It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it ok for the US to develop....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons, but when another country starts to develop one it's suddently "unecceptable "?
I'm an American and I thing this is BS. Let he who is without nuclear weapons cast the first stone!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Its okay for Hitler to develop nuclear weapons when he had a chance. Nobody should criticize him for it. He was trying to protect his country.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
Nuclear weapons, but when another country starts to develop one it's suddently "unecceptable "? I'm an American and I thing this is BS. Let he who is without nuclear weapons cast the first stone!

Nobody said anything was fair. Might makes right. The biggest worry, however, is that a country with nothing to lose will develop a nuclear weapon. Most superpowers understand that if they start lobbing these things around, it will cause as much damage to their own countries as it does their enemies. But if some dirt-poor country controlled by people who are willing to kill and sacrifice themselves for their crazy god develop a nuke, they'll be much more likely to actually use it. Which will mean a bad day for everybody.

So it's best to try and put the kibosh on this sort of thing from the beginning. Fair or "legal" or not.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
first of all america isnt the only one. there are several. and the reason they are allowed to is because they do most work jointly. they consider a project for the benefit of humanity not a project to wipe out other countires like iraq iran or north korea would do.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ideally no-one would have or develop nukes but there's no doubt that some can't be trusted at all with them.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I believe every Nation should either have zero nuclear WMDs or every Nation should have nuclear WMDs. All or nothing.

As for the some nations can't be trusted with WMDs:

That would be America, my own country, for who else has used them on another Nations soil?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
first of all america isnt the only one. there are several. and the reason they are allowed to is because they do most work jointly. they consider a project for the benefit of humanity not a project to wipe out other countires like iraq iran or north korea would do.

How can developing nukes benefit humanity in any way!!!! If you were Japanese who had someone in your family ( civilians by the way ) who died or were permanently damaged you would sing a VERY diffrent tune.
Okay the US isn't the only one, but the only one that really matters if you skip all the BS.
For god's sake it's even ok for the US to have military bases all over the WORLD!! This is obsulutely unecceptable. You may say they
re just there to help, but it's not good for humanity's future. How would you like for the Japanese to have military bases here in the US? Not much, but we have bases in Japan!! God I'm so sick of my country, most people don't even know these sort of things and it's sickening.
I hope there is a NWO and that they enslave us, because we don't deserve to have freedom for being so ignarat and selfish.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount.… The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
—Omar Bradley

The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe.
—Albert Einstein

My 9 yr.old Grandson says that "the world leaders need to stop killing the innocent. If they have that big of a problem with each other they should take it to The WWE and have it out, instead of bullets,bombs and poisons !"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Your tag is inconsistent with this thread...

Most rednecks want death to any state/nation that may prove to be a threat to the U.S....

What happened to you...? ATS get to ya'..?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As technology advances this is a hurdle that a people must cross over..

all it takes is one person willing to push the button and we all die.... so therefor you would NOT want anyone retarded near the big red button....
Here comes the pain of consequence from the lack of respect for the creation of life.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't think we use them enough. We should have reduced the mountains on the Afghanistan Pakistan border to rubble and glass to get Osama Bin Laden and his freaks.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

all it takes is one person willing to push the button and we all die.... so therefor you would NOT want anyone retarded near the big red button....
Here comes the pain of consequence from the lack of respect for the creation of life.

I do hope that you realize it takes a hell of alot more than just pushing a red button.
There is a extensive process involved.

That being said...

Every man, woman and child lives under a nuclear sword of Damocles, hanging by the slenderest of threads, capable of being cut at any moment by accident or miscalculation or madness.
—John F. Kennedy

It is as true in morals as in physics that all force is imperishable; therefore the consequences of a human action never cease.
—Tennessee Claflin

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
I don't think we use them enough. We should have reduced the mountains on the Afghanistan Pakistan border to rubble and glass to get Osama Bin Laden and his freaks.

You realize you just said we should have blanketed countless civilians, including women and children right? Nice.

How about sending in a highly trained spec-ops team to assassinate that one man, and then we take it from there.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
look nuclear energy is the future.so nuclear energy can benift society. and think about this a nuke goes off kills lets say 1 million people. then what? we shoot back and kill 5 million of them. so its better for us to hit first and hit hard. we need our nukes.
i live by the motto "better them then me"

if someone had a nuke i would sure as hell want more then him. i believe that a nuclear weapon is a good thing. it gives us the control.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

all it takes is one person willing to push the button and we all die....

As far as is Public knowledge there is no WMD near that capability. In a WW3 there still would be many exchanges, not a 1 button annihilation.

America dropped Atomic Bombs on Japan.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Good post
I view the worlds nuclear arsenal and those that own nukes but deny others, like I would the "bully" with the base ball bat or knife. Woe betide any of those being bullied for wanting a baseball bat or knife of their own.

The days when nuclear weapons were a deterant are long gone and sad to say, in this day and age I think they are viewed more as a tool to pressure and an excuse to go to war.

The views of those who live on earth are changing regarding the dread and fear we used to have about our ability to scorch mother earth clean.
IMO we know deep inside that the day when they are used is getting closer, its almost an inevitability, an acceptance. This acceptance has been created by the soul and mind numbing chemicals we breath, eat, drink and touch.

Looking at the last 20 years of the history of mankind on earth I firmly believe that America, the country first to use the "bomb", will be honoured with the accolade of also being second. Only this time the bully will be held to task by others who also have a weapon.

To end, I find it difficult to choose who I would want not to have nukes between the US and Iran and would put my money on the US using them first every time !

respects

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Japan was stupid. They should have surrendered when Germany went down. They wanted to fight to the last man, woman and child so they had to be shown they were really defeated. We could have landed troops and achieved the same thing but at the cost of many allied lives. To that end it saved more lives that it took.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I agree. You'll note that fanatics will never having a problem sacrificing their people without a second thought.

So the mutually assured destruction part doesn't enter into any equation they use to determine any long-term plans.

Even Hitler, in his own words thought that at the end, the German people were unworthy to survive. As it was, even the Japanese needed to face total destruction before they would face reality.

Naw, in war, if you find yourself in a fair fight, your planning was insufficient and your execution positively sucks.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
Nuclear weapons, but when another country starts to develop one it's suddently "unecceptable "?
I'm an American and I thing this is BS. Let he who is without nuclear weapons cast the first stone!

Would it make you feel any safer if everyone were allowed to develop nukes?

[edit on 7-11-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oh god Ive just had a totally radical thought !!!!!!

Why dont we just feed those who are starving, clothe those who are freezing and cure those who are ill !.

While we are at it lets make sure every new baby has the chance to live past their 5th birthday and lets eradicate cancer with the means we already have to do it. Next, lets use the money that is spent maintaining the nuclear arsenals of the world, on returning the earth to the way it should be, green and growing.

Sorry maybe naive, not radical.

My spiritual ascension goes to plan, why?... because i believe in the words I just wrote.

respects

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join