It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRUFOS -´Police Report UFO Sightings´Organisation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
NICAP Report - Other Police cases, 1947 -1959.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Police - taped testimony:

Police tapes, video, and the testimony of a radar operator suggest something very strange was seen over Ohio in 1994; Holland, Michigan in 1994; and Millstadt, Illinois in 2000. On December 14, 1994 police departments in Trumbull County, Ohio and surrounding areas start getting 911 calls of strange lights in the sky. Police in multiple jurisdictions report seeing strange objects, even chasing them.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Policemen in Texas witness huge UFO on the same evening as the now infamous Exeter UFO incident

September 3, 1965 - Same Night As Exeter, Cops Encounter UFO In Texas

About 11:00 p.m. on the night of Friday September 3, Deputy Sheriff Bob Goode, 50, was driving his patrol car south out of Damon in Texas toward West Columbia on Highway 36.
Suddenly McCoy spotted a bright purple light on the horizon to the southwest which appeared to be about five to six miles distant. At first they thought it might be something in the nearby oil fields, perhaps an oil-drilling rig. But then a blue light, smaller in diameter than the purple light, emerged from it and moved to the right before stopping. Both lights remained in this orientation for a while before beginning to drift upward. This upward floating motion continued until the objects reached an elevation of 5-10 degrees above the horizon.

Goode then studied the lights through a pair of binoculars, but could not make out any additional features. As their curiosity mounted, the officers began to look for back roads that might take them closer to the lights. They stopped again, and this time the lights suddenly swooped toward them, covering the intervening distance in 1-2 seconds, abruptly stopping practically overhead.Their patrol car and the surrounding terrain were brightly illuminated in purple light. They could now see that the purple and blue lights were attached to opposite ends of an enormous object, hovering about 150 feet from them at about a 100-foot altitude.

In his later statement to the Air Force, McCoy described what he saw:

"The bulk of the object was plainly visible at this time and appeared to be triangular shaped with a bright purple light on the left end and the smaller, less bright, blue light on the right end. The bulk of the object appeared to be dark gray in color with no other distinguishing features. It appeared to be about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends. There was no noise or any trail. The bright purple light illuminated the ground directly underneath it and the area in front of it, including the highway and the interior of our patrol car. The tall grass under the object did not appear to be disturbed. There was a bright moon out and it cast a shadow of the object on the ground immediately below it in the grass."

To both men, the object seemed to be "as big as a football field." Goode could feel strong heat emanating from the object onto his left arm, through his shirt-sleeve.

After a few seconds, with the strange object hovering almost directly overhead, they fled the scene and headed toward Damon "as fast as we could go," making speeds of up to 110 miles per hour. McCoy kept watching the object out the rear window of the car. For 10 to 15 seconds, the UFO continued to hover above the pasture. Then it abruptly shot back in the direction from which it had come. "After arriving at approximately its original position," McCoy reported,"it went straight up in the air and disappeared at 25-30 degrees above the horizon."

Back at Damon, the shaken officers calmed themselves, and then decided to go back and investigate again. This time they drove down the Damon-West Columbia road, but saw nothing. Finally they returned to the area where they had first seen the lights, and once again spied the purple light on the horizon, and again saw the smaller blue light emerge with a strange two-step motion and float upward. Fearing another close encounter, they again fled the area.

US Air Force put this case in the "unknown" category.
Reported in The TRUE Report On Flying Saucers,1967 with Major Donald E. Keyhoe as one of the chief investigators)

www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Article examining the credibility and reliability of Police witnesses:

The Police Officer UFO Witness

Why is the police officer considered a special witness to UFOs? Why are police officers important to the investigation of UFOs?

Nowhere else in the UFO phenomenon is more attention given than to that of the UFO witness. The witness lies at the core of the phenomena, if indeed it isn’t the core itself.
In classic UFOlogy the witness is the sole source of data on the topic, providing the raw descriptions of sightings and experiences. Of all the studies and literature on the topic of UFOs, no subject dominates like reports from witnesses. Not all detailed witness reports are considered worthwhile however. More often than not the weight of the report will rest upon the credibility of the witness and the reliability of the witness to observe. Enter the police.

