It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brand of cigarette got you hooked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For those of you who smoke, do you remember what brand of cigarette made you want more? I suppose what I am asking is what was the first cigarette you smoked? I remember what brand it was that got me hooked to smoking.

Newport-menthols

I smoke Marlboro 100's now, but Newport cigarettes are what addicted me. How about you?

[edit on 7-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My mom smoked Kool Menthol 100's. That's what got me hooked. I stopped smoking for awhile. When I got married to a smoker I picked up the habit again. I was under a lot of stress and thought that smoking would help. :shk: Smoking did help me a little now that I am divorced I still smoke. My boyfriend does not smoke so I am going to try to stop. Wish me luck because I am going too need it. Now I smoke just about any menthol cigarette out there I really like Sonoma Menthol 100's.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Marlboro Light 100s...

My then-boyfriend was a jerk and I found out he got another girl pregnant. By her coming into where I worked and showing me the sonogram picture. I picked up one of my co-workers cigarettes and the rest is history.

My whole smoking is the oral fixation thing. I can go for days without smoking, but I have to have something to do with my hands or I go a little crazy.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Camels. No filter.

I used to date a girl who was a member of an indian nation in Oklahoma. She got a BIA check and "at cost" cigarettes, which for some reason were free (stolen, probably). The only kind she could (would) give me were the WWII style camels.

Quit cold turkey. I've been twitchy and fragrant for 10 years now.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ok
Canadian Brands here:
Players Light
then
Players Filter
then
Export A Mild
then
Export A regular

I quit over 20 years ago. Started again about 16 years ago, but quit in three months time.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
newports got me hooked. now i usually smoke parliaments or marlboro lights. although i just tried a camel crush which has a menthol ball in the filter which you literally crush to get the menthol flavor. you can smoke it as a menthol when crushed or a regular camel if you dont crush it. they are my new fixation.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure that I was addicted to second hand smoke by the time I was two years old. But it was Marlboros that got me hooked when I was a teenager. I smoked those until about two years ago when I switched to Camels. I've been smoking those ever since.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Marlboro Reds did the dirty deed for me.

Now I'm strictly American Spirit....and trying to quit.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Marlboro Reds did the dirty deed for me.

Yeah, Marlboros are pretty addictive. That is what I currently smoke.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Camel lights hooked me for twenty years though I'm happy to say I've been a non smoker for almost four years now.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What, am I supposed to write the whole story down, like many of you have been doing? Although, there is a funny story to go with it. But whatever, i'll just post the facts.
My first cigarette: Marlboro, Regs.
Favourite now:Kool (Menthol)
But i'll basically smoke anything Menthol.
Newports are a last resort...

adios

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I remember sneaking my mom's Chesterfield plain ends,now smoke Marlboro red

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When I started smoking, I bought Camel, then later I switched to Marlboro's. I stopped smoking 6 years ago because I wound up being on oxygen. I know I can't smoke myself, but I have no control over anyone else. And besides, even though I can't smoke anymore myself, everyone else has the right to decide for themselves whether or not they want to smoke. I'm not a fanatic about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Those dirty little green boxed Newports have stolen my soul for the past 10 years. This week I have switched to Salems, and hopefully next week Chantix will kick in.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I dont find it addictive, maybe im strong willed...... I used to smoke, mostly socially. and rarly on my own. like drinking. It went very well with the alcohol.

I have since moved onto cigars, with friends, and not regulary.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The first cig i ever smoked was a camel non filter that i stole from my grandmother.

For the last couple years i've been smoking marlboro lights short box. I've been through a couple different phases though: Camels, Lucky strikes, Marlboro reds, then finally my current vice.

I've tried to quit several times with no luck. Finally decidied i was just gonna keep smoking until I'm ready to quit, becasue to be honest, i enjoy my smokes.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It was a menthol which hooked me... I think of the marlboro variety. I would soon move onto "regular" cigs (marb, lucky strike, camel, etc) and develop a dislike for menthols. Throughout the years I've never been a true "smoker." Usually I smoke socially, when I'm drinking, etc. I have gone weeks without a smoke and then start up again. Recently I have been smoking 3-4/day on weekends and 0-1/day on weekdays.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This thread is making be wanna go and have a smoke break. Do you work for big tobacco?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

No, I don't work for big tobacco. And no, I don't want you to start smoking cigarettes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join