It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am white, and cannot voice my opinion about Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi,

My name is Rhonda, I'm a Realtor of 13+ yrs. here in Michigan, GR. I don't need to apply anonymous, I'm an outstanding citizen of my community and love children and my job. For the past 3-5 yrs. my business has gone down hill. I have nothing compared to my first years in business. I understand that you, like myself, we can't force people to buy homes, however, the value of a home has depreciated and Jennier Grandholm wants to tax us.. MORE!!! She's never done my job, and never had anything good to do for me and my job. I spend way more than I make these days, just to keep a great impression of a hard working agent. I try to get people financed first, but lately, it comes up that they are using a deceised persons ID. My lender reports it but nothing is done. Wow, in the mean time, I'm a good person, showing homes to someone that can't even buy a home. Democrats want to tax me more? I don't even make near enough to pay any taxes let alone to be taxed at a higher rate. SCREW JENNIFER GRANDHOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhonda the Realtor wants to talk to
Barack, I'd like to know his plan for a white family with a white son who lives at home and we make around $60.000 a yr. and 30, 000 credit card debt thanks to the real estate economy.
Yours Truly,

....AKA RHONDA THE REALTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 7-11-2008 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I hear so much on the news about breaking the racial barrier and I have to wonder how the black community falls for it. There was no law stating a black man couldn't be president on 11-3-08 and no law has been changed on 11-5-08. I heard black kids saying they felt now they could be anything they wanted to be. What changed? White people didn't change. Laws didn't change. Could it be their own attitudes and apathy was the chains holding them back?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
If that makes you uncomfortable then you should work on your inner bigotry!

Uncomfortable?
How?
I'm pointing out that when someone says racism in regards to Obama, everyone assumes they mean his black side.
It's very possible that a black man could be racist towards Obama because he's half white.
If by uncomfortable you mean I'm uncomfortable about a black man being President, then no, I'm not.
I am slightly uncomfortable, however, having a man who we know very little about being President.
There are all these dots and seemingly no way to connect them.
That being said, if he does a good job, then great.
I'm not criticizing him, just saying that at this moment, I have my eyes on him as everyone should.

By the way, you proved my first point when you used the word 'bigotry'.
Apparently I'm not allowed to talk about the origins of our messiah...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley
Wow, really? Already whining? Nothing has changed yet and you people are already crying like a bunch of school girls that did not get picked for the school play. If you are a white American and all you have to worry about is whether or not you are "allowed" to say what you think because of some BS preconcieved notion of nonexsistant racism, then things are pretty damn good at your house buddy. Come back when you have a real problem and try to be a man about it and not whine and cry like a spoiled child that just got her binky taken.

edit to add: I am a white American.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Iblis Smiley]

Racism is Racism, no matter where or whom it emanates from. So do not act like Racism towards a White individual is "nonexistent". Try talking to some Nation of Islam Cult members, and then see how quickly your notion gets tossed out the window. I have seen, although extremely rarely, racism from every corner of society. It exists all over the World, in varying forms, and is a reality of life on this Planet. You sound like a typical "White Guilt" Liberal to be honest, and that is actually more "Racist" in a belittling fashion than anything else.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

If that makes you uncomfortable then you should work on your inner bigotry!

Uncomfortable?
How?
I'm pointing out that when someone says racism in regards to Obama, everyone assumes they mean his black side.
It's very possible that a black man could be racist towards Obama because he's half white.
If by uncomfortable you mean I'm uncomfortable about a black man being President, then no, I'm not.
I am slightly uncomfortable, however, having a man who we know very little about being President.
There are all these dots and seemingly no way to connect them.
That being said, if he does a good job, then great.
I'm not criticizing him, just saying that at this moment, I have my eyes on him as everyone should.

By the way, you proved my first point when you used the word 'bigotry'.
Apparently I'm not allowed to talk about the origins of our messiah...

1st off I didn't vote for Obama (I went for the green party) and have no problem with anyone of any color being critical of him!

Secondly you are NOT the 1st here to point to obama's "half-whiteness" I used your post to piggyback off of to call out those who think that they are scoring some points with that bigoted line of thinking!

If you're not a bigot, then don't worry about it! But it still wouldn't hurt to do a little self inventory just to be on the safe side!

Peace!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"I am white, and cannot voice my opinion about Obama " - By referring to race and feeling the need to tell us that you're white, like that changes anything, you are an indeed racist, in this case. I'm not saying you're a racist in everything you do, but this is the exact definition of racism, and the exact recipe for separatism.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I am white and I've had no such problems voicing my opinion about Obama. And I have said positive and critical things about him... and will continue to do so.