This section provides a review of what makes the officer such a critical observer at the core of UFO phenomenon, an introduction to the police witness/sighting saga, and touches on what progress has been made in providing a system to afford the officer-witness to come forward in order to contribute to the subject. As good a place to start as any, the witness experience provides a practical foundation on which to gradually expand.

1. THE WITNESS PROFILE

It cannot be stressed enough that police rank as amongst the highest of credible and reliable witnesses in the UFO field, in literature being compared to astronauts, pilots, and engineer-scientists. Dr J Allen Hynek, in his 1975 FBI briefing, goes so far as to suggest his belief that police are the best witnesses, when he states:

“Experience definitely shows that the best reports, those with the greatest information content, come from technically trained, professional people, especially law enforcement personnel.”

Bill Birnes, chief editor of UFO Magazine, makes the case explicitly in the television show “UFO Hunters – Cops vs UFOs”, that “Police officers are the most credible witnesses who are trained to observed.”

In terms of rating our witness sources, when we talk of the ‘police witness’ we are profiling. Like law enforcement agencies, UFOlogist have long known the importance of witness profiling, but reports, reviews and catalogues on the subject are difficult to obtain because of the security involved in protecting the witness.

However the casual assertion that police are the best UFO witnesses has become so prevalent that it has almost assumed a sense of cliché amongst the UFO research community. Questions and discussion do arise, and since the police witness is so critical to our inquiry, it seems fitting to elaborate on those two basic assumptions: That the police officer is credible, and that the police officer is a reliable observer.

2. Credibility

The public will admit the obvious authority that comes with the uniform, and also in a court of law. Many have argued that should the UFO debate ever make it to a fair court of law, the issue would have been resolved long ago. There are obviously those who do not agree that authority in itself is enough to consider the officer to be a credible witness.

What comes with the authority however, is a deep requirement for responsibility and accountability. Experienced officers have a lot to loose in coming forth with their amazing stories, or as Hynek calls, “credible people with incredible stories”, in the eye of the public, professionally and in the eyes their peers. We have mentioned earlier the culture of policing in general, and so it is not lightly that the officer makes a report. Outside of formal research, this credibility quickly comes into question. Bill Birnes, in the same UFO Hunters episode, makes the case that, "These are the people whose eyewitness testimony we trust is credible, 'except' when it comes to UFOs, and that's what's so frightening to me."

And yet their stories continue to go on record, and this in itself leads one to consider that something extraordinary is going on. What profound and very real experiences are these officers having?

And it is for this reason more than any other, one might ultimately confess, that the officer does, albeit in general, make a rather credible witness.

3.The Reliable Observer

Does the officer make a good UFO observer? The police officer is definitely a trainer observer, and many police can rightly claim also to be experienced observers, so we are half way there. But does this qualify the officer as the best observer, and more remarkably, a good observer of unusual aerial phenomena? The answer is not straightforward.

We must take into account the experience of the particular officer. For example an officer with many years of night surveillance, maybe near an airport, or perhaps even a previous history in avionics, would certainly make the case for a good UFO observer.

The public has not considered all the avenues, if it has assumed that the officer is not a special observer of unusual aerial phenomena. There is another characteristic of the officer that makes the case for a strong observer. When Hynek was referring to his list of good observers, including law enforcement personnel, the point he was making was that the experienced professional mind was most capable of articulating the observation in detail. And therefore, it is the ability and experience of the officer to reliably report the observation that makes the reliable observer.

There is, further, yet another important aspect that must be considered. If by “reliable observer” we were to interpret that the officer is in a position that is fortunate for the observation of UFO phenomena, then this too clearly suits our nocturnal police patrols, or fits the bill, one might say. It must be acknowledged that the night-shift officer on the beat is certainly at a statistical advantage for witnessing strange nocturnal happenings.
policeufo.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
East Toronto, Ontario - City Of Toronto Police Officer Witnesses A Huge UFO

Date: Fall 2004

Time: Approx: 2:00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: East Toronto.

