It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American History You're Not Supposed To Know

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here is a list of links that provides the real story about several dozen events throughout American history that are in conflict with what you've been told through "official sources." You've been lied to about the Pilgrims, the Revolution, genocide, racism, democracy, and much much more...

dotconnectoruk.blogspot.com...

1. 1620: Lie Number One, The Pilgrims
  2. 1763-1783: Lie Number Two, The American Revolution
  3. 1783-1799: Lie Number Three, The Miracle of Democracy
  4. 1800-1849: Thirty Five Invasions And A Genocide
  5. 1850-1859: Invasions, Racism, Slavery and Ethnic Cleansing
  6. 1860-1864: The Civil War, But First, Let's Kill Some Indians And Get Rid of the Jews
  7. 1865-1869: The Final Solution To The Indian Problem And The Invasions Keep On Coming
  8. 1870-1884: More Invasions, More Racism, More Ethnic Cleansing. Happy 100th Birthday America.
  9. 1885-1894: The U.S. Steals Hawaii, Four Thousand Lynchings, Shooting Workers in the Streets and Planning For a Splendid Little War
  10. 1895-1899: The Spanish-American War, A Sordid Little War
  11. 1900-1904: The Philippines, A Full Dress Rehearsal For Iraq
  12. 1905-1909: Treacherous Muslims and Ze Quest For Ze Master Race
  13. 1910-1912: Invasions, Apartheid, Lynchings, Censorship And The Quest For The Master Race But No Conspiracies
  14. 1913-1914: Destroying Democracy in Mexico and the Federal Reserve Scam
  15. 1915-1916: Dangerous Singers, Lynching Jews and Blacks Speaking French!
  16. 1917-1918: The Great War's A Wrap And Now We Set The Stage For Old Adolf Plus The Miracle Of Free Speech
  17. 1919-1920: A Summer Of Blood, Lynching Will Brown And J. Edna Hoover Takes The Stage
  18. 1921-1922: Setting Up The Hitler Project, Giving Away The Nation's Oil, Mass Murdering Black Americans And Poisoning All Americans
  19. 1923-1924: Destroying Rosewood, Racial Purity In Virginia And Prescott Bush And The Boys Get Old Adolf Started
  20. 1925-1926: Legislated Ignorance, Dupont's Supermen, Hoover In Drag And Murdering Nicaraguans
  21. 1927-1928: Sterilizing Americans, Slaughtering Miners, Making Your Boyfriend FBI Assistant Director, Invading China And Dive Bombing Nicaraguans
  22. 1929-1930: The Crash of '29--A Federal Reserve Production, Racist Pseudoscience, Murdering Workers (Again) And The Dulles Brothers Help Old Adolf
  23. 1931-1932: Admiring Mussolini, The Depression Ain't So Bad For Some, Murdering U.S. Veterans And Killing Puerto Ricans And Black People For Science
  24. 1933-1934: The Dust Bowl, Gangsters In Pinstripe Suits, Pimping For Hitler, The Merchants of Death And An All-American Coup
  25. 1935-ongoing: Arming The Nazis, Gangsters For Capitalism, Hanging Out With Hitler, Blackmailing Hoover And Truth, Justice Or The American Way

And for a nice list of wars and conflicts the US has been in involved in, visit here (there may be some that he missed).

Introductory paragraph added to provide a better description of the thread as it appears on the site home page.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 12/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Interesting links. May when I actually have time, I will read it. Going to book mark at least one so i ca come back later. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wow you certainly provided alot of info and I'll be damed if I finally caught up on all my reading and now I have another two weeks worth.
I'll be back.S&F

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why does it all ring so true? i think i know the answer to that. cause everything is *snip*

i'm white, so of course i'm gonna defend the whites so here goes.

white people did not invent murder, rape, war, drugs, gangs or prostitution. it appears that we're the best at them though.

Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

[edit on 11/8/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
After reading books like “Lies My Teacher Told Me” I've come to love this kind of stuff. Thank you for posting!

[edit on 8-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I've read about half of this, reminds me of a book I once read called "Lies my Teacher Told Me". Anyone care to play the devil's advocate on this and counter this guys view of history? If true, it makes me sick to be an American.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
I've read about half of this, reminds me of a book I once read called "Lies my Teacher Told Me". Anyone care to play the devil's advocate on this and counter this guys view of history? If true, it makes me sick to be an American.

I'll play devils advocate, the links are quite interesting. Although they intrigue me they do not present hard evidence for their claims. Just like the history we are taught the information in these links might be misconstrued and more likely effected by causality not by actuality. If we can question our history books we should also question the links in the OP.

"Lies about the Lies my Teacher Told Me"

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
no spoon feeding....google is your friend

[edit on 8-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I've not read it all but I've only part way through the second link and much of it corresponds to what I've read elsewhere. The Pilgrim-related material seems to be pretty much on par with books I've previously read on the Pilgrims. The same goes for the bits I've read about the taxation too.

