It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS logo on the TIV from Discovery channel's "Storm Chasers"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Last night I was watching the TV show on Discovery channel called "Storm Chasers" and I noticed something odd. The show has a "tornado intercept vehicle" or TIV that they are trying to get directly hit by a tornado in order to get IMAX footage of the inside of a twister. This season's TIV (TIV II) is extremely hefty (over 15,000 lbs).

On the driver's side of the TIV in front of the driver's side window was what looked like a metallic plate with bluish lettering that looked exactly like an ATS logo. I only saw it for a second or two and then it didn't show it again. It was the show where the TIV ends up breaking off from the DOW (doppler on wheels) and heading into Little Rock.

The main website for the Discovery channel show is HERE for more info..

THIS link has a side view of TIV 2 and you can sort of see that metal plate in front of the driver's window with the blue lettering. It looked like it said ATS when I saw it but I can't tell in this view..

They also have a walkaround video of TIV 2 there. Go to the link and click on "play video" at the bottom right. You can see what I'm talking about at 1:14 and 1:50 .. But still kind of hard to see what looked to me like the ATS logo on the show lastnight.

I looked on youtube and google for the episode I saw lastnight but I didn't see anything.

-ChriS

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Pretty sweet site you linked, I've seen previews but havn't had the chance to see the show yet. Question though, where is this logo you see? I'm not seeing it any where.

Besides, even if they did, would it be that much of a surprise? ATS rocks, who wouldn't want to show their support.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

BlasteR, i guess that the episode you are referring to is this one

but as you thought, there's no way to figure what there's on the plate.
I guess that you are referring to the plate indicated by the green arrow:

Here i've found another photo (from which i've made the enlargement below).

NOt all the plate is visible, but what i see, at first glance, looks like the symbol of the lightning to me.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thanks for your input internos.

That part of TIV-II you pointed out is indeed the location I was talking about (Right in front of the drivers side window). From the video walkaround that I saw on the discovery channel website I guess the same sign is on both sides of the TIV at the exact same spot because I noticed it on the passenger side also. But, ya that is the sign I was talking about.

When I saw it on the show I was like "whoa, do I know these guys on ATS?" LOL! I got addicted to the show last season. They've been having alot of problems with TIV-II this season due to mechanical failures. I mean it's like 16,500 pounds though.. From what I saw lastnight, next episode they are going to resurrect TIV-I because of breakdowns and mechanical failures with TIV-II.

I did end up finding the episode I saw on youtube though. It is "Storm Chasers". season-2. episode-3..

This youtube clip of that episode is the part I saw lastnight when I noticed what looked like the ATS logo. You will see what I'm talking about at 4:15 right after the part where it shows the wind farm. It is also shown at 2:25 but it is harder to see.

I used realplayer to download the clip and I took a screeny of one of the video frames that shows it more clearly.

And if anyone wants to see more episodes, I noticed that THIS GUY has alot of them (if not all).

-ChriS

[edit on 8-11-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

You are welcome, BlasteR: and thanks for the interesting links

lol, now i see what you saw: it looks definately like the ATS logo.

I think that maybe i've found the solution to the mystery:

ATS Diesel performance

[edit on 8/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just watched an episode and could not spot the ATS logo but I knew that If I came back to this thread somebody would be able to zero in on it..Good work guys, I was able to pick it right out..Thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Sure enough! You're dead on once again Internos. Thanks.

It looked so much like the ATS Logo when I saw it. How funny!

-ChriS

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Its not an actual ATS logo like we see here on our website, I recently saw an episode where they were showing one of the strom chasers wearing a hat which read ATS Performance so Im guessing ATS is some sort automotive company..It would have been really cool if an actual member on our website was part of Storm Chasers.........

Sorry Internos I totally missed your post on what the ATS spotted on the TIV stood for so I apologize if I stole your thunder, They were not my intentions..I owe you a beer or two...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I certainly hope I can shed some light on this subject although I just noticed it's a bit outdated...

Our company is ATS Diesel Performance. We did a number of performance upgrades on the Cummins-Powered TIV-II (fortunately none involving any of the mostly weight-related issues that have troubled it on the show) as well as some other things to the original TIV. We've got some promotional things posted on our homepage - www.ATSDiesel.com

There's a section there where you will find a clear picture of the stickers in question - our logo (you may have also noticed the TIV-II's rear differential cover has our shared initials on it as well).

I hope that helps!

- Eric

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A genuine mystery solved right here.

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know, Eric.

Seeing as you're here, why don't you pull up a chair, kick back and enjoy.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Definitely looks like ATS to me.

I stopped it at both spots, in purple - you can see it more at the 1:14 spot, with ATS!

Very cool!

Excellent Find!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSDieselPerformance

Ah - just read your post after posting mine, hey at least we know if DOES say ATS.

new topics

top topics

join