Shape of objects: Large gold ball glowing no tail.

Full Description of event/sighting: I am a Police officer employed by the City of Toronto Ontario. I have been so employed 29 years.

..I was looking at the heavily overcast skies when something caught my eye. I looked directly overhead and saw a large golden orb. It glowed but had no discernable tail. It was within the clouds but the bottom of the orb was slightly lower and visible. The clouds were low, but I could tell this object was huge. It moved northbound at a high rate of speed causing a wake in the clouds. I could see it was indeed an orb from a distance before it went out of sight. In 4 - 6 seconds it was gone.

After several minutes I texted my radio dispatcher by way of the computer and asked if there were any calls for a meteor or lights in the sky. The dispatcher after several minutes confirmed some calls did come in regarding lights in the sky. I kept my sighting to myself and made no report to my superiors. I fully expected something in the evening news about a meteor in the sky. There were no news reports to my knowledge. Before this incident I had little interest in UFO sightings etc.

ufopolice.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
UFO Rocks Police car:

Even the bravest of people can sometimes be horror-stricken when confronted by something unknown that seems terribly menacing.
So it was with seven members of Brazil's military police force when a mysterious object with two enormous lights hovered over a police car twice, making it shake back and forth each time and causing its engine and radio to quit working.

“We were terrified,” said Sergeant Dione Martins de Sousa, then twenty-nine and commander of the police car. “I was scared because there was no defense against it. I felt helpless."

Sergeant Sousa and three soldiers were in the car, which was parked in an almost deserted section of Belo Horizonte, a city of four million people and capital of the state of Minas Gerais in central Brazil. They and the other three men, who were in another police car a short distance away, were members of the Policia Militar, which is similar in many ways to state police in the United States.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f8c491c48ae.jpg[/atsimg]

"Suddenly I noticed two very bright lights over the car," Souza said in an interview in the Military Police headquarters in Belo Horizonte.
"The UFO came down over us, one hundred to one hundred and fifty meters. It was noiseless and each light was four to six meters across. They looked like an electric arc light.

"I tried to get out of the car but I felt a kind of half-paralyzed sensation. I noticed that the car trembled and shook and started to rock a little, back and forth. I spoke to the soldiers and warned them that we were suffering a sort of surprise attack.

“We tried to run away but the engine wouldn't start and the radio system was completely out of order. We couldn't understand what was happening to us.”

As Sousa and the soldiers – Manoel Braga, Geraldo Correa and João Florentino – tried to figure out what to do, the UFO moved away. As it did, they were able to start the engine and the radio began working again.

“I immediately communicated with the Central Office of Communica­tions and was ordered to try to follow the object. The lights were now in another part of the city.
"Following the orders, we drove to a point where we could see the lights more clearly. It was about one to two kilometers from the first place.

"When we arrived where the lights were, the car stalled again and again the radio went out of order. We felt all those sensations again. The car shook again and we felt we were under the control of the UFO.

"The four of us felt we were really in trouble,” said Souza, who had been a policeman for seven years. “We figured the only way we could get out of there was to release the brakes and let the car roll down the hill, which we did.

"At this time the UFO moved away again and when we last saw the lights, they were very far away. We noticed that they blinked and at the same time the city's lights blinked. We noticed that the whole district was blacked out, and when the radio was working again we were informed that the power and light company had reported a power failure in the area and had no explanation for it.

"The three soldiers were disturbed by this for two to three weeks after it happened. All three had bad dreams related to it. They dreamed that the lights were there again. They had headaches and gastric troubles...
www.mufon.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Multiple Police Officers witness UFO in Nevada:

Thread:

UFOs: The Best Evidence - The Visitors (hosted by George Knapp)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Testimony from USAF Radar controller Michael Smith describing how NORAD told him to lie to Police Officers about the confirmation of several UFOs travelling across Michigan.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Government document describing the timeline of events for the famous Police UFO chase across Illinois, Jan 5th 2000:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03c274c3b18c.jpg[/atsimg]
dbarkertv.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Farmers,townsfolk and Police witness UFO - Officer draws sketch:

Found at 2:23

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Karl, congratulations on another superb thread.