Perhaps it was the nature of your comments.

Do not judge the man because of any of his followers judge him by his character and deeds.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
He hasn't even been inaugurated yet - in other words, his presidency hasn't begun, and so there's little room to criticize him for anything.

As soon as something huge, like a SHTF scenario happens, like invading Pakistan or something, he'll be wide open to criticism just as Bush has been.

yeah why criticize the president we've had in office for the last 8 years, when you can criticize the one that is weeks away from even being sworn in. i wonder if i can have FOX NEWS removed from my cable package, it gives the other mindless T.V. shows a bad image.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Let's get off this "Obama is half white" thing! In america being so-called "half white" has always meant that you're black!

I will agree that in the past, being half or even "part" black made you black. Period. Historically, this was so.

However, this is not the past. It is the present. America has changed.

One thing I took away from the endless analysis of the polls and who voted for Obama is that white America did not use race as its standard. If you look at the crowds for Obama, you see in many cities a sea of white faces.

Women voters, disappointed at not having their female candidate, Hillary, given the Democratic nomination, did NOT as was hoped for by the Republican party, vote with their genitalia and support Sarah Palin.

www.usnews.com...

Overall, 53 percent of the national electorate this year was female, according to exit poll data. Women overall voted 56 to 43 percent for Obama; men voted 49 to 48 percent for him.

Some of these women were like my neighbor. 82 years old, she has seen the worst of sexism in this country. She has been forced out of jobs for being married, she has campaigned tirelessly for women rights. She was born just a few short years after women gained the right to vote in this country, (which black men had won many years before I might add.) She overlooked her disappointment at women having to wait, yet again, to be served last at the table and not only voted for Obama, but knocked on doors, and served as a ballot judge, and worked a 12 hour day at 82 on election day to make sure the election was fair to Obama and Democrats as a whole.

She knows the odds of her ever seeing a woman President virtually disappeared with his nomination. She did not let this stop her from doing what she felt was best for her country, working for the best man in the race.

America has changed. Many of us born AFTER the social revolution of the 60's are not racist now, and in fact, we have never been racist. Same with many men born after the 60's, they are not now, nor have they ever been sexist. I realize that there are many born before the 60's still alive, and for them the pain of the past is still palpable. However, just like with technology, you need to keep up. It is your responsibility to move out of the past into the future with us, not ours to continually revisit the past with you.

I think racism and even sexism are not completely dead. There are now and always will be those who refuse to let it go. Both black and white and everything in between. However the majority of Americans are past it. It is being kept alive not only by the older generation who were invested in those beliefs, but in the younger generation who have NOT suffered the indignity of being sent to the back of buses and being refused accommodation in hotel rooms, or being fired for getting married, by those who cannot let go of their historical victimization and move forward.

America has spoken. This is NOT the America of the past, whether people want to accept that or not, and it has been building in this direction for a long time, all of my natural life, it is not a sudden change. It is time to let go of the "blanket" of victimization, as comforting as it is to have that role, and that excuse for failure, and take responsibility for your own destiny. It is also time for some to let go of their own racism towards whites that seems to make them feel entitled to judge all white people on the actions of some whites in the past. My experience of this election has been that most of the racist talk has not been coming from whites, but blacks. They are the ones who insist on labeling the American president elect the "black" President, when for most of us, he is just Mr. President. He is the leader not of black America, but ALL Americans.

Come join us in 2008. It is a lot nicer here than the past, not only for blacks, but for everyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Let's get off this "Obama is half white" thing! In america being so-called "half white" has always meant that you're black!

I will agree that in the past, being half or even "part" black made you black. Period. Historically, this was so.

However, this is not the past. It is the present. America has changed.

One thing I took away from the endless analysis of the polls and who voted for Obama is that white America did not use race as its standard. If you look at the crowds for Obama, you see in many cities a sea of white faces.

Women voters, disappointed at not having their female candidate, Hillary, given the Democratic nomination, did NOT as was hoped for by the Republican party, vote with their genitalia and support Sarah Palin.

www.usnews.com...

Overall, 53 percent of the national electorate this year was female, according to exit poll data. Women overall voted 56 to 43 percent for Obama; men voted 49 to 48 percent for him.

