It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board or Key to the Devil's Door!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi....just out of curiousity....
Have you ever used a Ouija Board?
I would use my aunt's Ouija board as a child....we would set up a dark room at night...light candles....it would be my siblings and cousin's using...all children at the time...
We would spend hours being entertained.....only talking to the good spirits of course!
A few years ago....was looking to buy a ouija board...but could not find one.
Went into a Tarot shop...told shop owner I was just browsing.
The lady ,then went to the back of her shop....when she came back out,she approached me with a channel board, and she said,'I believe this is what you are looking for '. I was stunned, how did she know?.Then she said,'I don't sell ouija boards anymore,but this is similar!'.The lady also said....she wouldn't sell these to just anyone...as they should be used with care.

I went home with my channel board,but have never used it.
I also have a neighbour, who has a sister...her sister uses a Bible and a key.My neighbour calls this,the key to the Devil's door!
She says, her sister shouldn't do this...and won't have much to do with her sister!
I have not heard of this bible & key,Devil's Door before, have you?

Do you have any experience with an Ouija Board at all?
If so, please share!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The experiences I've had with a Ouija board occurred during my early teens. I gathered with friends of mine on two or three occasions, never more than four of us in total, to attempt to "make contact". Well, that was the general idea, though I don't know if any of us actually believed it would work. Though we attempted to be entirely serious and quiet, we inevitably erupted into laughter when things got a bit too tense. Needless to say, I was never part of an effective Ouija board session. This may be entirely due to our silliness and lack of true commitment, but my personal opinion still leans toward the Ouija board's powers being fully imaginary.

[edit on 7/11/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have had experiances of ouija boards!!!!! there is alot of myth and misconceptions expected about them........but from my experiances and subsequent research..........STAY AWAY! it takes a very very strong and experianced medium to be able use one SAFELY
please it is not a good thing to tamper with!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Parker Brothers wouldn't have sold gates to hell to children... unless that's a conspiracy theory I'm not aware of. Were the Parkers Satan worshipping Illuminati?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ther ris a huge difference between a supposed board game and actual spiritual connectivity!

s*** Im a skeptic!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekonabroom

Nurses Get Spooked

Here is a little ghost story I wrote the other day. Lots of love Circle

Now is the time for the Story.. It is written at midnight. It is written in a dark room as the candle flickers and dies......................

Norfolk is the place of swirling sea mists and howling winds, dark nights and strange myths. Its people offer up guarded comments about their supernatural connections. One eye on their pagan past and the other on the church. Hurry to the church at midnight my Norfolk folk! Hurry for sanctuary from the Black Shuck!! He snaps at the heels of your ancestors as you run towards the new religion.

My story starts in a simple way amongst straightforward folk many years ago. The year is 1971 in the sleepy old Norfolk market town of Aylsham. The good folk awake to another supposedly ordinary day. Only this day will never be ordinary! With shock the word goes around like fire that there has been a murder.Unheard of in this quiet rural community. No murder here surely? Market day on Tuesday; half closing day on Wednesday and on Thursday bell ringing at the Church. On Friday we eat our fish and on Saturday go down to The Black Boys for a pint. On Sunday we go to Church and sing our hyms and on Monday ..............Monday a teenage girl is found lying in a ditch - face down - viciously raped and strangled. Aylsham reels and Aylsham groans and Aylsham fears. In her midst is a murderer.
The bungling local police do their searches and are quickly replaced by the London slick-boys from Scotland Yard. "Get out of the way you country bumpkins here come the CID to do a proper Investigation". Only the Investigation starts in August, falters in September and by November turns up no new leads. All the good men of Aylsham have blood samples taken to eliminate them from the list of suspects. Wives; Sisters and Girlfriends ask the dreaded question - "can my Husband; Brother; Boyfriend be the murderer?" All the women look on all the men with suspicion. "Are you a murderer and rapist man scum?" 1971 is the year of feminism and this year the all men are filth.
In this general unease and suspicion I begin my story about the haunted house. Please bear in mind that my story is true and if you should be tempted to walk down lonely Norfolk lanes remember it well. Black Shuck could be behind your shoulder. But enough of him - the Devils Hound - let us try to concentrate on our House of Horrors. Our House or should I say the Railway Cottage. Many years ago - back in the Victorian Times - a railway line ran past this cottage. Our rural idyll with rose bushes and weeping willows. Thatched cottage with a herb garden and a little stone path that led down to the garden gate that adjoined the railway line. From there could often be seen the old steam locomotives and shunting wagons. Firesmoke and cinders and shrill loco whistles.
Now the cottage of 71 had seen the old railway line taken-up. The rose bushes had all but grown wild and the weeping willows weeped a little more with advancing old age and decay. Chances are that the little stone path was that overgrown and uncared for that there was no way to go down to the little wooden gate that used to overlook the track. So our fateful young friends found the Cottage in 71 and decided to move in. They were four student nurses. The Studious One; the Religious One; the Partygoer and the Dabbler. "Yes" they said to the landlord . I think it was the partygoer that said yes to him. She said yes to a lot of men I am told. The Studious One said it would be a good place to study - nice and quiet. Very quiet as the Cottage stood some way out of town. No neighbours here to disturb her studies. The Partygoer said she could get a lift with her boyfriend into town for some partying. The Religious One prayed for a blessing on the house. What she got was a curse but let us not talk of that yet. And the Dabbler, the investigator the tryer and the tinker what did she do?..........

