It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘Holocaust’ Removed From British School Curriculum {{ EMAIL HOAX }}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by FewWorldOrder
As nefermore points out with numerous sources, it is nothing more than Propaganda. Anti-muslim fear-mongering designed to foment resentment and hostility.

Are you suggesting the entire ´islam/holocaust denial´ issue is fiction?

Whether the Holcaust did/didn't happen isn't really relevant to the thread, I was referring to the Muslim/Anti-Holocaust bit, where government bodies think Muslims require special treatment, and are actively demanding it too. Apart from a few extremist idiots, and a guy with a hook for a hand, I don't think any other Muslim cares whether it is taught as part of the school curriculum.

Things are usually blown way out of proportion, and my issue is with those who think it's Muslims demanding this stuff. Just Google it, and you'll see the topic of Holocaust-denial is way more problematic with non-muslims rather than one idiot as leader of a nation spouting Anti-Israel crap. If you used that logic then, because of Bush, that would mean that ALL Americans are war-hungry, evil barbarians who get a kick out of murdering defenceless people in a country that they think is probably just off the coast of California.

Personally, I think the Holocaust did happen, but not in the way that the history books tell us.

It did. My father was there with Einsenhower. I have pictures taken at that time. In my father's last days of life, he had a total mental breakdown, with all of it centered on the WWII and the concentration camp he helped, proudly so, to liberate. He recalled the stench of the bodies, and would act out the lifing and carrying of the bodies. It is extremely offensive to me thjat anyone would deny the holocust.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I think the key point is that the articles in question all state that a report came to the conclusion that some GSCE teachers have refrained from using the Holocaust as a subject for their coursework.
They've always had discretion on what topics to cover for coursework.

The key claim of the email seems to be that the subject of the Holocaust was removed from the curriculum. It was not. It is a compulsory topic for ages where history is compulsory.
If a child does not study history to GSCE level then they are still getting teaching on the subject of the Holocaust. This is a good thing.

It's still optional as a topic at GSCE level, as it was before this email.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

new topics

<< 1   >>

join