It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huhhh???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hey, well im really glad Barack obama won the presidential election and i do believe he will do a great job at running this country. Well i just wanted to see if you guys can figure out what this lady said. Here is the story:

Well my grandmother is jehovah witness (but im not) soo my father asked her what did you think about the presdential election and she told him that she went to church and the lady at her church told her she knew Obama was going to win, because it started with and African American king and its gonna end with an african american leader. Im jus wondering if anyone knows what she meant by that, sounds kind of scary.

P.s. please no discrimination or any use of bad words, i just want your opinion. ohh and if i have this on the wrong topic, srryyy

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sounds like she is comparing the first King (Jesus?) to Obama???? I could be wrong, as someone more knowing will soon point out but as far as I can tell, everyone is hailing Obama as some kind of modern Jesus! not that he isn't wonderful, but he isn't Christ. Nor is he the anti christ, as you will hear on here! Take care of yourself! x

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I see that she is just an old lady spouting off some kind of RELIGIOUS belief she holds true to.

There are a WHOLE LOT of different religious beliefs in this universe.......and it could be that not a single one of them are true.....

I doubt she was referring to Jesus being black I was more inclined to think she was referring to the fact that life is purported to have started in Africa. Hence 'The Beginning'.....
.......life certainly did NOT begin when Jesus walked the planet.....

[edit on 7-11-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It could be referring to racial blending, perhaps with African royalty, in the founding fathers' families and perhaps even all the way back to England.

It could also relate to correspondence with South Africa, Mandella (who is African royalty) and the end of apartheid under de Klerk. Sometimes "African American" ends up a bit overgeneralized a term applied to people who aren't even Americans.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have a friend who was married to a witness.

He used to participate in their bible studies regulary.

He reckons they are waiting for Jehova to come from Alcyone, a planet in the Peladies star system, for the rapture, then they will be returned to live the golden age for eternity thereafter.

Can anyone confirm this?

Your Grandmother was probably describing something to do with the events to preceed the return.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'll bet it's some sort of Jehovahs Witness thing. Come on, there must be someone on hhere who knows what that refers to.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Also, maybe she was referring to how the rulers of Africa allowed the selling of African slaves to the white colonists?

-Free workers = total profit.
-Money is pasted down through the generations.
-Thus, the people ruling today have the potential to be the direct descendants of the slave owners.
-Therefore, rulers today decide who will bring down the country.
-Hence, Obama.

Do not know really. Just throwing it out there.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Could be te afro american king she was referring to was Martin Luther King. King was a great orator, as is Obama. I feel that's her starting reference. But I can't figure out how she figures it ends with Obama.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So long as we're wildly speculating, perhaps she was refering to Elvis, the King of Rock 'n' Roll who was sought because the recording execs wanted someone who gyrated like a black man that wasn't actually black.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hey, guys thanx for your replys, well what you guys are saying maybe right im not sure, because i found out many people has said it such as Gail Oprah's best friend, but i still dont know what she was reffering too, but thanx anyway

new topics

top topics

join