It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM lost $2.5 billion in latest quarter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

GM lost $2.5 billion in latest quarter

www.msnbc.msn.com

General Motors Corp. said Friday it lost $2.5 billion in the third quarter as it burned through $6.9 billion in cash.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is a hell of alot of money
And listen to how much money they got

I can't even imagine what's next
and it surely looks like there will be alot left yet to come

The only thing that they will allow to happen is a world economy for what they would call stability, done by the same people who orchestrated this thing to begin with.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well thats what happens when you make crap cars. Maybe after they go bankrupt they will restructure and start making some decent cars.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Have you guys and gals noticed that they tried to access the funds from the bailout package on wallstreet.(read it on cnn.money somewhere). This is insane....... another company that is blaming its own greed and failure on the economic slowdown. Im sorry to say this, but these car companies have not been paying attention to change. People want change everywhere.... they want less expensive cars, and better fuel ratio, and better quality. Not the same engine platform that has been reused without any change for the last 10 or more years. Im not saying that they didnt change some approach but it was condemned to fail. These type of cars are somewhat considered budget choice cars. You buy a price more than the fact of wanting a GM car.... welll I think.......

Furthermore, I think that its obvious right now, the system is slowly crashing.... Governement is stepping in, here and there, but the main issues remain. It is impossible for an imperialist system to work forever. We must consider changing some part of it, to fit our current style of spending needs. It is also improbable to have high demands forever on whatever product you can make. There is always a cap on how much consumers are going to buy. I mean that was a part of the credit crunch problem wasnt it? having two or 3 car payments, a home, credit cards etc... Its not possible to substain extra high living on a normal sallary....

So right now 2 days after Obama got elected, FORD and GM start their descent, the dow was going down a bit as well, and trust in the american way, was not regained. (harsh I know but looks like whats happenning)
If this means anything it is that Paradigms must be confronted and brand new ways of thinking must be braught up........ And this must be done now before there is nothing left of the empire to change....

Peace,
some canadian dude......

new topics

top topics

join