It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Commercial for "Helmet Heros"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I just saw a commercial for a toy called Helmet Heros. I thought it was a parody at first because I was so shocked at what I was hearing and seeing. The happy bubbly narrator said: "Have you ever imagined being arrested in your own home? Well now you can with helmet heros!" During the narration a little boy is shown chasing his father around the house with a toy helmet on and holding a toy steering wheel....moments later dad is crouched down behind a baby gate "jail".

Lately I've been having the tv on late at night and have never heard this ad before. (It was about 1 am when this aired) I looked the toy up online (it's by Playskool) on the company website and a few others and they give no description such as mentioned in the commercial.

The reason I am posting this is:
1.) I'd like to know if others have seen it or another version
2.)Are other people as creeped out by this as me!!

Al I coud think of was, "get the kids used to seeing their parents being arrested in their own home, heck make it a game! make it a common, fun occurance. I don't know how I woud feel about this commercial if I was an average Jane.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Helmet Heroes Commercial

This commercial?

HA! What kid wouldn't want to "jail" their parents at some point?

Make me eat Broccoli will yah??? Ha to jail with you!

In the playful sense I think they more than likely wanted to show a parent actually playing with their kid rather than sitting on the computer or in front of the Tube saying "go ask your mother/father".

Looked like a crappy toy too...now if it came with a BIKE you could ride that'd be cool...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So guessing from the context of your Original Post you are inferring that its an attempt to indoctrinate Kids into the concept of the locking their father/parents up being normal ?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yeah, that's what I was getting at...the indoctrination of parents being arrested in their home as normal. However now reading justgeneric's post with the brocolli and all, lol, maybe I'm making a bit too much of it. Who knows? Everything starts to blend together in this NWO, conspiracy,etc .

reply to justgeneric: That was the commercial basically, but the one you posted was longer and slightly different verbage.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Miss Sile]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I saw it too. its funny, these things are so obvious the majority of people would never think of nefarious purposes behind it. the conditioning by the global elite is getting to the top of its game, they have really learned what programs work. luckily for everyone else they wont be in power much longer.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm going to market an Xmas toy for adults called

"The Hidden Tunnel Escape Passage for Grown Ups, complete with snitch kids not allowed sign"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I can see how this could be all innocent fun and games. As one poster said what kid wouldn't want to lock up thier parents for all the 'mean' stuff they do to kids: i.e. bed times, not enough allowance, making them eat gross veggies. And it is cute the dad was playing with kid.
OTOH it does seem really creepy to me too. It could be interpreted to be a way to indoctrinate kids to getting used to seeing their parents arrested in their own homes and being ok with it and maybe even arresting and snitching on mom and dad. Scarey! Thank god I dont have lil snitches... i mean kids

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
interesting use of language,

have you ever imagined being arrested in your own home.......... with helmet heroes from play school he's steering the action...highspeed chase in progress... real mike..roger...real sounds....real lights.....everything your little hero needs....set up a road block..for a real adventure...lets bukkum...with helmet heroes race car driving his imagination is racing.....hit the boooosth......wooowho

i have a feeling i'm getting messages out of the script but i'm not sure what the are, it feels like listening to the suggestive language used by those magic guys on TV.

the ad is aimed at adults, but the toy looks crappy and annoying, so no adult is likely to buy it. seems odd. i'm gonna flag this, good find OP, it is creepy.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can agree that there may be some subliminal conditioning happening in marketing for sure. And it is entirely believable that a trend toward children "snitching" on parents and other adults is already happening.

Could be that Playskool picked up on this and is playing it up?

A lot of power has been transferred to children in the past twenty years. When I was a kid it was obvious who ran the house and it sure as heck wasn't me.

Raising my own "snitch" LOL I can tell you that the power they get is met with certain glee. I do recall my daughter in the throes of a teenage insanity and hormone surges (14 is evil for girls) telling me she'd call the cops on me if I smacked her... (me hand raised and reeling from an assault of words I haven't even heard Bikers use)

I can tell you that after I picked up the phone and said "I'll call for you and we'll find out if you're right..." stopped the drama pretty quick.

The point is - Hitler used youth for pretty much the same purpose. Pliable, eager for rewards and power... and above all inexperienced in sorting things out without guidance.

It begs to be asked...who really raises our kids? When we're not around, to filter and explain what they've seen and heard and experienced?

I got rid of my TV BTW when my girl was 7. Been very happy about the decision. She's now 20 and opts to read rather than sit glued to the tube.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All this talk about children grassing their parents to the authorities reminded me of George Orwells book 1984. In this book the children are encouraged to watch and report anything their parents do against " BIG BROTHER ". Our very own flesh and blood becoming "spies" for "the party" and denouncing them to the "thought police", seems to becoming a little too real these days!!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow paranoid..lol. Kids have been playing cop for YEARS!!! Arresting their parents and friends, etc....there is NOTHING to this..hasn't been the last 100 years...just these days people will read into stuff so much they actually scare themselves....its a toy...thats it!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to rcwj75

I realize kids have been playing cops for years. My parents played coyboys and indians. And myself, I STILL play kgb vs. James Bond. When I watched it again with a different frame of mind I laughed, though it still sounded weird to me. You're right; I am propbably paranoid. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a secret agent to torture.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Miss Sile]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
once again i fear i have to say

"get too many paranoid people in one place and everything is a conspiracy"

its a god damn toy. kids don't see what it means. hell even i wouldn't look that far into it. stop watching tv at 1 am

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I totally agree with this one..Its a toy for goodness sakes..when our little guys are running around the house with a cowboy gun belt on and a star on his chest arresting his daddy nobody says a thing about that because they did the same when they where kids..things are just a little more creative now instead of guns and a star they made it more fun with noise and lights..

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Did you see the little bottle of pepper spray on the kids belt??

Play it in slo mo at about 22 seconds into it.

new topics

top topics

join