It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I collect movie props. What do you collect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hello, I wanted to start this thread because Iam curious if there are any collectors of anything on here. I for one collect movie props, mostly horror (that is why this thread is in here). While my collection isn't huge, it is growing pretty rapidly.

To all you collectors out there, show everone what your collection looks like, and discuss. I know some people are private about their collection, but to everyone that wants to show it off, or discuss their collection, this is the thread to do it. It doesn't matter what you collect, all collectors are welcome to post.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here is one piece in my collection. It is a medieval helmet from Army Of Darkness, I aquired from the london prop store.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My favorite collection is the one of used duct tape fragments proudly displayed in a beautiful cardboard beer box.

Next I am particularly fond of my big pile of wood that I keep out back.

And last but certainly not least is my collection of shoes that I find along the highway. What is the deal....

Do people just take one of their shoes off and throw it out the car window?

All joking aside....I collect musical instruments.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
LMAO!

I have a few collections like that. In particular, my collection of carpet swatches, and owl hair.

Do you know how to play all the instruments you collect? Or do you not really collect instruments?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I collect glass on glass water pipes.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I collect glass on glass water pipes.

Me too. I have about 7.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
After those, mine seem tame.....

I collect antique clocks, crystal figurines, and fairies. The clocks give me hell during the time changes....I have to spend hours to update over 60 small clocks.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have a extensive collection of electric and acoustic guitars, a couple of dobros, 3 saxes. two flutes, two upright bass fiddles, 3 bass guitars, 20 harmonicas, 2 kalimbas, and a sound system for gigs and a band van.

As I'm sure you gathered, I'm a semipro musician, playing in bars and beerjoints, small festivals, both solo and with a couple of bands.

Pretty much blues based southern rockabilly, country and western, Latin jam stuff.

Thanks for askin!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That is awesome. You have alot of instruments. I know a guy that owns alot of equipment, but not that much.

Faries, and clocks is pretty cool too. It is tame, but most hobbies are.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I collect the Objects from the Sci-Fi mini-series "The Lost Room"

It's a great show !! and collcting the Objects is tough....they are all vintage & antique and hard to find....

you can view my collection at : Objects of The Lost Room

and this site explains the show and the Objects: Wikipedia Lost Room Page

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You have a ton of props from that show. I have never heard of it. It does sound pretty interesting though, I will check it out.

All those props must have cost you a fortune. Is that the only show/movie you collect from? How long did it take for you too aquire all those props?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

It took me about 1 1/2 yrs to get all those......cost is about $800 total for all......some I even had to drive 1550 miles to get !

It was a lot of work....but worth it !

this site explains the Objects and the show: Wikipedia Lost Room page

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It sounds awesome. It also sounds like a really good show to collect from, considering it revolves around alot of 'super natural' props. Very cool.

I collect alot of horror props. I have alot of stuff, but I haven't put it up anywhere on the internet yet. I have some really cool props coming in a week or so from Neil Marshalls movie Doomsday.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

When you get it post a pic...I would love to see it !

AG

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, I bought it from the London prop store, and Iam paying for the rest of it today. When it comes in, I will arrange it in a large shadow box, and post a pic of it.

Here is a pic of it from the store, and a pic of Viper from Doomsday. It is her dreads, here face makeup stencils, and the spikes in her hair. They cost me about $150 + shipping from London to the U.S.

I will post another pic when they come in, and Iam done.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
im quite sad really because i collect beanie babies ( hangs my head in shame) cant help getting the little bean filled bags, its my dirty secret
:shk:
i also collect autographs, ive only just started collecting themso havent got many, but my crowning achievement is getting , norman lovett (holly off red dwarf) and natalie dormer ( anne bolyne in the tudors)

yeah im pretty sad before someone else says it

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I used to collect coins,then started on 1st albums of new rock groups from GB,as well as the US started about 63,I must have about 500 in storage,and all in working order

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with collecting beanie babies, I know someone who still collects them too.

I also collect autographs, I have a nice amount. Some that I have include George Romero, Angela Bettis, John Waters, The Saw Producers, and writers, Lori Petty, and a few more.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
cool ive only just started collecting autographs and they are mainly british celebs, like the cast of two pints of lager, neil morrissey, tony blair :shk: the author adrian gilbert and a couple of not so famous comedians, but im getting there

top topics

join