It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US strike on Afghan wedding.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

US strike on Afghan wedding.

www.msnbc.msn.com

KAANDAHAR, Afghanistan - A U.S. coalition airstrike and clashes with Taliban militants in southern Afghanistan earlier this week killed 37 civilians and 26 insurgents, according to an Afghan government report released Friday.

The report also accused the Taliban militants of seeking shelter near a wedding party in the Kandahar province's Shah Wali Kot district shortly after ambushing a coalition patrol on Monday, according to the findings compiled by the governor of Kandahar province.

The report said that another 27 civilians were wounded in the strike. It added that the government has already paid $2,000 to families of each victim, and $100 to those who were wounded — a standard practice in these cases.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The majority of the people at the event were children and women. The US officials claim that the fault goes to the talibans who were situated near the event.

The U.S. military said Thursday that civilians "reportedly attempted to leave the area, but the insurgents forced them to remain."

NATO promised to take more care when targeting the talibans but i really see no succes in doing so. Everytime they strike civilians die.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
so we have a wonderful event - the joining of 2 people in holy matrimony and the USA comes along and kills them

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yep i find it disturbing.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No see the Taliban cockroach blood thirsty savages hid in the wedding party.
The article clearly says that now doesn't it?
They were responsible for the murder of those people like always they shelter near baby's like the filthy dogs they are.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's the Taliban who is responsible for any civilian deaths. They are intentionally hiding out with civilians. It's their tactic and their fault when civilians die.

Also, most claims of civilan deaths are false. It's another tactic used by these groups. The first thing you always hear is woman and children died in a attack. It's amazing that no men are ever killed.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This is just sad. I don't even know what to say but it's sad. What is this world coming to? Gulity by association...unbelievable. Somebody should....nevermind, I digress.reply to post by Fatality

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This may outrage some and some may applaud and Im not here to flame or argue but this boils down to same cowardly tactics the Iraqis were using by hiding in mosques however they are now designated as hostile if insurgents decide to use them for shelter so mosques are now on the weapons free list as I like to call it, Its a shame that it has to come to this, seeking shelter in the holyest of sanctums and now in a wedding party on a supposedly happiest day of ones lives but its war and terrible things happen. Now we dont know for sure what the death total actually is and nobody will know that and I do know that all media likes to embellish. Im sick of people blaming the US for everything but its ok to fly freakin planes into buildings and kill three thousand people in two hours and its ok to cut the heads off of american and other coalition soldiers but the minute the US makes a difficult call we become savages, None of knows the real truth why this happened, Maybe there was good intelligence on this wedding and it was just a rouse, maybe it was a cell planning a new attack. We dont know and my heart hurts if innocent people perished just like innocent people on 11 September 2001. Its war and it sucks but terrible things happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Seriously you people are full of crap, then some more. If the Taliban was hideing out in the wedding, where are the Taliban bodies being shown for proof? If the airstrike killed most the wedding party, it would for sure kill most the Taliban if they were hideing out there also?

So basically, the US likes to kill civilians (nothing new here), then to give some form of justification, they claim the Taliban were hideing there, yet recover no bodies nor weapon to prove so. Also, if I was at a wedding and the Taliban hid out, moments later I seen my family ripped to shread by a US jet, would you think I would care if the Taliban would kill me? I would kill as many as I could for sure, yet again, no Taliban bodies at the site, makes you think, everytime these bombing happen and are blamed on the Taliban. Where do we see the Taliban bodies for proof they were there? Sure they report rebels died in fighting, but they fail to mention any rebels who died, did not do so any where near the bombing site.

Stop using the war as a scape goat for the attrocities the US carries out on a daily basis, when they raid Pakistan and blow up schools, how can they blame the Taliban for that? The US has the option for sending special forces to deal with populated areas, heck even send some force recon or rangers. But no they choose to bomb innocent people, just to remove the risk to their own peoples lives, cowadice in its most pure form.

