It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRUFOS -´Police Report UFO Sightings´Organisation.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Gary Heseltine from PRUFOS speaking from the IUFOC in Laughlin, Nevada:

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Multiple UFO witnesses including two Police Officers - report taken from The RAND Corporation Document - "UFOs: What to Do?"

A third report is taken from a paper Prof. McDonald presented at the 12 March 1968 Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute Astronautics Symposium, Montreal.

"At about 5:15 am., PDT, on the morning of July 4, 1967, at least five witnesses (and reportedly others not yet locatable) saw an object of unconventional nature moving over Highway 5 on the edge of Corning, California. Hearing of the event from NICAP, I began searching for the witnesses and eventually telephone-interviewed four. Press accounts from the Corning Daily Observer and Oakland Tribune afforded further corroboration.

"Jay Munger, operator of an all-night bowling alley, was drinking coffee with two police officers, James Overton of the Corning force and Frank Rakes of the Orland force, when Munger suddenly spotted the object out the front windows of his bowling alley. In a moment all three were outside observing what they each described as a dark gray oval or disc-shaped object with a bright light shining upwards on its top and a dimmer light shining downward from the underside. A dark gray or black band encircled the mid-section of the object. When first sighted, it lay almost due west, at a distance that they estimated at a quarter of a mile (later substantiated by independent witnesses viewing it at right angles to the line of sight of the trio at the bowling alley). It was barely moving, and seemed to be only a few hundred feet above terrain. The dawn light illuminated the object, but not so brightly as to obscure the two lights on top and bottom, they stated..

Paul Heideman, of Fremont, California, was driving south on Highway 5 at the time of the above sighting, along with a friend, Robert King. I located Heideman and obtained from him an account of his observation made from a point on the highway north of Corning. He saw the light from the object, and had veered east (a turn not seen from the more restricted viewing point of the bowling-alley parking lot). Heideman said that, when first seen, it lay almost straight down Highway 5, serving to check the estimate of the other observers that the object lay only a few city blocks to their west.

The weather was clear, no haze, no wind, according to the witnesses. Munger's concise comment was "I've never seen anything like it before." He estimated its "diameter" at perhaps 50-100 ft, and its vertical thickness as perhaps 15-20 ft, with some kind of edge (band) perhaps 5-10 ft thick. No sound was ever heard. Overton stated to me that he had no idea what it was, but that "there was no doubt it was a craft of some sort."

U.S. Rand Document (pdf)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Security Police and Town Marshal witness UFOs:

Jan. 21, 1976; Cannon AFB, NM

Sometime before 3:55 a.m. MST. NMCC Memo: The following information was received from the Air Force Operations center at 0555 EST:

"Two UFOs are reported near the flight line at Cannon AFB, New Mexico. Security Police observing them reported the UFOs to be 25 yards in diameter, gold or silver in color with blue light on top, hole in the middle and red light on the bottom. Air Force is checking with radar. Additionally, checking weather inversion data."

Among other UFO researchers who arrived in Clovis were several members of the "UFO Study Group," which has about 40 members, mainly employees of the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratories ­ the facility where the atomic bomb was developed in World War II. Police said scores of sightings were reported between 6 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Friday an hour before the Los Alamos observers arrived. (Las Cruces SUN NEWS, Sunday Morning, Jan. 25, 1976)

Reports of the sightings have increased steadily since the first night. Most of the reports have been of faraway objects, but Town Marshal Willie Ronquillo of Texico said he followed a silent object about 300 yards over his car. Ronquillo said the object, which had green, yellow and blue lights, sped away at a high speed to the north. Lenore Hildebrand of the UFO center in Wisconsin said Jim Epps of Valley Center, Calif., would arrive in Clovis. She said an Air Force officer from Clovis called the center Friday night and told them he "had a very close sighting and was able to witness a type of vehicle that did maneuver and that was unlike any type aircraft he has ever seen."
Las Cruces SUN News

Link

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Police UFO reports from Ohio during the 'UFO wave of October, 1973'.

