It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US missiles' hit Pakistan village

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

'US missiles' hit Pakistan village

english.aljazeera.net

"It happened close to the border," a Pakistani military officer said.

"We have reports of 10 dead but it will take time to get more information."

The North Waziristan region is a reputed stronghold of the Taliban and al-Qaeda linked fighters.

Other Pakistani officials told the AFP news agency that up to 14 fighters were killed when the missile strike destroyed an al-Qaeda training camp.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/06/2008 by Truther]

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Another attack, how long will it be before the pakistan military retaliate.. Im sure there getting pissed off with all the intrusions in to there country.. Skating on thin ice..

I wonder with Obama in power, if this sort of thing will get worse or ease off a bit..

I have a feeling his nickname after a year will be O' BOM' A...

english.aljazeera.net

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

Another attack, how long will it be before the pakistan military retaliate.. Im sure there getting pissed off with all the intrusions in to there country.. Skating on thin ice..

I wonder with Obama in power, if this sort of thing will get worse or ease off a bit..

I have a feeling his nickname after a year will be O' BOM' A...

english.aljazeera.net

They won't do anything because their governmnet are the US little whores.

This will go on for a long time...

Strange how they preach justice when they indiscriminately kill suspects (women and children). Oh, but they are 'brown' so it's acceptable I hear people think.

What kind of law and justice is that!?

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is the typical tactic by these Muslim cowards. Hide behind their womens skirts, and then cry foul when their homes are attacked. These terrorists raid another town or province, then run home, and expect no one to retaliate because they are now among their women. They put their own families in danger.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
This is the typical tactic by these Muslim cowards. Hide behind their womens skirts, and then cry foul when their homes are attacked. These terrorists raid another town or province, then run home, and expect no one to retaliate because they are now among their women. They put their own families in danger.

I disagree. I know a few Muslims who could be among the bravest men I've known. I think you need to reconsider the 'Muslim' traits you seem to be espousing as 'typical'. Such generalizations generally come off as ignorant and bigoted.

Respect peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I disagree. I know a few Muslims who could be among the bravest men I've known. I think you need to reconsider the 'Muslim' traits you seem to be espousing as 'typical'. Such generalizations generally come off as ignorant and bigoted.

Respect peace.

I too have had the same experience as yourself. The manners, ettiquites, behaviours, beliefs and goals are truly honorable and great especially when they use it for the betterment of others.

TBH media has done a great job of portraying the complete inverse of what they typically truly are.

I have a lot of respect for the religion and it's followers including Christians and Judaism. But I think Islam's way of life is complete.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AkT0KV3WPVr.Hvo_mjbbHmYBS5Z4

KHAR, Pakistan (AFP) – The death toll from a suicide bombing against government-backed tribal elders fighting Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants in northwest Pakistan has risen to 22, officials said Friday.

A suicide attacker blew himself up on Thursday as the elders met in Batmalai, about 40 kilometres (25 miles) northeast of Khar, the main town in the semi-autonomous Bajaur district bordering Afghanistan.

"Five more people died overnight in different hospitals raising the death toll in the attack to 22," local police official Fazal-i-Rabi told AFP.

news.yahoo.com...

KHAR, Pakistan – Two suicide bombers attacked pro-government tribesmen and security forces Thursday in Pakistan's volatile northwest, killing at least 19 people and wounding dozens, officials said.

The separate attacks came in a region where the Pakistani military has clashed for months with Islamic insurgents allied with Taliban and al-Qaida militants who are involved in attacks on American and NATO troops in neighboring Afghanistan.

U.S. officials have praised Pakistan for getting tougher on militants, but the offensives have escalated extremist bloodshed in the Muslim nation where anti-American sentiment runs deep.

We're helping them kill Taliban and AQ.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry if my statement implied that all Muslims are cowardly, there are many excellent men among the Muslim faith. My remarks are only towards those terrorists who attack another community, and then think they can change clothes and return home without any fear of retribution.

These terrorist who go into other communities and strike without notice, killing innocents regularly in the process, have no right to think that their own families will not be treated in the same manner. Just because you change your clothes, does not change that you are a combatant, and as a combatant, you are always a target, even in your own home, especially when you attack others in their homes or in the market place, or any public place of communal activity. These terrorists believe that they should only be attacked when they are geared for battle, while they should be able to attack any target at any time. This is ludicrous.

These terrorists only bring destruction on their own families. They have no one to blame but themselves for the deaths they bring on their own communities, and anyone who harbors these terrorist invites destruction upon themselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

These terrorist who go into other communities and strike without notice,

Are you talking about the US and their invasion of Muslim countries and indiscrimiate and constant strikes? I'm a bit confused (notice sarcasm).

There seems to be overwhelming evidence that 911 was in inside job. If that is the case then all your theories about who the 'bad' guy is falls to pieces.

One last question how many asian\arab folkes does it take to consider them worthy of sympathy compared with a single white one? Have you checked out the death tolls?
Are you sure you are not just spitting out nonsense that the media want you to believe?

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Jinni]

top topics

join