It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's "change" and the road to slavery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Public Relations = a tool used by politicians to in essence lie to the voters and manipulate them into believing. In Obama's case, PR came up with his slogan of "Change"

But will Obama really change things in Washington ? Not really, take a look at the advisors he has and you'll see a who's who list of the same names that pop in and out of politics for decades.

Madeleine K. Albright
Former Secretary of State and currently Chairperson of the National Democratic Institute, Principal of The Albright Group LLC and Chair and Principal of Albright Capital Management LLC

Warren Christopher
Senior Partner at O'Melveny & Myers LLP, and U.S. Secretary of State from 1993-1997

Sam Nunn
Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Nuclear Threat Initiative, and Former U.S. Senator from Georgia

William Perry
Senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Professor at Stanford University, and Former Secretary of Defense

a real globalist scumbag.... Zbigniew Brzezinski
President Carter’s National Security Adviser and now a Center for Strategic and International Studies counselor and trustee.

Lawrence J. Korb
Assistant Secretary of Defense from 1981-1985 and now a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress

And who does Obama want for Treasury Secretary ? Why Paul Volker a former Federal Reserve Chairman.

Wow thats sure a lot of new people with no ties to the globalist or corporate elite banking jerks who so far have ruined this nation.

And finally, here's some more change we all can enjoy. Mandatory slavery...err oops I mean patriotic servitude

I guess this is Obama's idea of "change"

Below is an article on Obama's plan to force us into 2 years of mandatory servitude to the goverment

Obama’s American Dream: Servitude

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars
November 7, 2008

“When you choose to serve — whether it’s your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood — you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That’s why it’s called the American dream,” declares Obama on the newly fashioned Office of the President-Elect website.

Obama’s vision of the American dream, however, will not consist of Americans freely choosing to volunteer to work in their communities and neighborhoods. It will be a requirement. “Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.” (Emphasis added.)

And it will not simply be the young who will be “called” by government mandate to serve. It will be everybody, including senior citizens. “Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.” The words “call” and “require” appear to be interchangeable in this context.

As the Albuquerque Examiner mentioned yesterday, Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, wants compulsory service imposed on eighteen and twenty-five year old Americans. “They’ll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community,” writes Emanuel in his book, The Plan: Big Ideas for America. “These young people will be available to address their communities’ most pressing needs.”

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

It now appears Emanuel’s version of mandatory servitude, masquerading as patriotism, will not be limited to the young but will be imposed on all Americans, including retirees.

In July, Obama revealed his plan for “a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded” as the U.S. military. In the speech, Obama said “People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve.” He also said this mass movement requiring servitude “will be a central cause of my presidency.”

Charlie Rangle has authored a bill that may be dusted off after Obama enters the Oval Office. It’s called the National Service Act and calls for a universal draft with two years of “service” for virtually all persons aged 18-42, with no deferment for college. The language of Rangel’s bill states that “all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42″ be required to “perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security.”

In the months ahead, we can expect “public service,” i.e., compulsory servitude, to be a mantelpiece of the Obama regime. It will be necessary because Obama will undoubtedly soon have no shortage of enemies — that is to say, people opposed to his policies — and a national Stasi framework, under the rubric of a “civilian national security force,” will be required to ferret out enemies of the state. In addition, “carbon criminals” will need to be identified and rounded up and shipped off to re-education and forced labor camps.

Considering the emotional zeal of Obama’s kool aid drinkers — frighteningly on display as Obama swept the election — there will likely to be no shortage of recruits to enthusiastically enforce his decrees, actually decrees passed down by the globalist New World Order.

In a historical sense, this is fascism on steroids.

Dont think Im bashing Obama here. McCain would be the doing the same dam thing. Both scumbags are member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Both take their cues from their financial contributors, the bankers.

But hey at least we all voted right ?

