It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Timing Out (I Think)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My friend runs a server and i upload stuff to it alot...but whenever i try to upload summin..even something about 5mb in szie it ALWAYS comes up with "This Document Contains No Data" I found out that that means that it isnt getting a signal from the server or something like that....and that itll stop trying after a certain ammount of time...where can i change this time? is it somewhere in the "about:config" file? Any help at all....Thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
My friend runs a server and i upload stuff to it alot...but whenever i try to upload summin..even something about 5mb in szie it ALWAYS comes up with "This Document Contains No Data" I found out that that means that it isnt getting a signal from the server or something like that....and that itll stop trying after a certain ammount of time...where can i change this time? is it somewhere in the "about:config" file? Any help at all....Thanks.

There is no way to change the time that it'll wait for a signal that I'm aware of. What's actually happening is that the server is sending back an empty packet.

However, you can disable the "This Document Contains No Data" alert by going to your location bar and typing in "about:config" (without the quotes). Then find "browser.xul.error_pages.enabled" and change it to "true" (without the quotes again) by rightclicking it and selecting Modify.

Doing the above will change the error from an alert box to an actual page with a link you can use to try again.

new topics

join