It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the straights getting special treatment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm wondering why the straights are getting special treatment. I mean, why are we being treated with more respect than gays, lesbians, or bisexuals? What makes people think we're better than them?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Because 9 out of 10 people are straight.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Great question. The thing is, is that straight people like us unfortunately have not only a smugger attitude, but a holier than art thou attitude that tends to put down others who aren't in the majority. And, unfortunately, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgender people aren't quite as numerous as straight people. But that doesn't mean that straight people like me have the right to deny gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgender people the basic rights that straight people enjoy, which include: the right to be treated with dignity and respect; the right to get married; the right to enjoy home ownership; the right to keep and adopt children; the right to advance in the work place; the right to be represented in the political life of the nation; the right to be able to leave their worldly goods to their life's partners; and the right to be who they chose to be. In other words, they should be allowed to be themselves without having to live in fear because straight and/or religious people insist on denying them the same things that they in turn take for granted. I only came around to this way of thinking myself when I started finding out that people I knew were gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. It was then that I saw with my own two eyes that they have the same hopes, dreams, desires, and fears that I, as a straight person do. I therefore would like to apologize to everyone on ATS/BTS who is gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender for having been bigoted against them earlier in my life.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Because 9 out of 10 people are straight.

Yep...that makes them better

-Kyo

top topics

join