It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Frederick Valentich? Possibly the scariest UFO case ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
Without sources your post is 100% pointless.

But some of you will just read and believe it anyway.

What souces are you looking for. An alien spaceship to land in your garage and them to get out looking for some milk and sugar? Im pretty the OP has all the proper sources. See above post!!!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Very well documented post and a very good story. This is vaguely like the incident at Kinross in that the pilot and plane just disappeared. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
About the date...1978. I think this date lends credence to the entire story. I was listening to Coast 2 coast last night, and George Noory had a guest on who was a UFO expert...sorry, can't remember his name, but he said that 1978 was a HUGE year for not only UFO sightings, but also alien sightings/contact experiences.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by nikiano]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If you want the scoop on the Valentich investigation, then speak to Paul Norman. He investigated the case from when it broke and has written many articles on it.

You can see him at the Victorian UFO Research Society (VUFORS) meeting nights, where he sometimes presents his accounts of other cases.

Also, the most recent edition of The Ufologist magazine has another article by Paul Norman, co written with Richard Haines (I think). I left the bloody magazine at work, as I was reading it on Friday. On Monday, I'll add to this post. Damn, I should have brought it home with me, as I could type from it now...

The article goes into detail about the location and timing of the witnesses who saw the green light over Valentich's plane.

The authors narrow down a possible area for which the plane may have crashed into and suggest that an intense search effort should be made. However, they acknowledge that ocean currents over 30 years may have moved the wreckage, if the plane did crash.

As a side note, I was nearly seven when this happened and I still remember the news reports on local TV. It was big time. At the next VUFORS meeting night (Monday 1st December), I'll ask if they have a copy of the actual recording between Valentich and MFS. I know they have listened to it, but I'm not sure if it has been released to the public.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
While some feel that it's not important to bring up old cases where no solid proof is to be had, it is important. This is why people like Stanton Friedman says there is a mountain of evidence, and that if all the facts we do have on UFOs was brought to a court, the same way a murder trial was held, there would be no doubt whatsoever that he would be convicted: there is loads of info out there.

Stuff like this is important. The more unexplained stories with witnesses, radar, or anything else that has a mountain of other evidence (like Roswell), the more difficult it will be for those in the know to say "Oh, that's not true..." It will one day reach a point of being absolutely ridiculous... when they say "Oh.. it's nothing.." everyone will just boggle at them and say "You've gotta be kidding me." Imho, if there IS to ever be disclosure, if it's not by aliens landing on the whitehouse lawn, it will be because a preponderance of data that cannot be ignored.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Valentich"'s story is only one of many.

The U.S. has suppresed the disclosure of similar and uncounted contact stories.
Richard Dolan has undertaken an itemization of government suppression of civilian and military accounts of contact, observation, confirmation and retrieval that belies bias and deception.

"UFOs and the National Secutity State" provides an irrefutable chronology of government challenges to common-sense and verifiable observations and contacts that would make Valentich's easier to understand.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by jdub297]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I could recreate the flight.
Might do that actually. My opinion is it was likely a UFO - it is possible he crashed, but that doesn't explain the UFO sightings OR the radio transcript.

Secondly, the plane was never found because he landed it, under the radar so to speak. No sign of a crash was ever found, no one witnessed it crashing.

That would be plausible, but he disappeared over the Ocean. It may of been visible from the coast, but Cape Otway is very sparsely populated.

Perhaps he was smuggling something?

I doubt someone would smuggle something from the mainland to King Island.

*snip*

[edit on 8/11/2008 by C0bzz]

====
Mod Edit:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread287169/pg1]Announcement: Civility & Decorum are Expected

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Very well documented post and a very good story. This is vaguely like the incident at Kinross in that the pilot and plane just disappeared. Thank you for sharing!

This is very much like the Kinross event in many ways but I feel the Valentich event is better documented because of the radio transcripts. The Kinross incident was however viewed on radar and the F-89 was observed to merge with the unidentified bogey and then that was it.

Noone is going to believe this but for one reason or another, I have memories of the Kinross Incident and many things that seem to be the memories of the pilot that disappeared. Plus when I was seven years old, I found the patches of the pilot and radar observer in a jar that my father kept on his dresser. A long story.

Anyways, from my memory (not that anyone has any reason to believe this), the F-89 was captured by a HUGE craft - the pilot was unable to control the aircraft and it was taken inside a big loading bay into the side of the craft. The pilot lost consciousness and only briefly came to while he was being examined inside. He was kept in a different part of the craft from the radar observer and he didn't see Wilson until a day or two later.

They were not allowed to return to earth as the aliens didn't want anything to be revealed about the incident at that time. On a few occasions in my life, it seemed like my parents could remember things about meeting Moncla and Wilson and I remember one time when my mother called me "Gene" while looking intently into my eyes, and then said, "Eugene Moncla, Are you in there?" while she peered intently into my eyes. The incident disturbed me greatly. This happened when I was about fouteen years old.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
How many times have we faked death by 'crashing' ?
I plowed a vickers warwick at boscombe down . Nobody blamed that on the aliens ! Not that I would have complained if they did .

There goes 'shorty' longbottom , damn fine pilot , pity he survived the war only to prang the year after . The nation mourns , NOOOT.

Ready steady freddy ?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What I've been wondering is why there such an absence of feedback from the flight controller? One would think he would instruct the pilot to lower his altitude when he reported that the object was right on top of him.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Merged , I like that . Of course the reality was you just flew in to the hangar bay . Like that SAAF pilot with his spitty .