The Great UFO Wave: October, 1973

Greenfield, Ohio - Two police officers chased separate unidentified objects more than five miles last night. Patrolman Mike Conklin said the one he chased was about "100 feet in diameter and glowed with a bright white light. It had a red area on top of it, as if it was overheated, and made a dull humming sound that increased in frequency as the object increased in speed."

Conklin said he was able to drive his cruiser to within 100-feet of the object. "There were about 20 people out there looking at it at the time I was, so I know I'm not crazy," he added.

Sgt. Hugh Oyer said the object he chased also was white in color with a yellow glow at one end. "I never believed in UFOs until tonight," Oyer said.

"Some guy tried to tell me it was a star, but no star I've ever seen made a humming sound or jumped up and down or was so near the ground."

The Cincinnati Post, page 1 October 17, 1973

Link

Oct. 10, 1973; Near Dayton, OH

8:00 p.m. At least 15 sightings of unidentified flying objects "covered with red, green and blue lights" zooming about at tree-top level, were reported in Southwestern Ohio Wednesday night. The UFOs, sighted in the Dayton-Cincinnati area, were all classified "unofficial" by Wright-Patterson Air Force Base officials. None were detected on radar because they apparently were flying too low. The first sighting was reported shortly after 8 p.m. by a New Lebanon Township officer. "He didn't want to say he saw it, but he said it," Montgomery County Sheriff's deputy Michael Sullivan reported. "The officer said it was oblong and covered with lights. It appeared stationary in the sky about tree top level for several minutes until he tried to shine his cruiser spot light on it," Sullivan said. "It then zoomed toward him and then shot straight up in the air... after he turned out his light... and disappeared." Sullivan said the UFO sightings lasted from a fleeting moment to 12 minutes. "They would be behind the trees and come up and fly away... as if you startled it or something," he said. "No balloon, helicopter or kite can move that fast or has that many lights attached or can go so quickly in a straight-up direction," he said. A spokesman at Wright-Patterson, whose UFO center was discontinued several years ago, said there would be no attempt to investigate the sightings unless there was an "imminent danger." Sullivan said his officers 'certainly can't chase them."

UPI, The Columbus Dispatch, October 11, 1973

THE NICAP CHRONOLOGIES - 1973

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Gotta bump this back up there, seeing as I'm looking into the Disclosure project at the moment.

Came across the website PRUFOS by chance, and found it fascinating. Very pleased to see that at least some police officers are unafraid to report on the things they see both on and off duty.

I like his 'credible quotes' page as well:

Credible Quotes

Love the thread; will be working through it all soon - there's a lot to get through!

Noah.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

Well thanks for the bump Noah -you´re not wrong about there being quite a few credible police UFO incidents out there and you´re also right about some of these officers being pretty darn courageous when submitting their reports - especialy when you consider what's happened to other officers.
Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged, dude thanks for all the work, this is gona be a heck of a hard thread to read with all your links but from what I've read already well worth the effort, thanks again, I've seen PC G Hesseltine on a few docs and he seems to me to be a diligent and honest man.
a rare treble cool conjunction there.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Starred and Flagged, dude thanks for all the work, this is gona be a heck of a hard thread to read with all your links but from what I've read already well worth the effort, thanks again, I've seen PC G Hesseltine on a few docs and he seems to me to be a diligent and honest man.
a rare treble cool conjunction there.

Thepreye, thanks for the reply bud - Gary Heseltine is indeed a persistent chap and the sheer number of credible police reports is quite an eyeopener. There's another thread about Gary below:

British policeman wins UFO investigation award

Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Police Testimony from the Portage County Incident.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
British policemen witness cross shaped UFO:

ITN news broadcast:

Two local policemen in the West Country of England describe the unidentified flying object they witnessed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Police Constable and town residents witness UFO.

Several dozen people including a pilot, county constable Lee Roy Gaitan and business owners, saw a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it. Locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks offered similar descriptions of the object.

Link

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Police officer and residents witness radar confirmed UFOs, Michigan,1994:

1994: United States. On the night of March 8, police in southwestern Michigan were flooded with calls from dozens of witnesses about strange lights and vague objects. Officer Jeff Velthouse was dispatched to the sighting area, where he confirmed the presence of three objects moving in the same direction. These objects were also recorded by a U.S. Weather Service radar. The radar operator commented:

"There were three and sometimes four blips, and they weren't planes. Planes show as pin points on the scope; these were the size of half a thumb nail... They were moving all over the place. I never saw anything like it before, not even during severe weather."