..........The Dabbler dabbl

link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
The Parker Brothers wouldn't have sold gates to hell to children... unless that's a conspiracy theory I'm not aware of. Were the Parkers Satan worshipping Illuminati?

Well, they did market Monopoly while the world was in the throes of the Great Depression. This is in essence saying, "Look here! A new game! And in it, you can buy and sell lots of property, make lots of money, only to have it taken away from you by this ****ing board and your fellow players! Have fun, folks!".

Sounds pretty devilish to me.

link   
The Dabbler dabbled and she tried out her new toy. Almost the first night there in the Cottage she dabbled. The object of her curiosity was - the Ouija Board.( Oh Black Shuck I hear your howls for blood and for souls - for all good DABBLERS.) And so it started. Innocent fun for young teenage students in our solitary Cottage.And so the madness started.

First they thought it was a prank. Maybe the Partygoer was having a laugh. Always when the Religious or Studious Ones were alone. The old heavy cast iron and oak front door of the cottage would be opened. Never mind that it weighed a hundred-weight to move and creaked and groaned in the moving. Shut and latched no wind could move it. Solid. Only every evening the door was discovered opened. The Studious One even locked the door but still would find it ajar and the iron black key lying on the floor. Then the footsteps were heard. Yes, the footsteps could be heard coming from the door and moving up the long corridor that intersected the cottage. Each of the girls rooms led of this corridor. Religious One prayed that the footsteps would not stop at her door. She could see here breath clearly as the steps came closer and closer. Again and again this would happen. At last, one night, unable to bear any more torment, she burst open her to face the interloper. Nothing. Nothing.

Religious One packed her things, and left the Cottage, not to return. Now there was Three. This made the remaining girls more uneasy. Especially as there had been a recent murder in the area. They had no neighbours or phone or car. They were alone. There were accusations as to who the prankster could be. The PartyGoer - a friend of my eldest Sister who related this story to me many years later - swore that she was not pulling a prank. After yet another argument they all retired to their rooms for sleep or study. There was to be no sleep. More footsteps more noises - they all rushed out into the corridor. The door again ajar and what they could perceive outside in the darkness a slowly retreating fog. The most courageous of them - who herself was full of trepidation - hesitated towards the door.She strained her eyes out into the night and saw what she thought was a figure of a creature moving away to the railway line gate. Shrouded in mist, bent over and huddled, the creature slowly dissolved and vanished. Trick of the eyes?

Now the girls were spooked. The house played tricks on them. Familiar objects would disappear and reappear in unusual places. The Studious One thought she saw one of her books levitate and throw itself against a wall. Then it all stopped. It all stopped. No more footsteps. No more mists and levitations and dematerializations. It all went quiet. the Partygoer thought she would find a new place to live. Even the excitement of the haunting had now gone out of her life and Aylsham was too quiet for her. Now there was Two.

Only two was not enough. The girls did different shifts as nurses. That meant that they could find themselves alone in the Cottage and that was not satisfactory. Too creepy. So they advertised for another companion. Our friends vowed not to tell any perspective guest about the haunting or the Ouija Board. Why should they say anything? It had all stopped hadn't it? And so our new companion walked into the house and our two kept their guilty secret hidden from her. Life carried on.
Then after three months the Studious One left. That left the Dabbler and the other girl - who we will call Judith. Now Judith and our Dabbler decided to get out that Ouija Board again. Boredom I think. They asked it questions that the year before illicited no response. Except the response of unnatural noises and mists that is! Only this time there was a direct response on the Board. The Board said that there was a NOW a contact. (Dear reader my hair is starting to stand up with the re-telling of this part of the Story. Oh unhappy Story!) The Board said they were talking to Albert. Albert lived in the house and he liked watching the trains. Trains were his joy and they were his passion. "Chuff chuff" he said as he played being a train up and down and up and down the corridor of the Cottage. "Out of the door and down to the gate that overlooked the railway line". (The one that so many years ago had been uprooted). The girls decided to talk to Albert. The strange footsteps returned. The girls even started to call out "hello Albert is that you." Strange how they grew accustomed to their haunting.