Hey thats one of the perks , taking your # with you when you check out .

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocco21
What I've been wondering is why there such an absence of feedback from the flight controller? One would think he would instruct the pilot to lower his altitude when he reported that the object was right on top of him.

Exactly . Everyone on the inside knew it was a planned exit .

[edit on 8-11-2008 by reconpilot]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

At the time of this incident it was 'mandatory' to submit a flight plan for any flights exceeding 50nm.
Valentich's flight to KI was obviously much further than this and the ATC bloke handling him would have been giving him heaps well before Cape Otway if he didn't have Valentich's flight plan in front of him.
Can varify the transcript shown above also, exactly as sighted in the D.o.T. file in the weeks following the event.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I dont get it... If wreckage was never found, and the original tapes for the communications were lost or destroyed, how does anyone have a transcript of what was said?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Great post OP.
This has to be the most fascinating of Aussie UFO experiences.

I don't buy that Valerich wanted to disappear.

He was only 20 years old and therefore wouldn't have been high up to his neck in debt or running away from a bad marriage and kids.
The 2 main reasons why people want to "purposely" disappear.

This is only conjecture on my part obviously, but if he was acting weird before his disappearance and had an interest in UFOs then maybe he had been "visited" before the mid air experience?

BTW there were a LOT of UFO sightings back in the 70s in Australia.

I had one myself and I know many people who have admitted to me during conversations over the years, who had similiar sightings.

Thanks for reminding me of this story. It's one of my favourites.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
I could recreate the flight.
Might do that actually. My opinion is it was likely a UFO - it is possible he crashed, but that doesn't explain the UFO sightings OR the radio transcript.

Secondly, the plane was never found because he landed it, under the radar so to speak. No sign of a crash was ever found, no one witnessed it crashing.

That would be plausible, but he disappeared over the Ocean. It may of been visible from the coast, but Cape Otway is very sparsely populated.

Perhaps he was smuggling something?

I doubt someone would smuggle something from the mainland to King Island.

KIRKSTERUK. Can you do me a favour? Keep OUT of the Alien & UFO forum. If you actually bothered to spent 15 seconds reading the thread, then infact, you would find sources. Go away.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by C0bzz]

Do you consider Facebook or a Myspace blog to be credible sources?

Some people believe everything they read. That's quite startling and a reason why no one takes Internet conspiracy theories seriously. The people surrounding them dont look for proof, they want to believe the garbage they read and get upset when someone asks for some credible source.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Could be another human relation returned and since he could see and Identify the lighting display he was whisked off to become the King to some apparently alien Queen in an empty world.

Green is..bad if you like earth in that it indicates fertility and seeding in some cultures. BIG DEAL as long as they didn't kill him due to atmospheric poisoning (which is, by unity universal accord) a crime for which the contacting culture/race is considered and applied as a "ragnarok" crime/punishment, things are fine.

I hope he has many children but doesn't waste the new world's resources on building pyramids or wasteful technology. Long live the empire Valentich!

Consider other disappearances...some parts of humanity can operate various craft that we have and can confirm in such a manner as to snatch a pilot from his plane before it crashes by using those "flying squirrel" base jumpers suits (oxygen mask included) and employing supersonic aircraft. Seems odd but then again most of us aren't in Special Services, Special Forces, Special Warfare, or direct observation posts. I am not saying to join your army...maybe the Legion in France? If not qualified go ahead with life and just sit back and see out of your eyes the television that is reality. (no pill required in regulated matrix so to speak)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by damagedoor
The last thing he said -

"That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and it's not an aircraft."

- is actually a really odd thing to say. Wouldn't you say something like "Holy *snip*, it's a UFO! Argh!" or something? But no: "It's not an aircraft".

It's not necessarily strange.
When I've been in severe danger I've gone icy cool and the world has seemed to slow down while I handle the situation. Shock can have the effect of removing your fear and leaving you extremely focused on the situation.
The pilot might have been someone who switches into cool mode and concentrates on doing what he can.

Training helps in that, but it's mostly something you don't choose. You go cool, or you freeze, or you panic, it just happens.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I remember this case well. I was a young kid in Melbourne. What amazed me is it was reported very seriously. Debunkers came up with conspiracy theories about him doing the old "disappearing act", although all the evidence pointed to some kind of event of the highest strangest. Radar and live recordings, ground witnesses etc. It was sort of hushed up for the next few years as stories of alien abduction started becoming dinner table conversation. People were scared. After 10 years it became "urban myth", even though everyone remembers well what occurred. The investigation came up with nothing.
He was a very young man and had no ties to criminal activity. There evidence really points to a sky abduction. And it scares the hell outta people when they acknowledge this evidence.
Some theory of him flying upside down and mistaking the ufo for a ship whilst suffering from lack of oxygen was proven not possible, sonething to do with the type of cessena and his altitude.
Definately one of the most compelling cases.
What happened to the movie? I heard years ago there was pressure not to make it "based on a real story".

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I thought this case sounded familiar. I work for one of the major newspaper groups here in Australia - a few months ago I searched our database for everything UFO related, and this photo came up. It's not of the event, but evidently from '20 minutes prior' looking out over Cape Otway. An unidentified object was caught in frame, and the photo was later submitted to accompany the story when it was published.

The caption is from the database. I know nothing more about the photo, other than it's related to the main UFO event.

[edit on 8/11/08 by Evasius]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join