It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth Leaks Begin: Emmanuel was director of Freddie Mac

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Truth Leaks Begin: Emmanuel was director of Freddie Mac

abcnews.go.com

President-elect Barack Obama's newly appointed chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, served on the board of directors of the federal mortgage firm Freddie Mac at a time when scandal was brewing at the troubled agency and the board failed to spot "red flags," according to government reports reviewed by ABCNews.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I searched but could not find this here on ATS. It seems now that the election is over and these facts can no longer hurt him, inconvienient truths may start to make their way into circulation by news outlets. Rahm Emmanuel, Baracks hand picked Chief of Staff, served on Freddie Macs board of directors. Couple this with the media finally getting around to telling the public about the campaign donations from Freddie. (the largest of any presidential candidate in history) Freddie of course, was one of the key players in the cascading collapse of the housing market, which as we all know was the chief cause of the financial crisis. Deniability on this issue won't last, but I am left wondering how many more inconvienient truths will come to light before his innauguration?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Emanuel held a seat on the quasi-governmental Freddie Mac board, which paid him $231,655 in director’s fees in 2001 and $31,060 in 2000. During the time Emanuel spent on the board, Freddie Mac was plagued with scandals involving campaign contributions and accounting irregularities.

This guy is bad bad news.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is news to me, interesting how the donor contributors get VIP treatment when a new government gets to seat in the White house.

But that is how it goes with every new administration.

Got to give their most faithfully subjects the preferred seats.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The more that is uncovered, I find it awfully convienient that those who were involved with Fannie and Freddie thus causing the collapse. Are the same group that now seem to find themselves with the power to run this country. Something smells really bad here. Oh, its the decaying corpse of the american economy.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
We need a firing squat and fired all of this politicians from Washington we need fresh new blood in our government seems to love recycling the trash over and over again.

BTW I am not encouraging the death of any members in Washigton.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"Change we can believe in" BS

Maybe some people can believe in his change, but not me. No doubt things are gonna change - for the worse!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, i heard on MSNBC that this guy was responsible for sending a box full of dead fish to some enemy.

Oh dear.

Oh, i hate to think that this is going to be just more of the same

Are we sure?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Heh - I guess ABC can forget about being able to ask a question at the next press conf. now.

Didn't someone in the Obama camp have ties to either Fanny or Freddy pre-election as well?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Unfortunatly, i heard on MSNBC that this guy was responsible for sending a box full of dead fish to some enemy.

I gotta keep that trick in mind for the future.

Geez, what does anyone expect? Obama actually keeping his word and "changing" government? Hell, no, it's just business as usual.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Actually, all of this information was in plain view, right on the net. Here is a rather interesting tidbit right out of Wiki:

Emanuel is said to have "mailed a rotting fish to a former coworker after the two parted ways."[7] On the night after the 1996 election, "Emanuel was so angry at the president's enemies that he stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign, grabbed a steak knife and began rattling off a list of betrayers, shouting 'Dead! ... Dead! ... Dead!' and plunging the knife into the table after every name."[6] His "take-no-prisoners attitude" earned him the nickname "Rahm-bo".[7]

So, marg, I wouldn't worry about the secret service or the FBI coming after anyone on ATS. The above quote from Emmanuel, actually names each person he said he would kill. Since he was one of Clinton's chief advisers during the Presidency, NOW I KNOW what happened to VINCE FOSTER and the other 32 people that mysteriously died that were connected to Clinton.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Everyone that thinks things would have been any different under McCain raise your hand. Then cancel your membership to a site that has the slogan, "Deny Ignorance."

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yes, it was Barney Frank:

Frank met Moses in 1987, the same year he became the first openly gay member of Congress.

"I am the only member of the congressional gay spouse caucus," Moses wrote in the Washington Post in 1991. "On Capitol Hill, Barney always introduces me as his lover."

The two lived together in a Washington home until they broke up in 1998, a few months after Moses ended his seven-year tenure at Fannie Mae, where he was the assistant director of product initiatives. According to National Mortgage News, Moses "helped develop many of Fannie Mae’s affordable housing and home improvement lending programs."

Critics say such programs led to the mortgage meltdown that prompted last month’s government takeover of Fannie Mae and its financial cousin, Freddie Mac. The giant firms are blamed for spreading bad mortgages throughout the private financial sector.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Isn't it just AMAZING how all of these ONE-POST members have shown up tonight on all of the threads that criticize Obama? Just an observation. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I couldn't agree more. I have been trying to tell people that Obama or Mccain, you would end up with the same results. I don't buy into blue guy vs. red guy. It just appears now that some Obama supporters are going to have to actually listen and not just arrogantly deny any wrong doing by Barack as the media may no longer be sheltering him.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
ProfEmeritus, Oh my gosh, this is getting more and more interesting all the time.

BTW thanks for the reassurance, I am already trying to figure out if orange favor my complexion..

Please we need to keep track of this threads to have a clear and better overview of the people our new President will be surrounding with.

I can not believe that nobody has told Obama about the rotten pass of this man.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

BTW thanks for the reassurance, I am already trying to figure out if orange favor my complexion..

Please we need to keep track of this threads to have a clear and better overview of the people our new President will be surrounding with.

Marg- Don't worry, you can get a nice orange jumpsuit in any consignment shop.

We REALLY need to start worrying if Obama puts Tony Resko in charge of the new REAL ESTATE DIVISION he is going to create.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
Everyone that thinks things would have been any different under McCain raise your hand. Then cancel your membership to a site that has the slogan, "Deny Ignorance."

And that has what to do with this thread? We're badmouthing Obama here; start one on McCain somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I am sure that he knew.

He wouldn't appoint him unless he knew what the man was about. Meaning that I am sure a background check was done....they wouldn't want any surprises, would they??

Same old, same old....

[edit on 11/7/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
ProfEmeritus

You make me laugh, thanks, now I wonder why the naming of this first appointee was so soon and now we have not heard of any more names.

skeptic1

I wonder if his party base was the one that "told" Obama to appoint Rahm.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join