Some of these women were like my neighbor. 82 years old, she has seen the worst of sexism in this country. She has been forced out of jobs for being married, she has campaigned tirelessly for women rights. She was born just a few short years after women gained the right to vote in this country, (which black men had won many years before I might add.) She overlooked her disappointment at women having to wait, yet again, to be served last at the table and not only voted for Obama, but knocked on doors, and served as a ballot judge, and worked a 12 hour day at 82 on election day to make sure the election was fair to Obama and Democrats as a whole.

She knows the odds of her ever seeing a woman President virtually disappeared with his nomination. She did not let this stop her from doing what she felt was best for her country, working for the best man in the race.

America has changed. Many of us born AFTER the social revolution of the 60's are not racist now, and in fact, we have never been racist. Same with many men born after the 60's, they are not now, nor have they ever been sexist. I realize that there are many born before the 60's still alive, and for them the pain of the past is still palpable. However, just like with technology, you need to keep up. It is your responsibility to move out of the past into the future with us, not ours to continually revisit the past with you.

I think racism and even sexism are not completely dead. There are now and always will be those who refuse to let it go. Both black and white and everything in between. However the majority of Americans are past it. It is being kept alive not only by the older generation who were invested in those beliefs, but in the younger generation who have NOT suffered the indignity of being sent to the back of buses and being refused accommodation in hotel rooms, or being fired for getting married, by those who cannot let go of their historical victimization and move forward.

America has spoken. This is NOT the America of the past, whether people want to accept that or not, and it has been building in this direction for a long time, all of my natural life, it is not a sudden change. It is time to let go of the "blanket" of victimization, as comforting as it is to have that role, and that excuse for failure, and take responsibility for your own destiny. It is also time for some to let go of their own racism towards whites that seems to make them feel entitled to judge all white people on the actions of some whites in the past. My experience of this election has been that most of the racist talk has not been coming from whites, but blacks. They are the ones who insist on labeling the American president elect the "black" President, when for most of us, he is just Mr. President. He is the leader not of black America, but ALL Americans.

Come join us in 2008. It is a lot nicer here than the past, not only for blacks, but for everyone.

Where to start...

America set the standard that one drop of black blood makes you black! It's called the one drop rule! Google it and learn!

Half black/ half white people in america are black people! End of story!

2nd) You have zero evidence that blacks voted for obama in such high %'s because he was black! Your assumption is racist!

3rd) White racism is on the rise! KKK and other white racist group membership is climbing in 2008! Go check the governments own statistics! Google it!

Come join us in 2008, where even with a black president, white supremacy grows stronger!

Peace!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think judging someone by their skin colour,other than the content of their character is wrong,and offensive,the media constantly slip on this issue,the colour of a man/womans skin is absolutely irrelevant,we are all unique individuals and should be viewed as so,the sooner we realized this ,the better we can get back to the family that we are.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

America set the standard that one drop of black blood makes you black! It's called the one drop rule! Google it and learn!

I am willing to bet that I know more about the history of oppression in this country than you do. Why? Because I did not stop at the oppression of my OWN kind, I looked at the oppression of ALL types of people.

2nd) You have zero evidence that blacks voted for obama in such high %'s because he was black! Your assumption is racist!

Since I did not say that blacks voted in such high numbers for Obama because of his race, your assumption displays an unwillingness to read without bias.

Black voters traditionally vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Regardless of the candidate. My point was that there is no evidence in the polls that show that women used sex as an excuse to not to Vote for Obama, nor is there evidence that white males used race as an excuse not to vote for Obama. White males voted in higher percentage for Obama than for Kerry in 2004.

3rd) White racism is on the rise! KKK and other white racist group membership is climbing in 2008! Go check the governments own statistics! Google it!

Come join us in 2008, where even with a black president, white supremacy grows stronger!

Peace!

The interesting thing about numbers is that you have to put them in context, if you dont you can draw some erroneous conclusions.

www.usatoday.com...

Levin estimates fewer than 50,000 people are members of white supremacist groups, but he says their influence is growing with a more sophisticated approach.

From 2006 to 2007, the number of such groups rose by 5% to 888, says the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks them through news reports and other sources. The number is up 48% since 2000.

50,000 people in a country of 305603000 is a very small percentage. Do the math.

What is the increase in membership in groups that support discrimination or racist attitudes towards whites?

Being black does not give you a monopoly on being discriminated against.

When I applied for my first job in construction I was told to my face, "We have never had a woman and we never will."