A genuine question: how much of this material is 'new' to Americans?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The only evidence you need is the knowledge that "the victor writes history". That is as it is and as it will always be. The *truth* about what really happened has to be dug out over the years by people, usually academics, daring enough to publish their research which directly contradicts the accepted dogma.

We recently had an ugly truth published here in Finland about how the government handed over quite a "healthy" number of their Jewish countrymen to the Nazis in WWII and were quite okay with it at the time. The official story though said that there were only eight and that the government was loath to do it.

The truth is nearly always uglier than you would like to accept. That's why they whitewash history in the first place. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee though.

The propaganda machine of the US government is cranked into overdrive now. You need to be aware of that. The Soviets could have learned a lot from the US on that count.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well we have two people suggesting Lies My Teacher Told Me, guess I will check that one out!

In the meantime I will check out some of these links. Would take a lot of time to verify all of this, so I am just going to go with the safe position and assume that I was in fact lied to before.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Some of it is true yes, but there is one thing you should all remember, the masons are behind the church and they both set up america. George Washington was the first presidential trader, he set up the first bank for London. Jackson was the first to try and stop them, he was latter the first one attempted shot. Read the book "old world secrets the omega project codes" it will blow your mind. Just about everything people believe is a lie and it is very sad how they keep fighting to kill their own families. Thank the ignorance of the people for everything that has ever happened to you. The more you learn, the more it will make you sick when you come on to this site and see some of the things people claim.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It's not so much that it may be true, but I'm going to extrapolate it into current times and assume that not much has changed. So what the hell do we do? Other than getting the truth out, of course. What CAN we do? And even assuming every American rose up and cast aside these people who remain in power, who's to say that "we" wouldn't succumb to the lust for power and greed? Hell, that Phillipines war reads like a 19th century blueprint for Iraq. So obviously, ain't :bleep: changed.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I Hope one day people will learn from these horrors. We probably won't though. The history of every country is filled with stories like these and they always will be.

Pretty sad, we could do so much better.......

"If men were angels no government would be necessary"
- James Madison

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I Hope one day people will learn from these horrors. We probably won't though.

As long as people are in love with the sound of money jingling as it falls into the coffers, 'we' won't learn, or rather it won't change.

The truth of it is that, throughout all those incidents listed on that site, people were learning the truth of all this: people were learning how to best exploit others and create templates for further exploitation and others were learning what it was to be exploited and murdered and that people who seek large amounts of money are never to be trusted.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Good links. S&F!

More people need to read the other side of the coin. The problem is that history is written by the victors.

Therefore the truth quite often gets misconstrued. The most poignant point in the whole article is the fact that HARDLY ANYONE is aware of Britain's role in abolishing slavery WORLDWIDE. My forbears actively tried to stop the trade in humans be it through paying indirectly for the naval patrols off the coast of Africa or taking part in these patrols.

To this day, Britain is still accused of everything and anything to do with slavery but NEVER credited with being the first country in the world to abolished slavery and root out its benefactors.

Even the fact that Britain established treaties with the Indian nations of the Americas illustrates that we have always been (or at least tried to be) a tolerant and fair nation.

While i harbour no resentment towards our American descendants / cousins (quite literally cousins), i do feel that the representation of the actions of Britain during the "Revolution" were always distorted. Films such as The Patriot etc really anger me. The fact that they are blaming the "King of England" for unfair taxation smacks of ignorance...all laws in Britain were (and still are) passed through Parliament before reaching the King for his seal of approval.

More and more people should read this, obviously with a pinch of salt as it is considerably biased in its wording (bear in mind that slave trading in the Colonies was a legal trade up until the laws of England abolished it - so it cannot really be used as an insult) and you will be fine.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
dont let it get you down to know the truths, it may be lies that your patriotism and pride is based upon but it is those lies that have made you patriotic and proud of your country, it wouldn't have been the same if your history was based on the truths, you may not have had those feelings of pride, just make the future better than the past so that you need not peddle lies

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If everything, or even 90% of what this guy says is true, then there are a couple of truths I can gain from this. We (Americans) have NEVER had a democracy. NEVER! The bankers have run everything damned near from the start and have started and profited from every war we've ever been in, financed and effectively trained Hitler to do what he did in WW2, I used to think all the NWO stuff on here was whackos, but they aren't are they? This stuff is REAL isn't it? What the hell????

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Washington was a slave owner and land speculator. Conveniently for him, immediately behind the White House was a slave market.

from lie #3

When I read this part, I stopped reading. Need I point out that Washington did not live in the White House, so it wouldn't be convenient for him! These type of articles are fun to read, but I don’t take it too seriously.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pamie

Washington was a slave owner and land speculator. Conveniently for him, immediately behind the White House was a slave market.

from lie #3

When I read this part, I stopped reading. Need I point out that Washington did not live in the White House, so it wouldn't be convenient for him! These type of articles are fun to read, but I don’t take it too seriously.

I didn't see a reference in that blog posting that Washington actually lived there. However, I've always been under the impression that Washington at least visited the White House due to his involvement in it's building.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join