It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American History You're Not Supposed To Know

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hay thanks for the links. Of course you know if it is found on the internet and has a web site then it must be true. even better proof is if it has a blog.

Yawn Old news lets talk about some thing new rather then re hashing old ideas.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Interesting links.

If even a fraction of that information is true, what little pride I had left as an American just vanished. And will be reminded of such every time I see a $20 and $100 bill. Of course since I rarely even SEE $100 bills anymore before they go right into someone else's pocket, I suppose I'll just have the wonderful slave owning Jackson to remind me of what a totally screwed up country this is. Black slavery then, global slavery now. America exists because of the desire to worship a particular religion and a further desire to perpetuate slavery. Whether overtly or covertly, the elite still achieve their mission via a hijacked military industrial complex.

Anything that even remotely resembles wealth on this planet ought to be destroyed until there is not one more starving person. I'm kinda partial to Zeitgeist- that's a better solution imo, at least to raise society to a point where all basic needs are covered for everyone. Once that's done, talk to me about your Ferraris, castles and toys. In the meantime, excuse me while I go play some more on my badass computer. Plain truth is it's more fun shooting cyber faggots than feeding your bastard children today, oh cruel world.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

I love your signature. The truth does set the poor free.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by checkmate]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Don't let it make you sick to be an American. You must also understand where we came from. Or, from under. We pulled out from under a very brutal (at times) reign by the English empire. Their views of conquer were very straight forward. No messing around. Then we have the mixture of cultures and countries that took place. The French, Germans, Dutch, Scotch Irish, Scottish, Irish, Spanish and so on. We weren't exactly on agreeable terms with each other before we decided to revolt.

You see, many of these atrocities are most likely true. But they were NOT perpetuated by the average American. They were pulled off by the ruling factions that continued to fight each other for more and more power. They were pulled off by the greedy SOBs that wanted to continue the feudal system here.

So, don't be sick to be an American. We are far removed from that (well, we have slid a bit under this current administration). The actions of the few (usually elitist power hungry A-Holes) have always harmed the many.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would take this list much more seriously if it wasn't written with such anger and hatred against the USA, and was more objective and analytical, as historical analysis should be.

The Puritans were religious fanatics. Washington owned slaves. Our ancestors committed genocide against the native Americans, etc. That is taught in USA schools these days and is common knowledge for Americans. No new information there.

What is left out of this narrative is the very powerful forces that drove this country and region at this time: ignorance, primitive technology, poverty, disease, fear, struggle for survival. And we need to mention one other force: a sincerely altruistic desire to perfect a new type of government based on principles of forgiveness, tolerance, and charity. ** That is one of the major motivators for the creation of the United States, and it cannot be dismissed.

Until you understand the complexity of history, you can only offer a very superficial judgement of it -- and that is what the list represents -- a very bias narrative.

What is ironic to me is that the essays do the exact thing they condemn. They provide a one-sided, highly selective look at American History.

(**Edit: Removed my original phrase "Christian forgivneness". While Christianity is inseperable from American History, I think it shifts the discussion too much to introduce here.)

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I saw a couple of sad thing with all the referenced material. First and foremost, I received my education before many of the people here were born. I learned all these fact in grade school. Only in the modern era of US education have these facts been dumbed out of education and history books because kids today are being neglected by the education system. There are several reasons for this but that requires a different thread. Second issue, most of the articles are written in a style to cause reaction instead of learning. The author clearly has an agenda. At first, it looks anti-American, but times cited are before America was established, so it must be anti-European which means white. Raced based hatred is among the most noneducational rational used as it places blame on race instead of individuals or society structure of the time. Third, the author of the site left out "history" just as interesting but from a different perspective of the same events. I would venture it doesn't fit his agenda of placing blame, so these tidbits of knowledge were deliberately left out so the uneducated would not know there is more to be told. Just my opinion, but I'd get some decent reference history books and read a little bit from reputable sources if any of these articles cited pique your interest.

I think you have made a good assessment. I as well refute much of the claims here, due to the underlining agenda it seems to portray. Now don't get me wrong, I can read between the lines. I deem that we study ourselves to find the truth to this matter, though I am sure there is truth on both sides.................Just how much?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me about what happened in Louisiana after WW II?
I heard, but insufficiently, that there was a problem and oppression in connection with demands to introduce French in schools, or something like that?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I didnt read all the links but Number 2 is utter nonsense.

The american revolution was fought over control of money. The colonists were using colonial scripts which were interest free money created by them and backed with gold.

The Rothchilds family had a problem with that and got the King to force the americans to use english bank notes (debt based).

The colonies went into a recession, unemployment soared, and the revolution began.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

Most people that believe "everything we believe" is a lie, believe it to entertain the idea. I believe that our government is corrupt and wouldn't hesitate to alter the history, but it brings up a contradictory point. Who is telling this counter-history? Will their government not slightly alter their history? Will they not receive some sort of skewed perspective on history? Of course they will. If you look at documents, and other sources for information, you can learn History. We wouldn't change history that much. There is no reason to. We may hide things that we did. I learned in history that the American Revolution was almost lost and the British were a lot more powerful than we were, we just got lucky with a few key battles. It is not like they told us, "Hey, we won every war in History flawlessly."

I agree with the fact that the accuracy of the information we are given may not be one-hundred per cent, but there is no reason for them to alter it that much.

Interesting topic, and you can entertain that idea if you would like, but it is somewhat hypocritical to just accept what they are telling you, the same way you have with what you already know.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i'm going to take this with a grain of salt because there is no evidence, he doesn't provide any clues or evidence to support his claims.

