroughly. The Rothschilds have over the years financed the other illuminati figures throughout history and have crushed anyone who got in their way.
Timeline of the Rothschilds
Illuminati quotes
Rothschild quotes
NWO quotes

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There is to be a NWO. It is inevitable. It is too bad that it currently is not for the people but rather designed for your control by the International bankster class including Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Warburg etc. and their multinational corportations of which they either directly or indirectly control by being primary shareholders hiding their influence/ownership in shell corporations and further hiding their ownership in offshore, tax free, nondisclosure accounts.

I don't have a problem with the idea of an NWO though if Rhodes were to be alive today, I'm sure he would be sick to see how the idea had become hijacked by the insane group of people who have lost all sense of reason, rationalism, judgement, morality, sapience and jurisprudence.

They are not happy or fulfilled and never have been. When you take from your brother, you take from yourself. Our 'Creator' (pre-biblical) if you will, put forth laws in the universe. We have natural law as well as human natural law. They continue to violate these laws and humanity continues to allow it, therefor they both suffer.

You people need to stand up and fight your rights, expose the jackels at the healm of your pinnochio nations. Truth is truely self-evident. If something does not vibe with your intellectual and intuitive inherent capacities, then it is not meant to. You all are bombarded by laws from inception in order to confuse you, disorient you, disempower you ......with the END to control you. It's a Machiavelian code of conduct with the end desire to achieve an End at all costs.

How many false flag operations are you to bear?
I personally deal with matters when myself or my family is endangered. It is not my responsibility to 'save the world'. It is YOUR responsibility to defend yourselves and your families of what is to come just around the corner. The PTB are pushing forward their agenda at a exponential rate since they are being exposed by certain people who know there is no turning back. You must ACT now however you can before you are introduced to your NWO of serfdom.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I hope you people realize that the USA government is a Constitutional Republic (or was intended to be) and not a democracy. Democracies have never, do not, and will never work - although our politicians have been running the govt. as a democracy for quite some time. Until we all wake up to this fact and take back our country, the USA will ultimately crumble!

For an in depth comparison and analysis of how govts. function under a Constitutional Republic and a Democracy, and how to put our govt. back into the hands of "We the People" - "google" Red Beckman and either watch or download his 115 min. seminar. I bet you'll want to get this info. out to everyone - maybe even put this on your website.

In an unrelated note: The truth about the "income" tax scam can be found at www.losthorizons.com. I hope all these resources help!! We need to get these truths out to anyone and everyone willing to listen and learn!!! Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join