It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Frederick Valentich? Possibly the scariest UFO case ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is definitely one of the more intriqueing UFO mysteries and does suggest the possibility that Valentich and his plane were possibly abducted by an alien spacecraft. (Note that I agree that this cannot be proved and is is possible his plane crashed into Bass Strait).

Frederick's father stated that his son had an interest in UFOs and had obtained some inofrmation on UFOs from the Air Force. He also stated it was not in his son's nature to make up stories.

There are multiple accounts that people claim to have met Valentich since his disappearance. One sighting occured in Colorado where a woman saw an apparition of a young man in her bedroom and later saw a photograph of Valentich and stated that it was him. Why she would see him, who knows?

The Valentich disappearance happened on Oct. 21, 1978, which was also the birthday of Lt. Felix Eugene Moncla, Jr., who disappeared with his crewmate Lt. Robert L. Wilson when their F-89 merged with an unidentified bogey over Lake Superior in Novemeber, 1953.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's a hypothesis, tell me what you think.

First, he was actually pretending like there was another aircraft up there with him (as shown by radar).

Secondly, the plane was never found because he landed it, under the radar so to speak. No sign of a crash was ever found, no one witnessed it crashing.

Why? Maybe he didn't die that day.

Perhaps he just wanted to "get away"?
Perhaps he was smuggling something?

Leaves us with witnesses accounts...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here's something of particular interest

The Cessna was equipped with a radio survival beacon, but no signal from it was ever detected.

Now if he was going down, would it not be plausible to say that he would have activated it?

Something to think about

Im also a bit stuck on the 17 seconds of open microphone just after Valentich muttered his last words.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Im also a bit stuck on the 17 seconds of open microphone just after Valentich muttered his last words.

Yes, followed by the mysterious "metal scraping sound". Was Valentich paralysed by fear perhaps?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Yes, followed by the mysterious "metal scraping sound". Was Valentich paralysed by fear perhaps?

Well, the air traffic controller, Steve Robey said that sound could have been caused by the radio transmit button being repeatedly tapped. To me that suggests that someone was in a terribly uncomfortable situation

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well, the air traffic controller, Steve Robey said that sound could have been caused by the radio transmit button being repeatedly tapped. To me that suggests that someone was in a terribly uncomfortable situation

Possibly someone so disorientated that he couldn't tell up from down. Or someone attempting to fake a story. Or somebody who was genuinely having an alien encounter.

To me, these are the options:

1) A genuine alien abduction
2) A hoax, followed by a physical disappearance for some reason
3) A hoax, followed by a suicide into the sea for some reason
4) Disorientation and confusion, followed by a crash into the sea.

The details of this specific case - keeping an open mind - are consistent with all four options. My money would be on 3) or 4), and most likely 4). The plane is giving out, something illuminated is sweeping about 'above' him...

It would be interesting to hear the recording, rather than simply read the transcript.

Also interesting to flick around sites dealing with the case. People who have spotted wreckage in the sea in the area are "alleged" to have done so. People who reported things "saw" cigar-shaped craft.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by damagedoor

Im actually awaiting a u2u from an aircraft expert here on ATS regarding that. I just read elsewhere that another aircraft expert explained that it would be very difficult for anyone, regardless of experience to fly upside down without realising it. Imagine what everything in the plane would be doing, ie, cups or maps flying past your head etc

And another problem I have with the suicide bit is the motive. Why would an aspiring young pilot kill himself without leaving a note, choose this method rather than something easier, fill in a flight plan for it

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's a fair point - but then, aspiring young people kill themselves all the time, and it's probably always mysterious from outside. Who knows?

We do know he was interested in aliens, to the point of expressing fear to his parents that he might be abducted. It's possible he was very disturbed, and something happened to him that he interpreted in a way consistent with the way his mind had begun working. It's also possible he was 'sowing the seeds' in advance, and trying to add meaning or confusion to his suicide. Perhaps there was life insurance that would be nullified. We can't know.

I admit - it's all speculation, and it all seems unlikely from the outside.

But it's very, very important to get the unlikeliness the right way round. The correct question isn't "how likely is it that this man fits these specifics?" Of course, it's very unlikely, if you're looking at one person at random. The correct question is "how likely is it that someone, somewhere may fit these specifics?" It may still be unlikely, but if there is even one such person - in the whole world, in the last fifty years - we would be very likely to end up discussing them here, wouldn't we?