/sarcasm off

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Your thread title almost made me cry, but that is because I have read a lot about the road to slavery. I think Obama will choose the right people to have around him, out of the people that are around him now. To be honest, I am a deep person and in some ways consider myself to be profoundly blessed but if I had to choose a handful of people around me to help guide me on my quest, it would be very few and far between. Even family let us down so drastically when it comes to these matters. So I imagine he has a really tough choice ahead of him. Afterall, the only one who could back me is my partner. So perhaps its just as well, hes got his little unit. Good luck to them and their grand journey!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I wonder what the consequences will be for those that don't willingly comply? I won't go along with it and I most certainly won't see my children forced into it.

A few years ago, I raised my eyebrows when I heard talk about survivalism and "living off the grid". If something like this comes to pass, I'm convinced it will be the way to go.

How can anyone think this would be a good thing? If this plan comes to fruition methinks more of the same will follow. Scary times ahead and more uncertainty than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

There is absolutely no question that Obama and the Democrats will re-instate the draft. Obama actually said as much, when he spoke at Columbia University:

Speaking at a forum on national service September 13, 2008, at Columbia University in New York City, Obama said:

Obama: “And I think it’s important for the president to say, this is an important obligation. If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some.”

wmass.indymedia.org.../271

It is ironic that the reason that Obama won the election was because over 65% of people under 30 voted for him, and they are the people that will be drafted. This is part of the change that he promised, and now they will see that change in action. In the words of a good friend of mine on ATS, "Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it.".Of course, I don't think that anyone that voted for Obama will object, because after all, I'm sure they made sure they knew what his positions were, BEFORE they voted for him. After all, the Presidential election has CONSEQUENCES, unlike texting a "2" for their candidate on "American Idol".

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
I wonder what the consequences will be for those that don't willingly comply? I won't go along with it and I most certainly won't see my children forced into it.

A few years ago, I raised my eyebrows when I heard talk about survivalism and "living off the grid". If something like this comes to pass, I'm convinced it will be the way to go.

How can anyone think this would be a good thing? If this plan comes to fruition methinks more of the same will follow. Scary times ahead and more uncertainty than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime.

They will install these plans with the "choice" of opting out as the elite always do.

Its like having a social security number. Call the social security office up and ask them if its a mandatory requirement to have a SSN. The answer is no and will always be no as the Constitution doesnt allow for it. However try and get a job, driver license, own a home, etc without a social security number.

Personally I will not allow my children to be forced into this servitude slave system. My children arent on this planet to serve the goverment. And I wont allow them to be indoctrinated into this horrific plan.

Theyre already trying to get my kids used to the technology slave grid. My sons school requires you to put our finger on a scanner just to get your lunch. I threatened a lawsuit and they allowed my son to opt out of this "convenient" plan

Obama and his banker friends can kiss my ass. I will never submit to mandatory slavery.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This part really scares me....

Charlie Rangle has authored a bill that may be dusted off after Obama enters the Oval Office. It’s called the National Service Act and calls for a universal draft with two years of “service” for virtually all persons aged 18-42, with no deferment for college. The language of Rangel’s bill states that “all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42″ be required to “perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security.”

Reminds me of the brownshirts running around Germany ratting out neighbors and friends.

When will people learn from history and see where we are heading is extremely dangerous ?

Its so very obvious but if I dare mention this on other forum sites or to family Im a conspiracy nut in need of medication.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

They will install these plans with the "choice" of opting out as the elite always do.

That won't be an option with the military draft. When you are called, you either serve, or go to prison. That has always been the way the draft was administered.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Its so very obvious but if I dare mention this on other forum sites or to family Im a conspiracy nut in need of medication.

Didn't you see my first post on this thread? Read the quote of Obama's that I posted. He WILL reinstate the draft. Taht is a given, as he will be getting us into at least TWO new wars, one against Pakistan, and eventually one against Iran.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Didn't you see my first post on this thread? Read the quote of Obama's that I posted. He WILL reinstate the draft. Taht is a given, as he will be getting us into at least TWO new wars, one against Pakistan, and eventually one against Iran.

most deniers dont care about evidence or proof. You could take a thousand documents and videos and people will still deny its happening.

