It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US strike on Afghan wedding.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Are you kidding? Take that hatred elsewhere and try not to have such a simplified view.
Volunteer yourself to fight a cause which aims to better an entire nation and face these life or death situations everyday. Unfortunately these people who oppose us don't care who they harm when we got them in our sights. So they use such tactics as forcing this wedding party to remain near their position when they tried to leave. Internet bravado means nothing when you have not been there in that hot seat.

What do you propose, to let them march all the way to Kabul as cowards behind a child or woman?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
great , once again the evil genocidal US military strikes again on civilians ,murdering and bombing them to pieces ...

makes me wish , that Russia should do something to stop the murderous american monster

may those who were killed by the US military rest in Peace

RIP innocent civilians

[edit on 9-11-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If I had my way about it, there are a few people who have posted in this forum whose asses I'd kick.
From the sound of it, most of you sit around and watch the news, or browse the web, and think you know whats going on in the world. For the most part, none of you have even left the country, let alone been to a war zone. Do half of you even believe what you're saying? One guy posts a positive response, and so do the next four or five; one guy posts a negative response, and the same pattern continues. And I keep reading such big words; seven of my close friends are doing the fighting and the dying oversea, and they get to come home to hear idiots like you...

Is the war right? I don't know, but I'll be damned if any of you do. But I know this. On both sides of a battlefield hard choices are made, and not necessarily for the best. Men under pressure can make bad decisions.
And at the end of the day, the only source to any events in the world you have are the media run by corporations who only want you to watch; they don't care about the actual content of the story, only that people are watching. And with the kind of people I've been seeing around this site lately, I don't see an end to this pattern of misinformation. Next time you see a pretty headline and you want to put in your two cents, think about the people you're affecting. We might be in a country run by bureaucratic idiots, and our media is undoubtably full of it, but try to remember that these stories are about real people with lives of their own, and you have no more right to judge them than they do you.

If this post seems a bit volatile, I apologize. Its been less than twenty four hours since I learned that an old friend of mine who went to Iraq just came back in bad shape. That is to say, he wasn't injured physically, but he'll never leave the battlefield. I've known him since we were sixteen and now I've got to visit an asylum... Bottom line, don't judge the things of which you know nothing.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
great , once again the evil genocidal US military strikes again on civilians ,murdering and bombing them to pieces ...

makes me wish , that Russia should do something to stop the murderous american monster

may those who were killed by the US military rest in Peace

RIP innocent civilians

[edit on 9-11-2008 by sadchild01]

I am curious as to how many accounts you plan to make?

This is war. Collateral damage, look it up.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I do agree with what you are saying, but given the choice, those mates of yours willingly participate in an illegal war (illegal under international law that is, something the UK and USA seem to think they are above). Now if they get injured or killed in such a war, they have the UK/US government to thank. I am very proud to be a Brit, but I am appauled to see our forces clearly misused. How is attacking a third world country, who had nothing to do with 9/11 for our benefit.

Oh wait, the apparently guilty guy, just conveniently happened to be hiding there? One guy was justification for invading the entire country? Why did they not seek joint co-operation with the Afghanis to hunt Osama down?

If anything, we have made our country more dangerous to live in, how many Afghans live in the UK? Now imagine a small minority deciding to seek vengance for all the bad media coming out of Afghanistan. People like your mates are contributing to this bad media by being in the country!

Now back to your post, just because you are in two minds as to wether the war is legit or not, does not mean we do not have the knowlede at hand to make an informed decision. As for pressure in the battlefield, that is no excuse for killing innocent people, if you are battle hardened, you have little exucse to call bad decisions pressure, given you have lived with the pressure for so long you learned to overcome it (if not, you should not be in the armed forces, since you obviously aint got the balls to get over your fear of death, which is where 90% the pressure comes from, also the army is failing you, since they fail to recognise your mental state and provide adequate support).

Most users on here tend to stay away from main stream media, a few who post about colateral damage/terrorists etc maybe still cling to the tv. In the age of precision munitions, spec ops and native level intel operatives, I find it hard to belive everything they claim to be colateral, is anything other than gross misconduct and disregard for human life.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
PAID FOR BEING IN THE WAY WHATS WRONG WITH OUR GOVERNMENT??????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join