[edit on 7-11-2008 by damagedoor]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I think he probably crashed and they will never find any wreckage like Amelia Earhart. Many of the mysterious plane crashes have been found lately, from the planes of the Bermuda Triangle to the South American plane where the pilot did not recognize anything during the snowstorm (It turned out he was flying into a mountain range and not the airport).
While this case sounds mysterious, there is no doubt a rational explanation. The pilot was not experienced and crashed. Did he actually see a UFO? That may never be known.

How can you be sure that he was not experienced and crashed? How can you be sure that there is a rational explanation?

-rrr

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Screenshot or it never happened.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Great thread!. star & flagged

How long ago did this happen ?

Wonder if Frederick Valentich will ever return home. Maybe he is happy were he is.

Seems a bit odd how an ET ship would even abduct the aircraft, Could of been Zapped with a raygun i suppose.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I saw this one a couple of nights ago on Unsolved Mysteries or the History Channel or something. They interviewed the real people who witnessed this event. I want to say a family who was stopped on the side of the road - and that photographer. There are pictures and some video clips at this website: gnokr.com... ntich/

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What is really weird about the transcript is the last statement. "It is not an aircraft".
Now that phrase could mean 2 things,

1. That he meant it wasn't an aircraft in the traditional sense,. ie airplane, helicopter etc. That is was a UFO.

2. It was actually a living creature of some sort.

The idea that is was a creature, possibly alien, is crazy. And like most animals they like to tease and taunt their prey, before they devour it.

Then again maybe he thought it wasn't an aircraft because began to change shape like a morphing UFO blob.

I can't even imagine what happened because of course no one witness the actual event.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Star and flag for a well documented post.

It's funny you mention the witness who said he saw an object come
out of the water 21 minutes before the event and Valentich's statement
about it not being an aircraft. I read theories that say these UFO's aren't
crafts at all but actual living organisms. I don't know if I believe that but
it is another way of looking at it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Seems like a fascinating story.

On the points you raised at the end, I'd suggest he couldn't have traveled too far from familiar territory in only six minutes, I may be wrong. And he states his altitude a couple of times suggesting he knew where he was and was monitoring his equipment.

On the flight plan, this could have been covered after being retained by whoever was investigating. He's not here to say he did file a flight plan, so if it seems out of character, there's a high chance he did, and it has since been buried to seem more suspicious on his part, or lost because someone wasn't doing their job.

A part of me wonders what happened to him after the radio went dead, and another part of me doesn't want to think about it.
Imagine being the controller that night and having that happen on your shift, surely it would change your life.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagedoor
It makes good, scary reading - transcripts often do - but I don't know how anything can be made of it.

That's exactly right. With nothing left but a story, what can be made of it, especially after all these years? There's nothing more to investigate. Nothing more to add. Maybe he got sucked up into a flying saucer a la "This Island Earth." Maybe he crashed, and we won't know anything more until somebody finds the wreckage of his plane someday. And maybe that won't tell us anything more about it, either.

For some things, you never find an answer.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
That's exactly right. With nothing left but a story, what can be made of it, especially after all these years? There's nothing more to investigate. Nothing more to add. Maybe he got sucked up into a flying saucer a la "This Island Earth." Maybe he crashed, and we won't know anything more until somebody finds the wreckage of his plane someday. And maybe that won't tell us anything more about it, either.

For some things, you never find an answer.

It's true. Interesting story though, for many reasons.

As I said, be good to hear the transmission rather than read it, as the transcript seems very calm. I wonder what his tone of voice was.

The last thing he said -

"That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and it's not an aircraft."

- is actually a really odd thing to say. Wouldn't you say something like "Holy *snip*, it's a UFO! Argh!" or something? But no: "It's not an aircraft".

====
Mod Edit: no profanity, even with stars
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Without sources your post is 100% pointless.

But some of you will just read and believe it anyway.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

good topic, Oz; I seem to recall seeing this case discussed years ago either on unsolved mysteries or possibly was on Sightings, can't recall which one, but it is intriguing.

One of my favorites in this genre was about the Dutch Mantell case.

seeker

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hey if Robert Stack said it then it has to be true!!! No but really i dont understand why the skeptics dont believe this stuff. Its wierd and not the old norm? Who knows. anywho excellent thread and excellent research. S&F from your local number 1 FED hater!!!

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MessOnTheFED!]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join