It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bubble theory....and etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I've given a bit of thought to this...my mind tends to wander a bit. But i am just a regular guy. Here it goes....

Everyone talks about the mortgage bubble bursting. What if it can't burst? Here's my point. When a bubble rises through water it pops and then it is gone. The water is the economy. Now what if the water was really jello. In jello a bubble will stay..and always stay till one thing happens. It has to whither away and melt. This is what i think is happening. We are upon a problem that cannot be solved. Everything has to falter in order for it to correct itself. Why do i think this?

The government bailing out the banks, large companies, or even us..the middle class/everyone else.......this leads to nowhere. We are loaning money from the government that most of us can NEVER pay back. We are losing our 401'ks. We are losing the values in our homes and most importantly the dollar is losing it's value. It's almost an unstoppable trend. I feel the only way it can be stopped is by creating jobs in the US that keep the money here. It's all leaving the country. We can no longer afford the junk and bs we don't need because we don't make enough money to pay for it.

The government proposes another stimulus plan to boost the economy. What will u do with that money? Times are tough..will you go buy a new tv? Or will you save it. If it was me...i'd be saving it. That means the money doesn't go back into the economy and we actually end up hurting ourselves in the whole process as there has to be spending to keep people working.

I'm not that far from a city. What if things get bad enough that people start to starve? People from cities will flood the countryside in search of food. People will be fighting just to eat. We will not be able to sustain our population at this level anymore. Many will die...it's a terrible thought.

I just have a tough time not thinking the worst is inevitable. Despite what people say.."hey, it will get better...it may turn around!" It's just not in our future in my eyes.

We have hit the tipping point in human history. We have outgrown the world. We are completely ravaging earth and making it barren. Eventually resources will dwindle...a huge drought will happen or something else...and it will hurt badly. Millions will die at this population growth rate.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The bubble thing is more about inflating and deflating the bubble, rather than it bursting. If anything it's more like a leak, which after the air escapes(deflation), is then patched up and inflated again.

Those doing the inflating and deflating are the ones who control it.

You aren't going to get anywhere as long as we have an entity that creates money as a loan, and then charges interest money that is never created. It's setup from the start for the people getting loans and such to be screwed and under constant debt.

Unless we move to a debt free monetary system without interest, you're pretty much screwed either way. The best you can hope to do is be good in judging when the inflation and deflation is going on, and most people don't notice until after the fact.

join