It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Leaning on Clintonian Dems, Might Tap Republicans for Cabinet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
He's doing what we all hoped he would He's reaching across the aisle. Hopefully picking some great qualified republicans.

so far so good. Check out the link to see his top choices for each position in his cabinet.

elections.foxnews.com... -leaning-clintonian-democrats-tap-republicans-cabinet/

But some of his potential picks for top administration jobs might come as a surprise. Obama is weighing an array of Washington insiders and outsiders -- including some Republicans -- for top administration posts, according to Democratic officials. Obama has signaled that he will make no Cabinet-level appointments immediately, and his deliberations are tightly held by his closest aides. But that hasn't stopped Democrats and interest groups from circulating lists and offering recommendations to the Obama transition team. Some are surprising, such as former Bush Secretary of State Colin Powell as possible education secretary. Others are high-profile governors or members of Congress. Yet many are also little known to the general public -- and may remain so. Obama has less than 11 weeks to staff his new administration. Some names often mentioned as possible appointees to top posts: DEFENSE SECRETARY Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Former Navy Secretary Richard Danzig. Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., critic of Iraq war, retiring from Senate. Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., member of Senate Armed Services Committee.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well yes I hope this new administration does lead to a more bi-partisan approach. The last 8years was the "us them" attitude, not too prittty.

Although i dont see much republicans cooperating, but then again same could be said for som democrats. Hopefully things will work out.

Id like Hagal to be within the administration, his pritty good...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hagel is to Republicans as Lieberman is to Democrats.

Seriously..... Colin Powell is the only true republican mentioned thus far, and even then it seems like hes out on a mission to screw his party, which is understandable seeing how they screwed him.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to see Richard Lugar as Secretary of State. I actually heard that whispered a bit even before the election, so I could definetely see him in some kind of major role.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I also thought that he would ask Dick Luger to join his staff. Luger is from Indiana, so he has been a neighbor to Obama for a while, and they have worked together to get some things done in congress. He would be a good choice in almost any position

I wouldn't be surprised to see Powell be asked to join his staff, either.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

1st off Fox news is credible source?I think not.

2nd the vicious display (and true form) of Hillary the snake Clinton had for zee beloved and untarnished god like second coming messiah .. they call OBAMA should indicate exactly how these manipulative control junkies work. They turn on each other thus "unity" is not real.

3rd Obama is Rockerfella backed and funded, this should speak mountains into who at the very least one puppet master is. Obama is the puppet, it is beyond belief the common peoples have not cottoned on to this yet.

..but then again so was dubya and billy, not much has changed AT ALL.

wZn

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Great thread. Ignore the attacks of people who have no basis talking politics.

I am hopefully Obama chooses a bi-partisan cabinet full of level-headed individuals. He cannot do this by himself, no one can, and he needs as much help as possible to drag this country out of the abyss that it has been dropped into.

top topics

join