It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to hold press conference Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Obama plans to talk to reporters at 2:30 p.m. Eastern after meeting with advisers including former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Xerox Chairman and CEO Anne Mulcahy. Billionaire investor Warren Buffett will also participate via speakerphone.
Obama and his advisers huddle Friday amid yet more gloomy news for the U.S. economy. The U.S. labor market shed 651,000 jobs in the past three months, driving the unemployment rate to its highest point in more than 14 years, the Labor Department reported Friday. U.S. nonfarm payrolls fell by 240,000 in October, worse than expected.

source

Well..... it's time to see if Oboma has te same effect as Bush when he holds a press conference. Lets see how the markets react to him on the spotlight. If he tanks the market like Bush did whenever he spoke economy, we are in trouble.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'll play speach writer for President Elect Obama . . . .

Hey there folks . . . [wait for applause] . . . Thanks tons for electing me. I've been hunkered down will my 'advisory board' for the last day or so looking at the economy . . . [wait for groans] . . . and I assure you we think it is just as ugly as Phylis Dillar on her worst hair day [wait for laughter]

I just want you to know that we all feel your pain despite the fact that the out of all of us, there isn't one here who made under $1.2 million last year, but we really hope you do believe that we feel your pain . . . [wait for jaws to close after hitting floor] . . .

Anyhoots . . . we just wanted you to know that none of this is our fault and, well, there really isn't anything we can do about it until the middle of January, so please try to hang on until then . . . but rest assured, we are thinking of you . . . honest . . . we are.

Or not.

edited because I spell just as well as Paulson banks!!!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by GoalPoster]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

LMAO..... that was great. I think you predicted it bang on.

What I'm interested in is how much of an effect on the markets he will have when he goes public with his opinion. Do you think he has the capability yet to affect the markets?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
well i was going to start up a new thread about something Obama said in his speech this afternoon, but you should just edit your "subject" line and post the speech...

We must also remember that the financial crisis is increasingly global and requires a global response.

transcript of Obama's conference (cnn.com)

i don't like the sound of that... he didn't go into any details either, and goes straight into talking about the automotive industry immediately afterwards...

also, we're getting another "Stimulus Package"

I want to see a stimulus package sooner rather than later. If it does not get done in the lame-duck session, it will be the first thing I get done as president of the United States.

here we go again, same
, different day..

[edit on 7-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

new topics

top topics

join