Stop blameing a army who is fighting for the interest of its country, unlike the US and its puppet regime it has installed. Under the Taliban the heroin trade was eliminated in Afghanistan, under the US, it is at the record high in production, in the history of Afghansitan. Then you turn around and call the Taliban the bad guys!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

very true

everyone likes to forget the fact that the taliban banned opium and production had gone down

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Nothing new here. America's favorite past time, bombing brown people. good times, good times. anything to capture the terrorists, even if we kill more people than the terrorists are ever capable of killing, even if terrorism lived on for a thousand years they couldn't come close to killing the amount of people America kills. although you do have to wonder how long terrorism would last if the united states stopped bombing brown people for fun/money. can't imagine a century of non-violence and peace towards the middle east from the U.S. would inspire many disenfranchised middle eastern youth to take up arms against "the great satan".

oh well. guess we'll never know. bomb more brown people! it's the only way to be safe!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
comes to down to lack of understanding and training on the US forces part.

at these weddings, the wedding party fire off AK's into the air, its these muzzle flashes the US FAC or CAS pilots see, and its weapons free,(normally viewed via some infra red device) same thing has happened time and time again in Afghanistan, and Iraq also.

Its just the same as the US check points in IRAQ, it took 2 years and its still not widespread known, that the Hand gesture we all use for STOP!, actually means FORWARD or COME CLOSER in most of iraq.

If persons of power or rank were started to held accountable for them, they would be a rare occurance, but i think we are on the 10th wedding party airstrike in Afghanistan alone, no idea of the total for Iraq.

most people won't remember or won't care to remember, when the normal troops started taking over Afghanistan from the Special forces, those same special forces troopers, started making alot of noise about the fact the normal troops had no friggin idea about any of the local customs, and it was going to start alienating the locals and sending them back to the taliban camp (most worked for the taliban for money), i was told by someone couple of years back, this is one reason that we started to turned a blind eye, and in some cases helped the poppy production back on line, gets all those farmers and friends and everyone else involved with that trade hopefully back on our side.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Sometimes you use a scalpel and other times you use a hammer. In this case a scalpel would have been the better choice. They need actionable intelligence so they can act in a manner to save lives. You kill someones family member and you just inherited most of that families relatives to fight. We thus create more enemies and the cycle continues.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Seriously you people are full of crap, then some more. If the Taliban was hideing out in the wedding, where are the Taliban bodies being shown for proof? If the airstrike killed most the wedding party, it would for sure kill most the Taliban if they were hideing out there also?

So basically, the US likes to kill civilians (nothing new here), then to give some form of justification, they claim the Taliban were hideing there, yet recover no bodies nor weapon to prove so. Also, if I was at a wedding and the Taliban hid out, moments later I seen my family ripped to shread by a US jet, would you think I would care if the Taliban would kill me? I would kill as many as I could for sure, yet again, no Taliban bodies at the site, makes you think, everytime these bombing happen and are blamed on the Taliban. Where do we see the Taliban bodies for proof they were there? Sure they report rebels died in fighting, but they fail to mention any rebels who died, did not do so any where near the bombing site.

Stop using the war as a scape goat for the attrocities the US carries out on a daily basis, when they raid Pakistan and blow up schools, how can they blame the Taliban for that? The US has the option for sending special forces to deal with populated areas, heck even send some force recon or rangers. But no they choose to bomb innocent people, just to remove the risk to their own peoples lives, cowadice in its most pure form.

Stop blameing a army who is fighting for the interest of its country, unlike the US and its puppet regime it has installed. Under the Taliban the heroin trade was eliminated in Afghanistan, under the US, it is at the record high in production, in the history of Afghansitan. Then you turn around and call the Taliban the bad guys!

Are you serious?..The U S likes to kill innocent people?..are you that misinformed....Thats really funny and Im really sorry for you and your ignorance. Have you ever been to Afghanistan?.. Can you identify who is a friend or foe? Well I suggest you make sure the next time an air strike is called in you run out into the mix and weed out the bad guys. War is hell and truly unfortunate incidents happen but until you spend time in an overseas deployment in a hostile and unforgiving country you should understand that things dont always turn out happy. We really dont know the true story on this incident because none of us were there. Dont expect a reply from me because bickering via computer is beneath me and I have no time for uninformed individuals...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Bombing brown people?..What kind of statement is that?..So the U S is the only country guilty of murdering innocent people?..There was this guy named Adolph Hitler and this group called the Nazis and they were truly bad people. There was a guy named Slobodahn Milosevic and a guy named Saddam Hussein who also murdered innocent people just because they were different, I dont see the United States performing war crimes like the above mentioned men.. Name a situation where the United States killed innocent peole for fun? Im so sorry you feel this way...Ethnic Clensing..Look it up and Im sure you wont see anybody from the U S but you will see the three I named..

