It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The no White House dog theory..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
When I saw this it struck me odd as the way the whole subject was precisely laid out with an intelligent reasoning against.

www.youtube.com...

Now muslims cannot own dogs as simply pets..

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“A dog can be owned for purposes such as the following:

1. A trained dog for hunting. Remember in Islam we are only allowed to hunt for food; there is no such thing as hunting for fun, for we are not allowed to kill or torture animals or drive them out of their habitats for the fun of it.

2. A trained dog as a guide. This would be the case if a person is blind and he/she has no choice but to keep a dog for essential services. In this case, it is permissible for him/her to keep a dog inside the house once it has been trained for service, but it is still recommended that the dog have its own sleeping arrangement.

3. A dog trained for police duties.

4. A guard dog to guard houses or property.

5. A dog used by farmers to shepherd cattle and sheep.

We are, however, not allowed to keep a dog as a pet, since it is not a very clean animal. How often have you come across the nasty sight of dogs taken for a walk licking their own excrement? Isn’t it disgusting to see their owners kissing the mouth of such animals after such incidents as if nothing happened? Would you kiss the mouth of your own baby if he were to do the same? Think how many parasites and microbes may be hiding in their mouths.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has spared us from being contaminated by such filth when he ordered us to stay clear of the saliva of dogs. If we ever come into contact with a dog’s saliva we must wash the spot seven times, the first of which should be with sand or dirt. It is also possible to use a bacterial soap instead of sand or dirt.

So, we have hypoallergenic and the well played shelter dog part (not knocking that, for I have one myself), that excuse seems just too well thought out and planned.

Is this just another piece to point to a muslim faith, that because of tradition is just too hard to hide?

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Thanks, but I believe I will use my constitutional right and pose my question to the general public.

But, thanks for time you took to read the post.

Happy travels.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Please explain how my questioning something I see, and commenting on it is slander.

For slander to be interpreted in this case, I would have had to say "obama is".

Maybe you should rethink your line of attack, this one was poorly thought out.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Accurate?

The video of his response has to accurate, its him speaking.

The "dog laws" posted are taken from..

74.125.45.104...:HwqITK5JltMJ:www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp%3FhFatwaID%3D102156+do+muslims+keep+dogs%3F&hl=en& ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

I would say that is pretty accurate for the muslim religion, wouldn't you.

Your next line please sir.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Did you even watch the video?

He said nothing about Muslims.

Sheesh, now you're making me think you're illiterate.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Watched it several times.

I saw a man giving two real good excuses to not own a dog.

I provided a possible alternative reasoning behind it. Sue me.

Again, thanks for the bump, and your future bump.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
"Is this just another piece to point to a muslim faith, that because of tradition is just too hard to hide?"

If I may, I think the inaccuracy he was speaking of is this, and being as how the topic title includes "White House dog" , it's safe to say that Islamic laws dealing with dogs would point to our new President-Elect as opposed to say, the Chief of Staff's dog? One of the pool reporters? I'm sure the sharia laws you posted are accurate, it's just confusing as not only is our President -Elect not Muslim, but for that matter, is "anyone" in the upper levels of our government?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Okay, fine. But maybe you should have said that in the topic title, because, your topic title insinuated that Obama is a Muslim, which he isn't. If you didn't make that clear that to call him a Muslim was the intention of your topic I wouldn't have taken offense to it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The man said his girls are getting a puppy, on national TV no less.
Gezz let him move in

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
"I saw a man giving two real good excuses to not own a dog."

To NOT own a dog? Holy God! The question and subsequent answer were dealing with the dog HE IS GETTING for his daughters when they move into the White House! A promise he made in his victory speech on Election night! Is there no length ya'll won't go to to discredit this man?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Your topic fails because Obama isn't a muslim.

Please cease and desist with this propaganda.

Regardless of whether Obama is in fact currently a Muslim or not, he was a practitioner of Islam during his youth (ie, a Muslim). He studied the Koran, and again, regardless of what religion he currently practices, you can best believe that his early childhood studies assisted in shaping who he currently is, and what he believes, even if subconsciously.

Then again, I know plenty of Muslims with dogs as pets. It is only some extremely Orthodox, or Third-World Muslims, that stick to this "Dirty Dog" belief, at least in my experience.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Thanks, but I believe I will use my constitutional right and pose my question to the general public.

But, thanks for time you took to read the post.

Happy travels.

You fail to recognize the fact that you don't have constitutional rights here, much less free speech... You agreed to give up some of them in the T&C...

Just figured I'd point that out...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Didn't Obama say something about getting a puppy for his daughter? Sounds like he's ok with pooches to me....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Not to dispute you, but he actually says that about the puppy at the same time the video that was posted was taken.

And only if the two pieces of criteria were met.... which is where my thought came into play.

I can't say I have anything against the man, he hasn't even taken office yet. But does that mean I can't express ideas from impressions I get?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Maybe he was in the past, but, he's a Christian now. So, even if he was still/actually a Muslim, it doesn't matter now. He doesn't have some hidden agenda with his presidency. Relax.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Common sense, looking things up, and denying ignorance are not constitutional rights either. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join