People flat-out refuse to believe the NWO even exists and they arent going to read something that challenges that belief system.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just say "no"!

-Nancy Reagan

Asking people to do things is one thing. Having people actually do it is another matter entirely...

Just say no to Obama and his banksters!

Seems like the PTB/NWO/Globalists does win even if they lose!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

most deniers dont care about evidence or proof. You could take a thousand documents and videos and people will still deny its happening.

You are absolutely right. I just finished posting on another thread, where one of the members believes that there is no such thing as conspiracies. No matter what you try to show them, including DOCUMENTED cases where conspiracies have been proven, they still sing the mantra "There are no such thing as a Conspiracy". Then they resort to name-calling, if you dare to suggest there are. That is always the last refuge of people like that- name-calling.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Where is the outrage over this? I can't believe that people are that enamoured with Obama that they dismiss (or worse still, go along with) something like this.

I'll say again, my family will not be willing participants in a forced work program because that's what it will be. Obama must know that there are many people out there that won't accept this so he must have a response in mind. I wonder again, what will the penalty be?

Or maybe we can purchase work credits the same way Al Gore purchases carbon credits.

Seriously though, I'm very worried about the tone of his politics. I can't see it going anywhere but downhill from here if this proposal goes through.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by soldiermom]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, I'll be perfectly honest, I did not vote for the newly elected president I voted for John Mc Cain and really did not want to vote for him either. You are right about the road to slavery that lies ahead of America.

The more I look at Obama now the more I believe that he was chosen not so much by people who wanted change but by a dying system looking for a scape goat to lay upon it the inevitable blame that will come with its broken promises of change and hope.

The cheering is over and so is the campaign what lies ahead is the brutal truth America is dying, and no band aid promises of change will correct the path that we are on.

I believe that the cheering we heard this past week will soon turn back into the hatred and bitterness that it once was when those disillusioned voters begin to awaken from the Obama-mania that held them spell boound for so many months to the reality that is- No body is coming to save them.

But then again there is always Hope lol

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I believe in Obama. Obama was a constitutional law professor. I'm sure he won't let people break him. I'm sure when the time comes he'll do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To the OP: Did you think he was going to pick regular "Joe Sixpacks" off of the street and pick them for his Cabinet? I personally prefer that people with experience are elevated to Cabinet posts. YMMV

Even George W. Bush (whom I loathe) was smart enough to use a lot of people from his father's administration.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I believe in Obama. Obama was a constitutional law professor. I'm sure he won't let people break him. I'm sure when the time comes he'll do the right thing.

No offense Obama did not become a constitutional professor because he believed in it. He did it to learn how to destroy it.

I highly recommend listening to him speak about the constitution if you can even find those incriminating tapes anymore.

as far as him doing the "right" thing. He has too many strings attached to him now. His chief of staff was the director of Freddie mac for crying out loud!!!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Graystar]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Graystar

Have you ever read any of his books? If you did, you would know this to be false.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Have you ever read any of his books? If you did, you would know this to be false.

only excerpts. Have you ever heard of Ghost writers?

If you had read his books you would realize his ddep ties to Chicago's corrupt government. And his Muslim background and his admitted coc aine use. there really isn't anything in those books to be very proud of Just an underlying bitterness and hatred toward America.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

only excerpts. Have you ever heard of Ghost writers?

If you had read his books you would realize his ddep ties to Chicago's corrupt government. And his Muslim background and his admitted coc aine use. there really isn't anything in those books to be very proud of Just an underlying bitterness and hatred toward America.

So you admit you haven't read the books, and yet have no trouble saying, " there really isn't anything in those books to be very proud of Just an underlying bitterness and hatred toward America." That's......bizarre, to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join