It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Super moons coming up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Thank you too!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner
I wonder if any major events occurred on previous 'supermoons'

china quake..

Indonesia tsunami/quake...

just to name 2 recent ones.

your wrong

china quake may 12 supermoon may 5th

idonesia tsunami december 26th supermoon december 12th

so unless the effects are 1 or 2 weeks delayed i doubt they had anything to do with it.

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was born on a full moon and have always been fascinated by it. I've already decided that when I get a tattoo, it will be the full moon. I just haven't decided yet where exactly I want it to be.

It's strange to me that after thirty years or so of admiring the moon, I've never heard of a "Super moon".

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I guess this is just the Eagle Scout in me talking, but it applies to everyone.

BE PREPARED!

Do everything you can now while you have the time so you're ready when something like that comes up.

I can't see the future and I can't say that doing so will end up the way you planned and you will find yourself and your loved ones safe, but at least you will have some sort of plan or idea of what to do and where to go.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

prepared for what? prepared for something somewhere at sometime. things happen but to be prepared for some kind of super moon? this is ridiculous. its like all the people who prepared for the GFL. instead of building Anti- Moon Ray underground bunker why not buy some extra food and supplies for a real threat. like the financial collapse that will eventually come.

or forget all of that and for once just stop worrying and enjoy a nice night with your family on the night of the super moon. so if anything does happen atleast you'll leave happily.

once again nothing will happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Good or bad, i'm going to be out with the camera that night trying to get some decent moon shots.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Los Angeles is having a huge earthquake drill called The Great Shakeout on Nov. 13th. Coinkidink? We have been told at my company (in a 20-story highrise) to get under our desks and cover our heads. As a veteran of the Northridge quake, I just can't wait for my flimsy desk partition to bonk me.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am not saying anything will or will not happen (as in earthquakes) but this "extreme super moon" on December 12, 2008 will bring the earth and moon the closest it has been since 1993.

I don't know about "the big one" but I believe the "normal" earthquakes will be stronger then usual around this time.

I sure hope the big one isn't a 9.2 either. What am I doing living in Southern California again?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join