It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got pulled over.America's transportation system is severely lacking efficiency!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nobody will understand your pain dude, because you are talking to a bunch of kids that doesn't have analytical ability. Remember, America is for the rich. The poor has to serve them. A ticket for a person that barely surviving vs rich person, the pain of the ticket cost is not proportion to both. So is the pain associated with the cost. To dwell on it, you are making your pain worse. Mr. Obama said it well. "Government by the people , on the people, for the people". There is always a solution for every problem if our government would have been honest. Traffic cops are there to generate money. They are not there to make the system efficient. Other wise you would have seen efficient Public transportation including Campus efficient parking, which include rapid movement of students from place to place on campus regardless how big is the parking lot. The only suggestion I can give you is to move out to a city or country where you can minimize your stress level. It is your stress that you tried to sound off.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

However, if I really did not know there was a stop sign at a particular intersection, and I accidentally killed someone's child, is justice shown by putting me up for manslaughter? More philosophical question I guess but that's another subject.

Seriously. Either you are trying to fool everyone or you REALLY should not be allowed to drive!!!

OPEN your eyes when you drive. Be aware of your surroundings.
If you are a careless driver and kill an innocent person, YES, you should be charged accordingly.

You are a careless driver and are blaiming everyone else but yourself. Please, do not get behind the wheel of a car.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by greeneyedleo]

Been driving for about 5 or more years now and only one small fender bender has occurred. I am not blaming the system. I just want the system to stop blaming me for their deficient and defect transportation system. I live in Delaware so it is pointless to argue about this, since it all depends on where you live. I have seen some of New Jersey's highways and systems that are way better than Delaware's. So its relative, therefore futile to argue about this.

we can discuss justice of you would like. Make a thread and I am there.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Been driving for about 5 or more years now and only one small fender bender has occurred. I am not blaming the system. I just want the system to stop blaming me for their deficient and defect transportation system. I live in Delaware so it is pointless to argue about this, since it all depends on where you live. I have seen some of New Jersey's highways and systems that are way better than Delaware's. Do its relative, therefore futile to argue about this.

we can discuss justice of you would like. Make a thread and I am there.

Did you ever think that they system is not "broke" but maybe you are a bad driver?

Because i have been driving for 21 years all over the country and have NEVER had issues with this stuff. Its other people being careless hitting me that have the issues.

Seriously. Take responsiblity for YOURSELF before you blaim "the system" because that is what you are doing.

Good luck and stay safe!

[edit on 11/7/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Fight the ticket
and print out this thread for evidence on your behalf

:: waves to the judge with a red face from holding back his laughter ::

nothing to get all pooped about really
its better paying the ticket for running a stop sign then
paying for something that could have been worse

I understand that you don't want you money to go to things you don't agree with but do understand that most of the traffic ticket moneys goes back to the safety of roads and such, considering I don't see the state buying nukes with the money.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You are just trying to get me to admit that I am blaming the system are you!?

Okay. I understand what you are saying and everything you have been telling me is logical and very well presented. I think safety before anything else when driving. Please understand that. Second, I think of efficiency. Please understand that as well.

When the system is designed for inefficiency, should I not blame the system. Why should I pay money to the local government for a ticket that could have been prevented if the system was REALLY geared towards efficiency and safety. No, it is not geared towards that but geared towards establishing a sense of safety by trying to control the drivers actions by instilling fear of losing money, A.K.A. punishment. In other words, I am trying to prevent the future deaths of people while advancing our road systems at the same time, through the overpass-underpass system. Win Win situation right except for the money it takes to purchase and build the new system.

Like I said before, my message was this but for some reason as soon as the topic of traffic laws comes into discussion, all it takes is one person to scream, "He is not thinking of safety! Look! Please everyone, rebut his original post A.S.A.P. !" I feel like I said it 30 times already that if we had efficiency on the road, we would be less stressed, less road raged, less etc. Thus, helping to prevent accidents, and saving time and money in the short run simultaneously.

I am at a loss for words. Thanks for the great discussion though.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm assuming from some of the cooments on this thread that a lot of the rulations around motor vehicles in america, like i feel about here in the UK are solely about generating money, not about what they should be which is ensuring safety. speed cameras here in the UK are placed in places that will catch people speeding, yes, but not places that are accident blackspots etc. on a road near me, a main highway (think thats what you would call it in the USA) there are approx 10 cameras over 40 mile stretch, so in theory you could be hit by 4 of these in the space of an hour an lose your licence, (you get three points per camera, with an automatic ban at 12 points), speed limit is 70 miles per hour, but at 2am with hardly any other cars on the road you could drive faster and still be safe, o towns near the road etc. anyway heres a personal expriance,I moved a motorbike from garage to main road as a buyer was coming to view it, (bike didn't have road tax) so a traffic warden gave me a ticket, wich I paid quite quickly. about three months later police arrived at the door and told me I hadn't paid the fine and would be arrested. I showed them the reciept for the fine and they left. two days later they were back, saying that although i had paid that fine i still had another to pay, at which point i got very confused, 1 offence but 2 fines??? apparently the first fine was for having the bike on a road without a valid tax disc on display, and the second was for not having a tax disc!!!!!! this proces took up the time of 2 police officers for about 2 weeks, plus paperwork costs etc. how on earth can they justify this when we have an overstretched force in the first place, it's no wonder our streets aren't safe anymore.

*ok rant over we can all move on now*

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

You are just trying to get me to admit that I am blaming the system are you!?

There's no need for you to admit it, the proof is in your posts.

The reason I say absurd is because our transportation system is severely lacking in the U.S.

Again, it works for tens of millions of other people just fine. The problem is not with the system.

Why not just fix the system?

There's nothing wrong with it AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THE RULES.

I had a bad day and want to fix the system fo transportation.

Somehow your plan to fix it is to spend every dollar on earth to make overpasses at every intersection. I think I'm starting to doubt your really in college if you truly think that's a feasible plan.

If the system was geared towards complete efficiency and safety, the child would have never died in the first place.

Actually, if the negligent driver had been paying attention, the child would never have died in the first place. See, all you have to is OPEN YOUR EYES and you don't have to spend trillions and trillions of dollars putting in underpasses at EVERY intersection everywhere.

I broke the law unintentionally because the system is defective.

Right there, you flat out no-holds-barred blamed the system for your own incompetence behind the wheel. You should have wrote that your own overconfidence and ego about being the best driver on the planet temporarily blinded you , causing you to miss the stop sign.

I just want the system to stop blaming me for their deficient and defect transportation system.

Holy crap man, just holy crap. I can't even believe you wrote that. If there's a complaint to be made about the system, it's that it provided you a license. If the rules of the road are to complicated for you to follow all at once, then for gods sake don't get behind the wheel, don't blame it for being to complicated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join