talking about aliens and tech

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
come on now they literally use tech i meen if they exist, would it be wrong to say that if i can read minds with my brains i would be more advanced then they aretry something called enlightenment an affect of morals called the ten commandments, or what they could possibly be abandoned by god for there abandonment of him in search of greater power then god himself through tech, the point is humans could possibly be more advanced through their beliefs then through science and tech, just saying

Mod Edit: Title

[edit on 11/7/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
talking about aliens and tech

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
can you please rewrite that in a more legible way.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about...just sayin.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
can you please rewrite that in a more legible way.

That was a nice way to ask for clarity.

I would also like to understand what the OP is trying to communicate.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Do you mean if aliens are technologically superior to us (suggested by the actual ability to traverse the universe [if they exist and can]) it doesn't necessarily follow that they are more "advanced" than us. We may be more spiritually and morally advanced to a culture based on technological prowess?

If you do mean that - interesting thought.

[edit on 7/11/08 by Supercertari]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Is there anyway to apply a certain type of internet web bot artificial intelligence to posts, and immediately delete them if they sound as if they're written by a drunken 16 yr old grammar delinquent chump that just stumbled into the library and got his time at the computer with internet access?

-

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
aliens use tech, and not more much more of there brains then regular humans use, it wouldn't be hard to say that humans are more advanced because of there belief systems and things like the 10 commandments and instead of moving towards tech, because it might actually take us a step back if tech were to someday not exsist, people should start trying to activate parts of there brain instead of using tech to do everything for them just saying.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jay.mo
aliens use tech, and not more much more of there brains then regular humans use, it wouldn't be hard to say that humans are more advanced because of there belief systems and things like the 10 commandments and instead of moving towards tech, because it might actually take us a step back if tech were to someday not exsist, people should start trying to activate parts of there brain instead of using tech to do everything for them just saying.

"Tech" will never cease to exist.
Your fingernails and teeth are "tech".. organic tools.
matter under our control to make our existence more comfortable.

"Tech" will never cease to exist.

Are you trying to say that humans are more advanced morally than aliens?
How do you know this, and which aliens (out of the many many different species reported) are you talking about?

By the way, I think you're drunk. It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to communicate.

Just saying.

-

[edit on 7-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

I think you have it correct there. I won't be able to find a reference as I read this in a book, but the difference between a technologically advanced species as opposed to a spiritually advanced species would help to either dampen or exasperate a "Culture Shock" between two newly met species.

The Thread Author seems to place more relevance in matters of a spiritual nature than those of a technological means and is using God as an example of supreme spirituality...and that the aliens (were they to exist) would have been disgraced by God and as such would have had no choice but to continue with technological advancement.

Hope that helps...and I hope that is accurate.

Cheers...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
as im aware no on the web bots for 16 year olds that are drunk, and what im saying is the aliens that are reportedly doing tests on humans, is not obvious that they are looking for something, if they are using electronic tech they are obviously not looking for our electronic tech, then they are looking for something else that humans have perhaps in our brains through such things like enlightenment which they might not find because they might be lacking a belief system because of tech and a foundation of morals. because if its tech it doesn't matter if your spiritually bad, without beliefs and morals anyways. which i believe might be why they are abandoned by god. i mean somebody had to create them if it took belief for enlightenment and they didnt have any except for scientifilogical beliefs they could be abandoned, sorry for the weird word and crappy grammar.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

as im aware no on the web bots for 16 year olds that are drunk, and what im saying is the aliens that are reportedly doing tests on humans, is not obvious that they are looking for something, if they are using electronic tech they are obviously not looking for our electronic tech, then they are looking for something else that humans have perhaps in our brains through such things like enlightenment which they might not find because they might be lacking a belief system because of tech and a foundation of morals. because if its tech it doesn't matter if your spiritually bad, without beliefs and morals anyways. which i believe might be why they are abandoned by god. i mean somebody had to create them if it took belief for enlightenment and they didnt have any except for scientifilogical beliefs they could be abandoned, sorry for the weird word and crappy grammar.

It's reasonable to conclude that any species that has deeply investigated and applied technological development,
has as well, deeply investigated and applied moral codes and philosophies at GREAT length.

Perhaps the imperative for their need in what they're trying to accomplish through their abductions, in their mind, surpass the need to adhere to OUR moral codes.

Perhaps their philosophy they've concluded to use, is the prime philosophy, and is one that does not include our comfort and pleasure, at this time.

Perhaps their philosophy actually includes suffering of others to derive their OWN comfort and pleasure.

Do human scientists "get off" on their experiments on lab rats while the rats suffer, but in the end produce a cure for a human disease, or prolonged human life, or in the least, insight?
do they directly "get off" on the rat's suffering?

Would they get off on the suffering of a being who is more conscious of what is happening to it? Or has a more developed and sensitive nervous system?

I think most do not.
Some may.
Or some may figure out how to eventually.

I think it's narrow sighted to think in a "good or bad" "commandments vs. science" mentality when looking at situations as broad and complex as what could be going on during abductions.

They might not just be physical experiments / harvesting.
The experiments may have as broad a study base as the "soul", or biological effects through time, EM conditions, psychological effects of situations, etc.. the possibilities are endless.

-

[edit on 7-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
nicely done i like that, but if they were out to help us wouldnt they abide by our general moral codes and beliefs unless they were just trying to help themselves but that means they hold science over spiritual beliefs and it seems to me that they could be converting people through science ruining the humans chances of being spiritually enlightened. which is what they could be looking a way of being enlightened because of a lack of spiritual belief.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There's a science fiction short story about this topic in which the Aliens take advantage of an 'easy' method of hyper-drive that we could have come up with but missed it.

In addition, being anthropomorphic a bit, intelligence is comprised of not just tech skill, but also emotional and cultural qualities. So like the dumb aliens in 'The Fifth Element' , they might be very backwards in terms of interacting with others.

Also, in the case of 'found or captured' tech, the Aliens may have devices they don't know how to make or how they operate, they just use them.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ok, if they are spiritually up to par with us wouldnt they actually need to talk to us to know what we are about spiritually or morally unless thats what they are searching for, are common bounds intelligently which means they might have only went one way which means we the people need to keep up with our beliefs and not just use science as a source for everything

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

(...)wouldnt they abide by our general moral codes and beliefs(...)

Why would they? Do we care about rats or any other animals "general code and beliefs" when we experiment on them?

And as said above by prevenge, our "general moral codes and beliefs" are maybe not at all their concern. They could be way beyond what we still think is right. We were not abiding by our current "general moral codes and beliefs" a few centuries ago.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
well we put them to sleep so yeah, and if we could talk to them we would

new topics
top topics

join