It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS dumping Q400 following accidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

SAS Group has disposed of 12 of its 27 Bombardier Q400 turboprops, and expects to phase out another 10 in the fourth quarter.

In October last year the carrier chose to eliminate the type from its fleet following three landing accidents in quick succession - although it has since opted to acquire an upgraded version for Norwegian regional arm Wideroe.

ouch in 18 months they are offloading 27 aircraft - although public confidence in the type in SAS has collapsed to the point where passengers refuse to fly on the aircraf.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow. All i can say is in my opinion the maintenance crews in SAS seem to have been the ones to cause inadvertently the gear collapses. I don't know what your thoughts are Har as I have heard you take both sides of the debate. I don't think they will have trouble finding the 400's a new home.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the type doesn`t have an amazing record of recent - so do all the airlines that have had accidents in the last few years ALL been shody? or is there something else here;

but 3 crashes in a short time - and the reports of passengers refusing to board the Q400`s put paid to the type in SAS service ; you can`t really operate an aircraft when no one will fly on it can you

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The only accidents I'm aware of is the rash that happened last year around this time of about 5 aircraft of which 2 where proven to be outside issues. Never mind the fact that pilot training or there lack of in one of the SAS cases was an issue in decent rates and the other looks to be 50/50 chance of fault between the SAS maintenance team or Bombardier.

top topics

join