You really are doing a great job of making members on ATS aware that there is a lot more to the UFO phenomenon than many of the so-called sceptics would have you believed.

As you so rightly point out, these are trained professional observers. Kind of hard to dismiss what they might have seen, or poo-poo them as liars, fraudsters, etc... especially when they are brave enough to speak knowing full well that they are possibly putting their reputations and careers on the line by speaking out.

Great job

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
LOL ...

Any POlice officer who has encountered these guys for REAL turned in their badge the next day ....

They really dislike police. I do too.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
..As you so rightly point out, these are trained professional observers. Kind of hard to dismiss what they might have seen, or poo-poo them as liars, fraudsters, etc... especially when they are brave enough to speak knowing full well that they are possibly putting their reputations and careers on the line by speaking out.

Dagar-thanks for the reply,appreciate the kind words -you're certainly right about these police officers being brave enough to speak out.
Hopefully with the creation of websites like Police UFO.com and PRUFOS more and more officers will be encouraged to come foward and report what they see.
That said,it certainly can get a bit ugly for some of them - a good example of witnesses suffering ridicule and media harassment happened to the two officers involved in the Portage County case.

Witnesses Suffer From Encounter

The men who were involved in this incident suffered for it. They were hounded by the media and ridiculed by others. Buchert and Neff stopped talking about the incident to anyone. Panzenella received so many phone calls about the incident that he finally had his phone disconnected. Huston quit the police department and moved to Seattle, Washington, where he became a bus driver, changing his preferred name from Wayne to Harold.

Spaur Life Becomes Total Nightmare

The life of Spaur was ruined. He was hounded even worse than the others. He began to have personal problems that culminated in his arrest for the assault and battery of his wife. He turned in his badge and made a meager living as a painter. His wife divorced him. Spaur said: "If I could change all that I have done in my life, I would change just one thing. And that would be the night we chased that damn thing. That saucer."

hubpages.com...

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oct. 4, 1975; Ramsey, NJ

2:55 a.m. Two police officers, Francis J. Gross and C. Ragazzo were on routine patrol when officer Ragazzo received a radio call from Gross informing him of five "strange looking" lights in the south-west sky. Both officers were able to observe the objects for a period of five minutes. The lights were in a straight line formation and moving very slowly. They appeared to be solid and were reddish in color. The rear sections of the objects were blurred but the rest of the cigar shape was distinctly outlined. The officers watched the objects intently until they disappeared from sight. (Reference: UFO INVESTIGATOR. December 1975, page 1)

www.nicap.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Police Officer corroborates UFO sighting:

1994: United States.

On the night of March 8, police in southwestern Michigan were flooded with calls from dozens of witnesses about strange lights and vague objects. Officer Jeff Velthouse was dispatched to the sighting area, where he confirmed the presence of three objects moving in the same direction. These objects were also recorded by a U.S. Weather Service radar. The radar operator commented:

"There were three and sometimes four blips, and they weren't planes. Planes show as pin points on the scope; these were the size of half a thumb nail... They were moving all over the place. I never saw anything like it before, not even during severe weather."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Invercargill (New Zealand) -January 1910.