The Dabbler confessed to Judith about the earlier visitations and I think there was friction between them because of the deception. Anyway they tried to patch things up and decided - together - to research the history of the Cottage. To do this they visited their local resource Library and found an old black and white photograph taken of the Cottage circa 1880. Outside was a bright shiny locomotive steaming past. Further research bore fruit of the bitter kind. Yes once upon a time there had been a man who lived at the Cottage. His name was Albert and from all accounts he was a man considered mentally retarded. A simpleton who was taken care of by an elderly relative even though Albert was in his forties. Albert loved trains and had the misfortune one day to stray out on to the track only to be crushed under the wheels of a locomotive. Out of guilt for not keeping an eye on Albert, his elderly relative committed suicide. This was achieved by strangulation, from one of the weeping willows, next to the house. The Vicar refused to conduct the christian rights at the funeral. "His soul is dammed" he said. Those were unenlightened times dear reader when suicides were considered fit for the fires of hell. Can you hear Black shuck howling now dear Reader?
Anyway with these disclosures the girls became even more agitated and enlisted the help of the local parish Priest to do an exorcism of the Cottage. Whatever was in the house was not Albert. Could "it" have been the Suicide coming back to take vengeance on a member of the clergy? Confusion that it was the one from 1880? We will never know. All I can say dear Reader is that the Priest barely managed to get out of the Cottage alive. Judith was found wandering days later wandering the lonely country lanes. Sweet Judith was so disturbed that she was committed to an asylum where I'm told she resided to the day of her death in 1984. The Dabbler dabbles no more I'm told and jumps in fear to every noise in the night. Even a dog barking will make her weep and get down on her knees to beg for forgiveness. Did she hear the bark and growl of Black Shuck?

Hoped you liked my story.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Brilliant Circle. Copy edit it and have it published for reals! Oh wai...

Ya - ouija...yesyes...tell me more of your secrets, kind soul, and do not worry of my origin. The answers might astound you but they are never wrong unless you change them. Ask away into oblivion or go and play.

GOGO Preists! And yay for asylums! Poor Judith, her soul was released.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if it's technically a "toy." A lot of people apparently have had weird experiences with it. What it means, exactly, is difficult to say.

Still, they're mighty interesting. Check out some of the wonderful boards here:

www.fantoms.com...
www.museumoftalkingboards.com...

I mean, if you're going to conjure spirits, demons, or the Devil himself, it would be nice to do it on a real work of art!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes

Originally posted by eNumbra

Well, they did market Monopoly while the world was in the throes of the Great Depression. This is in essence saying, "Look here! A new game! And in it, you can buy and sell lots of property, make lots of money, only to have it taken away from you by this ****ing board and your fellow players! Have fun, folks!".

Sounds pretty devilish to me.

The plot thickens...

I do however, have an incredible urge to play Monopoly now. Its been forever and I'm not sure if we even have a board anymore.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

Thanks for the great story.....ejoyed reading it heaps!

Poor Albert.....& Judith.....!

And in reply to everyone else.......
Monopoly.....I also used to set up as a Seance as a child....
Also my aunt's Ouija board was not allowed to be used ,if we giggled...
It would be packed up straight away....

And I have been too chicken to use the channel board...

thanks everyone, heaps!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ive wanted one for years now and my grandma tells me no cause its the key to the devils door and bad spirits and demons can come in threw it and start doing whatever it pleases i just see it as simple fun and i would really like to know if it works

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I own one, but so far have NOT gotten any attention from the spirit world.

I even went and did the things that you aren't supposed to do, like leave the pointer on the board, with no results. It is in the same room that I sleep in, and I have never experienced anything disturbing in that room.

Believe what you want, but I find that either my board is empty, or it was a default one that doesn't have the ability to communicate with spirits.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slipknotgirl221

When I used the Ouija Board as a child....my impression from then...
Is that it can work...if you take it serious!

But ,I still think it should not be tampered with,by the inexperienced!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah I've.used the ouija board several times with my sisters. The first time was when I was a teenager. I was 13 years old and thought we would get a few dead people maybe. We were given very profound messages that we were chosen and that when the end of the world comes we would be taken up by a UFO!!

Now, I know it sounds crazy but I didn't even think about UFO's at that age let alone the end of the world!!
In my adult life I have since read all about 2012 and I have seen proper UFO's. So I wonder how much truth there was to it. I have done ouija on several occasions as an adult and know how to use spiritual protection. When I do it with my sisters it's fine but there has been times when an energy has been left around the house. One particular energy made a sulphur smell like a stink bomb. We nick named it fart ghost in the end as it seemed appropriate. Eventually I managed to send it to the light.

I have been told lots of info and some of it has happened.

I agree you have to know what your doing and make sure you invite only the light

I remember a quote from some guy who once said
"if you leave your front door open only a weirdo is going to walk in"

And its a little bit like leaving your door open if you don't know what your doing!!

[edit on 18-11-2008 by starseedz]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by starseedz

thanks for your post starseedz.....I also have a experience with one ouija board contact,I would have been about 8 at the time.....her name was Edwina....I name I would never have thought of on my own....sister,cousins etc at the time ages up to maybe 11yrs old....things she told us, we would have never have made up....said she died on a ship in 1700's, named ship etc at the time...wish I could remember it's name now...as may have been able to look up passenger information....

Also starseedz are you travelling ,as your edit to your post is a different date...the day before your post.....or are you in the twilight zone!!!

new topics

top topics

join