Rockefeller Briefing Document

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Richard D Hall interviews Gary Heseltine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e316a68b9506.jpg[/atsimg]

Gary Heseltine is a detective in the British Transport Police. He has been researching UFOs since he witnessed one when he was aged 15. Hundreds of police officers in the U.K. have reported seeing UFOs, many of them with colleagues and some in broad daylight. As trained eye witnesses police officers have provided a very reliable source of information on UFOs. One slight problem however is that reporting of such incidents is not encouraged by the police force itself. In January 2002 Gary Heseltine launched PRUFOS (Police Reporting of UFO Sightings) database, which is an unoffical national police database of UFO sightings and cases. He also talks about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, which is approaching its 30th anniversary.

link

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Deputy Sheriff and wife witness UFO near Perry Nuclear power plant, Lake Erie:

US Coastguard report - UFOs over Lake Erie

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Gary Heseltine speaking about the history of British Police UFO sightings at Leeds Expo, August 2010:

The History of British Police UFO Sightings

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lots more UFO reports from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police:

Saskatchewan ~ Canada's UFO Hotspot

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Multiple Officers witness strange UFO over Canada:

Police from three counties pursue UFO

HASTINGS, Fla. (AP) - At least 12 policemen in three northeastern Florida counties searched all night for what was described as a multicolored, unidentified flying object (UFO) the size of three football fields.

"We just don't know what it is yet," a spokesman for the Flagler County sheriff's office said. "One of the deputies actually saw it. But then we lost it."

St. Johns County sent up a helicopter with residents from the tiny town of Hastings who said they saw the object flying sideways and landing in a wooded area.

Witnesses said the object flashed rainbow colors and was three storeys high.

Area residents also joined the search on foot in the area near the boundaries of St. Johns, Flagler and Putnam counties.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it knew of no planes that had crashed in the area and could not speculate what the object might be, a spokesman said.

North Bay, Ontario, NUGGET, 28 October 1978, Page 17

link

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I am bumping this as it is a very very important thread.

Karl 12 thank you so much for the amazing work you put into this! I will be kept busy for months reading every link but rest assured I WILL read every one of them.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Hey Annella, thanks for the post (and the bump
) - you're not wrong about police UFO sightings being a very important aspect of UFO testimony and some of the links do contain some very interesting info about specific incidents - the case that has had me recently stumped is the Red Bluff incident from 1960, it involves multiple officer UFO sightings and some very strange reported object descriptions and flight characteristics -here's a NICAP list of California Police witnesses from over the five day period:

State Highway Patrolman: Stanley Scott
Charles A. Carson
Tehama County Sheriff's Office: Deputy Clarence Fry
Deputy Montgomery
Chief Criminal Investigator A.D. Perry
Deputy Bill Gonzalez
Sonoma County Sheriff's Office: Deputy William Baker
Deputy Lou Doolittle
Plumas County Sheriff's Office: Deputy Robert Smith
Roseville, Placer County: Captain Hugh McGuigan
Sergeant James Hill
Mt. Shasta Police: Officers Pete Chinca,
Jack Brown
George Kerr

Police nearly shoot at UFO - Red Bluff Incident, 1960.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wanaque Reservoir Police Chief John Cassazza discussing UFO sighting from 1966

"And the strangest part of it was that there was no noise attached to this object. None whatsoever. It was absolutely silent. A silent light." "What color was this light?" I wanted to know. "It was a bright white light. As I said: just like on a locomotive. It was funnel-shaped. It seemed to come out of some object, like a funnel. In other words, it spread out as if it were focused through a telescope. It was narrow at one end in the sky and spread out into a very wide beam as it approached our upper gate house at the dam."
"In other words," I said, "this wasn't just a flat light? It had a shape."
He nodded. "Just like a funnel." "Sort of like an upside down funnel?" I asked. He nodded
again, this time with vigor. "That's just exactly what it looked like."

link

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join