Keeper

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie ManHistory is all SPIN. It entirely depends on who is writing the book as to how it is perceived. There may be 10 different versions of what happened on any given event; however, for consistent education purposes, the education system has to decide on ONE and move on. What we were taught in school was not lies, just a the same story told from a different point of view.  You know the old saying: there are 2-sides to every story. And...the truth lies somewhere in between.Just my 2-cents.
I agree, Aggie Man! I read through most of these links, and the underlying theme to me is a twisting of what we all have grown to know as the facts of our history. There seems to be nothing by the author in the way of verifying any of this. I believe that the author is applying modern-day deceptiveness and evils to our not always perfect, but brilliant history as Americans. This just goes to show you that there is nearly nothing left that is sacred and safe from the BS, boredom driven contemplation from some of our most unintelligent fellow humans.Sorry, but I'm still PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My signature and profile have my well used links to mostly uncovered knowledge.
One link from signature

Here is a good one:

16. The Antarctic "Ozone Hole", which U.S. government scientists pretend to be at a loss to explain-yet blaming it on 'aerosol sprays'-is probably the by-product of three nuclear missiles, armed with hydrogen bomb warheads, which were launched from the Antarctic by the U.S. military, on Aug.27, Aug.30, and Sept. 9, 1957. The warheads were detonated at a 300-mile altitude, to create a reflective spherical layer of ionic particles surrounding the earth, to bounce radar impulses between the layer and the earth. The Strategic Air Command's global "backscatter" radar system, operated from the North American Air Defense (NORAD) command center deep beneath the earth at Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado, thus became operational in 1957, in time to verify that the Russians fired the rocket which launched Sputnik.

Perhaps being in Air Force Intel, as Lyne was, one gets the best wild stories while the rest of us get the official word "nothing to see here folks".

ED:
From original post #1:

The voyage of the Mayflower was, in fact, financed by a group of London investors who were to receive sixty percent of the profits of the colony in its first six years.

From the same author as my page link above, his research, no
book yet, indicates Danes or Vikings going to Canada and Maine
and Egyptians and Sumerians settling in the south west.
For trade reasons.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If our school system does not teach that Jamestown was founded years before Plymouth Rock then we have more important problems. Some of what I read I already knew, but some I did not and will have to find other sources for verification.

I am still proud to be an American and can indirectly trace my ancestry in this country to 1629 and the Dutch East India Company.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
An interesting movie to watch is "The Mountain Meadow Massacre:. It happened on Sept 11 sometime in the early 1800's. If that doesn't foreshadow "our" 9/11 I'll eat my hat. Another book that sort of lays it all out is "The Physics of Immortality". That book pretty much outlines the plan for the future. My copy is in in shreds after throwing it at the wall so many times.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sick, twisted and evil. The lies and propaganda slopped out in this writers gross re-write of history would make the late Joseph Goebbels proud. For the first part concerning the pilgrims just change the word pilgrims to Jews and it's ready to go to press in Nazi Germany.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

16. The Antarctic "Ozone Hole", which U.S. government scientists pretend to be at a loss to explain-yet blaming it on 'aerosol sprays'-is probably the by-product of three nuclear missiles, armed with hydrogen bomb warheads, which were launched from the Antarctic by the U.S. military, on Aug.27, Aug.30, and Sept. 9, 1957. The warheads were detonated at a 300-mile altitude, to create a reflective spherical layer of ionic particles surrounding the earth, to bounce radar impulses between the layer and the earth. The Strategic Air Command's global "backscatter" radar system, operated from the North American Air Defense (NORAD) command center deep beneath the earth at Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado, thus became operational in 1957, in time to verify that the Russians fired the rocket which launched Sputnik.

Perhaps being in Air Force Intel, as Lyne was, one gets the best wild stories while the rest of us get the official word "nothing to see here folks".

I'm happy you posted this quote.

It wasn't possible to go "deep beneath the earth" at Cheyenne Mountain until 1964. Excavation started in 1961.

As for NORAD finding out about Sputnik, I'd ask the ham radio operators around the world, alive at that time, who followed the satellite's trajectory. NORAD, which was formally established in 1958, had nothing to say about Sputnik.

As for the OTH-B radar, I don't believe it was developed until the early to mid 70's. I don't think we had this technology until then.

Your conclusion is dead on....

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I don't know where you get your info.

The Cheyenne Mountain complex traces its origins to 1956, when General Earle E. Partridge, commander of the Continental Air Defense Command, proposed construction of a new underground combat operations center to replace the outgrown and vulnerable above-ground facility at Ent Air Force Base, Colorado.

en.wikipedia.org...

actually OTH-B radar's were developed much earlier. China began development of HF ground wave OTH sensors in November 1967.

Source 1

Source 2

[edit on 8-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
no spoon feeding....google is your friend

[edit on 8-11-2008 by warrenb]

Sorry man, without original source material your website is just a sensationalist piece of crap. Post the original sources to back up your argument or go away.

Adding FTW - it is well noted and accepted in educational institutions to have Original Source documentation to prove the drivel you have stated as facts on your Blog. Thnak you for adding me as a Respected Foe btw. No Star or Flag for you.

And when it comes to history I am sure I can outperform you on research and quality of papers produced.
have a nice day, not.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

agent provocateur

*ignored* ftw

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The 'deep beneath the earth" not possible seems odd.
Do operations start when announced.
A guy with a juice can and metal net heard sputnik but the claim
is knowing of the launch.
Again, aren't announced starting times for folks like us.
OTH needed the something to work.
The atmospheric atomic tests never happened then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join