However in America we have laws. I used those laws to open that door and walk through. I was isolated, insulted, given the crappiest jobs, teased, ignored, passed over for promotion, and they did everything in their power to break my will and run me off. I didnt run. I worked harder, ate my lunch alone if need be, and performed better than any of my co-workers at my level consistently until they could not justify treating me that way any more. I also fought them on it every step of the way. When I was passed over I went in and fought. When I was harassed, I fought back. Not always by complaining up the chain, I didnt want to be seen as calling the big dogs in to fight my battles, I fought them myself. It was a rough couple years till I won. But I did win. One of my harshest critics eventually told me he hoped his daughter grew up to be just like me. Some of those guys today are my oldest friends. I didnt succumb to their sexism nor did I let it change me for the worst. When they were against me I fought them, and when they had a change of heart, I accepted it.

And racism? I grew up in Hawaii. There is racism in Hawaii too, but against whites more than any other group. I had someone or several someones (as jumping in groups was a big thing where I am from,) perpetrate physical violence against me on nearly a weekly basis. The last day of school in Hawaii is called "Kill Haole Day" and in my little town there werent many of us. I had things thrown at me, people spit at me, hit me, threatened to kill me, called me names that for me carry the same emotional charge as the n-word, so I know about racial violence and discrimination.

en.wikipedia.org...

I also was raised in foster care. And the people who loved me, and took care of me were the same ethnicity as the people who hated me. I learned that you cannot yourself discriminate based on race just because some discriminate against you for that reason. My foster parents just told me to fight back. I did. I understand racism. I understand sexism. What I also understand is that there is a real danger that if you allow hate to make you a hater, you become the very thing you despise.

I also understand that despite my experiences, personal ones, not historical events that happened to someone else, this is a great country. And people, most people, are not evil. Even when they act in ways that are or seem evil, they usually do so for reasons that are very human, and if you get to know most people you will find them to be more like you than not. Even in Hawaii, even in my little rural town, it has gotten better.

This doesnt mean you shouldnt fight those who ARE discriminating towards you, what it means is that you should not judge ALL people of one type based on your past, or a historical past. You need to fight the people who are forcing you to fight, and you need to look with a clear eye at who those individual people are. I would not have the family I have, the friends I have, and the life I have if I had let anything that happened to me make me paint people with a broad brush.

People do change. Countries do change. Attitudes and prejudices do change. You have to make sure you are not the one keeping the old evils alive.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I am willing to bet that I know more about the history of oppression in this country than you do. Why? Because I did not stop at the oppression of my OWN kind, I looked at the oppression of ALL types of people.

Since I did not say that blacks voted in such high numbers for Obama because of his race, your assumption displays an unwillingness to read without bias.

Black voters traditionally vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Regardless of the candidate. My point was that there is no evidence in the polls that show that women used sex as an excuse to not to Vote for Obama, nor is there evidence that white males used race as an excuse not to vote for Obama. White males voted in higher percentage for Obama than for Kerry in 2004.

Peace!

The interesting thing about numbers is that you have to put them in context, if you dont you can draw some erroneous conclusions.

www.usatoday.com...

Levin estimates fewer than 50,000 people are members of white supremacist groups, but he says their influence is growing with a more sophisticated approach.

From 2006 to 2007, the number of such groups rose by 5% to 888, says the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks them through news reports and other sources. The number is up 48% since 2000.

50,000 people in a country of 305603000 is a very small percentage. Do the math.

What is the increase in membership in groups that support discrimination or racist attitudes towards whites?

Being black does not give you a monopoly on being discriminated against.

When I applied for my first job in construction I was told to my face, "We have never had a woman and we never will."

However in America we have laws. I used those laws to open that door and walk through. I was isolated, insulted, given the crappiest jobs, teased, ignored, passed over for promotion, and they did everything in their power to break my will and run me off. I didnt run. I worked harder, ate my lunch alone if need be, and performed better than any of my co-workers at my level consistently until they could not justify treating me that way any more. I also fought them on it every step of the way. When I was passed over I went in and fought. When I was harassed, I fought back. Not always by complaining up the chain, I didnt want to be seen as calling the big dogs in to fight my battles, I fought them myself. It was a rough couple years till I won. But I did win. One of my harshest critics eventually told me he hoped his daughter grew up to be just like me. Some of those guys today are my oldest friends. I didnt succumb to their sexism nor did I let it change me for the worst. When they were against me I fought them, and when they had a change of heart, I accepted it.

