It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalyptic threads: What's the point?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This thing has bothered me for some time already; what is the point of posting apocalyptic doomsday scenario threads - for example all those Planet X and other end-of-the-world and we-are-all-gonna-die threads?

If we are all gonna die, or something else world-wide catastrophy would take place, is better to be prepared? Or is it better to live in fear? In my opinion (look, it says in my opinion!) I think that only point making these type of threads is the fear mongering. So you want your neighbour, or your internet fellas to be aware of the coming apocalypse? Or maybe you want the satisfaction that your (or somebody else's) "doomsday" scenario is possible by people supporting it? It isn't spreading 'information' but fear. And fear is the most sinister force in humanmind and not useful at all.

Look people, how deep in fear you are living! I beg everyone to quit that crap now and let events evolve by their own. We can't do a crap if something big is going to hit us; we just have to adapt on every moment we are living. Peeps, try living in the moment and cast aside your nightmares. You are inflicting people with your fears and making them do crazy things (like abandoning their daily 'normal' life and start expecting some relief from great disaster).

I don't mind warning people with real issues and spreading information that is useful, but spreading information of coming end of the world and death of everyone is nothing but fearmongering and will not benefit anyone but those 'black magicians that are using the fear to feed their persverse twisted imagination.

Or maybe they (those that post apocalyptic threads) want you to be fooled and become spiritual? If you fear that your life is coming to an end, you may want get babtized or convert into any other religion and become a fool.

OK, I have written down what had bothered me about these threads. You don't have to read it, but if you want to, you are most welcome and all replies are appreciated and considered upon.

Everyone, be well and have some courage.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I am serious about survival prepardness, It is a huge hobby of mine, when it comes to sit x topics I love getting into those for the main reason that their entertaining, I do take them serious also with a grain of salt though, But it just entertains and excercises my brain

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
I am serious about survival prepardness, It is a huge hobby of mine, when it comes to sit x topics I love getting into those for the main reason that their entertaining, I do take them serious also with a grain of salt though, But it just entertains and excercises my brain

I can certainly respect the survival prepardness, but how exactly are you going to survive doom's day, such as planet hitting our planet or all the nukes suddenly going off? Also, I can certainly relate on the entertainment factor of these doom's day scenarios that people post here, but I am bit worried about the effect of fear they may cause in some people. Well, I can only hope that people don't 'get converted' by these fearmongers.

Maybe I am incapacitated mentally or something, but I don't regard my life so dear to me that I would waste my time imagining all the possible worst case scenarios; if I am going to die - to illness or as one of the victims of planet Ypsilon - I gonna accept it as my fate. I have no desire of running. Maybe I've done some harm to myself letting go of this absurd fear of something really sinister happening in (or to) world; of course I still have the healthy fear of hot objects that may burn you and insanely riskful situations that may suddenly end my life

Anyways, have fun in preparing yourself against the worst. I wish that you are succesful if you need your skills.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You are right man. the doomsday threads are interesting, but not to be taken seroiusly. i mean they are SERIOUS but whats the point if you are gonna die anyway. go do somethig fun or helpful for now, dont worry about the future. dont try to stop the inevetable (SP?).

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I believe it boils down to being entertained and being curious. Most of us have a semi-veiled fetish about death, and apocalyptic scenarios. I do not take threads on "20xx" terribly seriously either. It is however, a bit like dancing on the edge of a razor blade, a small rush so to speak

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think there is something exciting about being worried or scared, and also something addictive about it. There is also the attention you get from showing evidence for something out of the ordinary. And there is the feeling of knowing that the world is not what it seems.

We all have some of these things in us, otherwise we wouldnt be attracted to conspiracy sites and actually read these threads. If all of us felt completely certain there are no conspiracies, nothing they arent telling us, then why spend time here?

Some conspiracies are more obvious than others, like 9/11 for example. I still dont get how people can look at the story and nod their heads in agreement to it...

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There is nothing anyone can do about other people being afraid ..
People who fear because of something they read ....already have a spirit of fear or it would not affect them ..because we all know that we cannot believe everything we hear feel see or read ......

If we are all gonna die (which we are someday ) ....then what can we do about that ? Nothing ...being afraid will only make it worse while we are waiting to die ....so I suggest keep your eyes watching and your ears hearing ..but live your life everyday as if it was your last ..since it really could be your last (for any of us at any time )because we all do have a day that we will die at least in flesh ... ...... so make it count ....make it good ...do not leave any day on a sour note with anyone (in case it was their last day then you wont have regrets about your last words to them ) ..........let others know you love them dearly ...let God know your sorry for all the wrongs that you have done to yourself to him and to others ...(And if you believe in Jesus who promises forgiveness grace and life eternal ) then I would suggest you ask Jesus to come into your heart to help you change anything that may be making you miserable and fear what is coming in this world ... and in your life while you do have life ..........ask God to look out and protect those you love and go before them and you each and every day .......and make the crooked paths straight ...and keep and protect you from harm and evil and the wickedness of this world ...

Then you will have peace even if today was the end of the world ...or tommorow was or next week or whenever .........

Of course this is just my humble opinion ..

Oh and DO NOT FEAR ....FEAR is what will hurt you the most ...because it is time consuming ...it is non productive .it is a waste of time .. ......and should have no place in your life .......if you want to enjoy the precious gift of life that we have been given for such a short period of time then there is no time for fear ....
Isa 40:7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people [is] grass.

Isa 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

My recomendation is to read the word of God and search for his promises ..(He is good at his word unlike people are) ...it is very inspirational and gives one hope in this messed up world .......

new topics

top topics

join