It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy F-18 Crash in Tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I didn't see anything on ATSNN or in a brief search. Did anyone hear any details on a fighter crash yesterday, 3/29/2004, in Eastern Tennessee? This news was given to me when I got back in town today. It tweaks my interest because the area in which it crashed is along the test flight corridor for the F/A-22 and the aircraft that went down flew with another aircraft. I have watched military flights in that area for a long time and never seen FA-18s.

Most of the stories were identical for the first 12 hours. Here's what was in the local news:

SPRING CITY, Tenn. (AP)--A Navy F-18A fighter jet on a training mission crashed Monday, but the pilot ejected and was taken to a hospital with a broken ankle, authorities said.

The one-seat plane, based at the Naval Air Station Atlanta, went down about 11 a.m. and hit some trees about 30 miles north of Chattanooga, the Navy said. No one on the ground was injured.

Brenda Dodson, a witness, said the jet had been ``swerving back and forth'' as it flew with another aircraft.

The crash was the third involving a Navy fighter jet in less than a week. Also Monday, a Navy F-14 fighter jet crashed off the coast of San Diego, but two people were rescued after ejecting safely from the plane, officials said.

An F-18 crashed during takeoff Friday in North Carolina. The pilot suffered minor injuries. The cause was under investigation.

Atlanta Journal - FA-18 Crash

More details:
The Tennessean - FA-18 Crash

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the news.

And why dont you submit it to ATSNN?

Out,
Russian

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi, Russian. Since I have been out of town I was testing the waters to see if I had just missed something or if it reallt was "news." As it seems to be new material I may try and type it up into ATSNN format.

new topics

join