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

to date - Bush has murded more iraqi`s than Hussein ever did

FULLAJAH

the use of white phosphorus in a widespread and indiscriminant manner
in shake and bake missions is in direct violation of the CCWC and is a crime against humanity.

Interestinggg

there is no proff at all the `taliban` was hiding there - the words `USA` and `Intelligence` don`t work together.

we see the bodies of the women and children murdered but , *gasp* theres never any freedom fighters.

oh thats right - thats cause they wern`t there in the first place and its yet another cover for random US murder.

remember the `head of the afghan taliban` has been killed 6 times allready - the same person.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B

Are you serious?..The U S likes to kill innocent people?..are you that misinformed....Thats really funny and Im really sorry for you and your ignorance. Have you ever been to Afghanistan?.. Can you identify who is a friend or foe? Well I suggest you make sure the next time an air strike is called in you run out into the mix and weed out the bad guys. War is hell and truly unfortunate incidents happen but until you spend time in an overseas deployment in a hostile and unforgiving country you should understand that things dont always turn out happy. We really dont know the true story on this incident because none of us were there. Dont expect a reply from me because bickering via computer is beneath me and I have no time for uninformed individuals...

Yeah, seriously. Why would anyone think that anyone over there is purposely killing innocent people just because they want to. I mean, there are charges of murder, soldier testimonies, oh and videos...

But hey, why would I believe the truth when it makes America look so bad. Instead of fixing the bad things we do, let's all just lie and pretend they do not happen.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
so we have a wonderful event - the joining of 2 people in holy matrimony and the USA comes along and kills them

Dont you find it odd that these weddings always seem to get hit? Why do you think that is? Do you think their is an evil uncle sam sitting behind the scenes, looking for weddings to bomb? Your ire should be focused on the Taliban that use these weddings as human shields.

Some of you people just blow me away with your completely ignorant comments.

reply to post by angel of lightangelo

That first video you posted is insurgents, not civilians. I know the Marine who taped tat footage and have talked to him and his friends at length about this video. The guys they shoot in that car had just shot up a Marine position and were trying to get away. That car was full of weapons.

So please, stop being so naive in falling for this propaganda BS. The US does not go looking to hurt civilians. Its hard to avoid it though when ytour enemy uses them as shields and dresses like them.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Oh, it's the terrorist's fault for hiding in the wedding party, or school, or orphanage..? News flash, we have tanks and armored vehicles. We can surround them and wait until they give up or run out of ammunition.

What crime did these 'taliban' commit that justifies bombing a group of innocent civilians for? I mean really, when there's a gunman shooting up a US school or a shopping mall, do we bomb the whole frigging place to dust? NO... because we CARE about the innocent AMERICAN lives at risk.

When did we decide it's OK to kill 20, 30, 50 innocent people to kill a few 'terrorists' that would just be farmers or goat herders and real wedding guests if we didn't invade their country? I think we decided that's OK when we decided that the Afghan and Iraqi people were sub-human.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

the only ignorant people in this thread are yourself and cmd18.

First off all, yes the US does like to kill innocent people, the countless videos and pictures comeing out of Iraq jails, shows this, as well as the rape, humiliation, torture, grevious harm inflicted, all of which is carried out by US soldiers, clearly getting pleasure out of it (as heard in the laughter and seen in the smiles).

Secondly, your claim that you know the troop who filmed that video, is just another lie, if you know him, post his rank and division (no need for names), oh wait you do not know him so you will probly claim he was 101st airbourne or something you have heard on tv before?

Lastly, your patriotism borders on criminal negligence, just because your brainwashed and filled with so much propeganda, you come on here backing your criminal government and the criminal actions they carry out on a daily basis. You are very pathetic to blame innocent people and war for the attrocities your country carries out willingly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join