It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Commission Report in Audio for Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I know that there are a lot of you that have read the report, claimed to have read it, or simply decided against reading it because it was too long and boring. Here is another option. There is a site that provides readings of many books (usually older ones and all public access) that has recently released a reading of the entire 911 Commission Report.

Here is a link to the site if you are interested. I'm putting it on my iPod so I can listen to the report this time through. I mean, the damn thing was so mind numbing when trying to read it that I found myself at times blurring the words out.

I believe that this way will allow for people to hear the contradictions and issues more clearly than if you were to read it.

Just thought I would share (if that is allowed).

911 Commission Report in Audio Format

You can download the individual chapters or the entire book in .zip format.

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks. Downloading it right now.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Why would anybody want to read a book of lies?
Furthermore, it dose not answer what really happened that day since no one has been held responsibly for not doing his or her jobs. Happy reading folks.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

I am sorry I have to ask you again, but my curiousity knows no bounds. Have you read the 9/11 Commision Report? Because if not then this thread is a great opportunity for you to actually learn what it is that you are criticizing.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Oh, believe me cash, I agree. It is a book of lies and manipulations. I just figured that a lot of people have yet to read the report. I am proposing an easier way to do that. Not for the purpose of believing it without thought but for the purpose of allowing the people to make the decision themselves as to whether the report was solid or filled with lies and misleading information as I have come to believe.

There was much that was not covered and much that was simply incorrect. This is a chance for people to put it on their iPod and listen to it while driving. A way to save time and get the gist of the report.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke

I am sorry I have to ask you again, but my curiousity knows no bounds. Have you read the 9/11 Commision Report? Because if not then this thread is a great opportunity for you to actually learn what it is that you are criticizing.

Exactly. Although I know you have more of an agreeance with the report than I do, this is exactly why I posted this. I do not like to hear from people who criticize without actually having read the report. I don't want to make any assumptions but I would have to say that the good chunk of truthers have not read the report all the way through.

Then again I don't really blame them. It is a frustrating read and very dry at times. But I also believe that it is important to get through the entire report in order to truly figure out where you stand.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Good point to make, I did not give it much thought; it is only fare for others to read and makeup their own mind. I read about half of it and stop, I had to throw up! I later scan through the rest but I can say I was very disappointed.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
hey great find there thanks for posting, I am grabbing a copy now also. I will have a listen later today. One thing I have been trying to hunt down is a e-version of the illustrated 9/11 commission, anyone seen it or know where to find it in a downloadable format?

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know what you mean exactly by illustrated. Here is a link to the report with pictures. Let me know if this is what you mean.

Link to ebook version of report

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Okay, here are some of my personal thoughts in listening to the report this time through. Maybe I ignored the 'sexing' up of the report in book form the first time through. What I mean is that this thing is reading like a fricking novel or thriller instead of what it is supposed to be. A report!

Anyone else notice that? The first step to creating fiction is to write things out in an elogant manner. They added way to much color to try and evoke emotions from the reader. They are clearly playing on the emotional level.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
**Update

Okay, after listening up through chapter 2 I have come up with some more interesting issues that confirm some complaints people have about this administration as well as challenges the very statement of this commission about not trying to set the blame on anyone.

As for the administration, here is what I have noted.

Even the report states that Bush was notified of the first plane just before he entered the classroom by his staff and then via phone by Rice. NOT that he saw it on a TV. This is per the statements obtained by the commission.

You all must remember the blatant story telling being done by our president to a crowd roughly 2 weeks after the attacks. He said that he saw the first plane hit (now, I don't take this as him actually watching the first plane hit but that he saw the after effects of the impact) and then his stupid remark about how terrible the pilot must have been. He then pauses and has to embellish (as do many liars) his story by saying, "obviously there was a TV outside of the room". Now why the hell would there be a TV outside of a classroom? Especially an elementary classroom?

Anyway, that was one point that I wanted to touch on.

Second, they claim that the report was not meant to lay blame anywhere but to simply report on what happened. Well, ALL of chapter 2 is dedicated to the history of Osama bin Laden and his growth in the islamic movement. They discuss the organizations he helped create throughout the 80's on up. Now how is this NOT trying to focus our attention solely on this man and his organization? Yeah, they're trying to NOT lay blame anywhere.

And at times, it still reads like a suspense thriller with terms like 'the battle for flight 93' and so on.

The writers were obviously trying to sensationalize this report, which I missed in my anger during my actual reading of it. It's a joke really. And nothing has changed my mind.

Oh yeah, I am convinced that some people should have seriously been fired at the higher levels of the FAA and all military operations involved with the control of aviation traffic and threats. Yet the commission makes it a point to say they feel they don't deserve to be in any trouble over that day. Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Okay, I have to stop listening. Now I remember why I skimmed through most of the report before! Because it's a complete farse!

They claim up front that they weren't looking to put any blame on anyone yet they dedicate chapter after chapter trying to incriminate Osama bin Laden and his followers.

Here is a pretty big flaw in the report. They base this information on data gathered from the CIA. Yet, early on they tear the CIA, FBI and every other intelligence agency apart for not being worth a damn and completely unable to truly perform their job. This was their way of providing an 'excuse' for messing up on 911.

Then, we are expected to believe that the CIA and fellows turned things around and came up with all of this valid data.

You can't have it both ways. You can't have a completely obsolete intelligence group and then a great, thorough group too!

Again, when writing a story this is a common problem. The themes get screwed up and conflicting data is presented.

This report is a bunch of crap because they ARE trying to focus the blame solely on bin Laden.

I'm not saying they didn't pull it off. What I am saying is that they have consistenly fallen back on the excuse to not find out who did it. They used this when the money issue came into play. They said this when WTC 7 was brought up. Then what do they do? They put all of the blame on this terror group.

Oh yeah, I remember reading this the first time. They do at least touch on the fact that bin Laden went to Afghanistan to fight the USSR. However, they make it a point to STRESS that they don't 'BELIEVE' any U.S. funds went his way.

Sure. Then why don't you guys investigate what ever happened to the investigation about the trillion plus dollars that the military was unaccounted for as reported on September 10th. I know, because they want to bury it!

The silly little factions within our governmnet are pathetic. I'm completely disgusted right now by these criminals and how they are going to get away with this.

Joke.

top topics

join