Several witnesses among them the vicar, the Mayor, and a policeman
saw a cigar-shaped object hovering at 30 m altitude. A man appeared at a lateral door and was heard shouting some words in an unknown language. The opening closed, and the object accelerated and was lost to sight.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

El Choro, Argentina - June 16th 1968:

Chief of Provincial Police German Rocha and Police Major Niceforo Leon observed a round object with a vivid blue light. It landed,left a strange, powerful odor, and burned grass and shrubs.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Ashland, Nebraska - Dec. 03, 1967:

Police Officer Schirmer observed a bright, aluminum-colored object just above the road and approached within 14 m, when the object rose, emitting a shrill beeping noise and a red-orange beam. Under hypnosis at the University of Colorado, the witness reported that a small human form, about 1.30 m tall, came from under the craft and approached him to communicate a message stating that "they" came from space and would meet him again.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Valencia, Venezuela - Sep. 04, 1967:

Police Officer P. A. Andrade was on duty at City Hall when he heard a humming noise and footsteps in a garage. He met a dwarf, 1m tall, with a big head and bulging, reddish glowing eyes, wearing a silver-colored, metallic-looking cover-all. Andrade pointed his machine gun at the creature, but a voice from a hovering disk said in Spanish that he should not harm the creature. The dwarf then tried to convince Andrade to come to "their world," adding it was "very distant and much larger than the Earth,and with many advantages for Earthlings." When Andrade declined, the creature flew back into the object, which left.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Donnybrook, North Dakota - 1966

A border patrolman saw a bright, shiny disk on its edge, 10 m in diameter,5 m high, floating down the side of a hill, wobbling from side to side 3 m above ground. It reached the valley floor, climbed to about 30 m, and moved across to a small reservoir where it assumed a horizontal position. A dome then became visible on top of the disk. It hovered for one min and seemed about to land less than 80 m away, but tilted back on edge and flew into the clouds at high speed.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Milan, Michigan - Mar. 17, 1966:

A police officer observed an object in the southwest. He thought it was a plane about to crash, although no sound was audible. He tried to
contact the police headquarters, but his radio transmitter did not work properly. The object, which now colored lights spinning at the periphery, and a diameter of 16 m, came within 25 m of the patrol car, following it for 1 km, then flew off toward the north- west. The witness had been a policeman for 10 years,and had never seen anything like that object.

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I always find pre 1947 witness reports particularly interesting, that 1910 New Zealand one definitely so.

I think any sighting that's untainted by the (post 1947) accepted UFO lore, 3ft occupants with large heads etc, has to have that small touch of extra credibility.

It's how I feel anyway, perhaps I'm wrong to think it

Great work on this thread Karl

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Dagar,thanks for the reply -I'd certainly agree with your comments about the pre-1947 reports.

Heres a very interesting Police reports from the year 1790 - it was taken from Robyn Collin's 1974 book ‘Did Spacemen Colonise the Earth’ and includes this unusual depiction:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1a280783fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

Report by Police Inspector - Alencon, France, June 1790.

At 5 am on June 12, some peasants observed an enormous globe which seemed to be surrounded by flames… its great speed, and a whistling sound coming from it, puzzled them. The globe slowed down, made a rocking motion, and then dashed on to the top of a hill, uprooting the vegetation growing on the slope. The heat which emanated from the object was so great that the grass and shrubs caught alight shortly afterwards.”

“The peasants managed to isolate the fire which might have otherwise have spread over the whole area. By evening the globe was still warm, and there occurred an extraordinary – indeed not to say unbelievable – thing.”

“The eyewitnesses of this event were two mayors, a physician, and three other local authorities who confirm my report, not to mention the dozens of peasants who were present.”

“The sphere which was large enough to have contained a carriage, was intact after all this flying about. It had aroused such curiosity that people came running from all directions to see it. Then suddenly, a sort of door opened, and there came out a PERSON, JUST LIKE US, but dressed in a strange manner, IN CLOTHES ADHERING COMPLETELY TO THE BODY, and, seeing this crowd of people, the person murmured something incomprehensible and ran into the wood.”

“The peasants backed away instinctively, in fear, and this saved them for shortly afterwards, the sphere silently exploded, throwing pieces in all directions, which pieces were consumed until reduced to powder. Searches were undertaken to find the MYSTERIOUS MAN, but he seemed to have dissolved in thin air, for up till now not the tiniest trace of him has been discovered… ”

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join