And racism? I grew up in Hawaii. There is racism in Hawaii too, but against whites more than any other group. I had someone or several someones (as jumping in groups was a big thing where I am from,) perpetrate physical violence against me on nearly a weekly basis. The last day of school in Hawaii is called "Kill Haole Day" and in my little town there werent many of us. I had things thrown at me, people spit at me, hit me, threatened to kill me, called me names that for me carry the same emotional charge as the n-word, so I know about racial violence and discrimination.

en.wikipedia.org...

I also was raised in foster care. And the people who loved me, and took care of me were the same ethnicity as the people who hated me. I learned that you cannot yourself discriminate based on race just because some discriminate against you for that reason. My foster parents just told me to fight back. I did. I understand racism. I understand sexism. What I also understand is that there is a real danger that if you allow hate to make you a hater, you become the very thing you despise.

I also understand that despite my experiences, personal ones, not historical events that happened to someone else, this is a great country. And people, most people, are not evil. Even when they act in ways that are or seem evil, they usually do so for reasons that are very human, and if you get to know most people you will find them to be more like you than not. Even in Hawaii, even in my little rural town, it has gotten better.

This doesnt mean you shouldnt fight those who ARE discriminating towards you, what it means is that you should not judge ALL people of one type based on your past, or a historical past. You need to fight the people who are forcing you to fight, and you need to look with a clear eye at who those individual people are. I would not have the family I have, the friends I have, and the life I have if I had let anything that happened to me make me paint people with a broad brush.

People do change. Countries do change. Attitudes and prejudices do change. You have to make sure you are not the one keeping the old evils alive.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

Well at least you're on the same sheet of music now, but you're hitting all the wrong notes!

The numbers may not be majority numbers, but hate group members are the MOST extreme of racists!

What about the more mainstream racists? (i.e. Your racist assumption that blacks voted for obama because he's black!)

***You went into how women didn't vote for their genetils for a reason, right? You were infering that blacks voted on their organs! (Skin is human beings biggest organ!) That was racist!***

As a woman who has been discriminated do you still fight for women or did/do you only fight when it's in your own personal intrest?

With Obama as president black people only have something like 1.7% of elected officials!

Can you agree that blacks have basically ZERO political power?

There is a fight for freedom and justice going on and we can't fall for the america has changed nonsense!

Peace!

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Grand Puba]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, maybe you should wait until he is President and has actually done something. Right now everything is speculation and every neo-con is coming out of the woodwork and damning everything just for the hell of it. I'll wait until after January 20 before I start deciding whether he will be a good President or not. Stop listening to Alex Jones, he is just fear mongering to pay the bills.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The numbers may not be majority numbers, but hate group members are the MOST extreme of racists!

Which goes equally for all extremists, religious, ethnic, etc. It isnt exclusive to whites, extremism exists in every "group."

What about the more mainstream racists? (i.e. Your racist assumption that blacks voted for obama because he's black!)

***You went into how women didn't vote for their genetils for a reason, right? You were infering that blacks voted on their organs! (Skin is human beings biggest organ!) That was racist!***

No, it wasnt. You choose to see it from a racist point of view because YOU are racist.

As a woman who has been discriminated do you still fight for women or did/do you only fight when it's in your own personal intrest?

I speak out against injustice whenever and wherever I see it. My personal belief is that when it lands on my doorstep, (enters my awareness via whatever means) it becomes my responsibility. I know I alone cannot change the world. And I dont try. What I do try to change is my little corner of it, and that does not mean I only oppose injustice that affects me personally. If I see it happening to someone else, be it an adult, child, animal, whatever, I consider it my duty to do what I can, even if it is only speak against it. I am not prejudiced in whom I fight for. I even stood up for a group of young white men in an environmental philosophy class that were being attacked by ethnic minorities and feminists for the acts of the "evil white man" whom they apparently represented. These were thoughtful compassionate young men who were guiltless of any of these historical wrongs and they were unable to speak for themselves in that environment without being attacked. I didnt care that I had had some issue with sexism in my past. THEY were blameless and in this instance, white men or no, they were being victimized by both racism and sexism.

With Obama as president black people only have something like 1.7% of elected officials!

Can you agree that blacks have basically ZERO political power?

What percentage of representation do women have? Native Americans? Asian Americans? Or do you only care about the group near and dear to your heart?

There is a fight for freedom and justice going on and we can't fall for the america has changed nonsense!

What we also cannot fall for is racism and ethnic hatred disguised as "a fight for freedom and justice."

If your "fight for justice and freedom" is exclusive, if it only benefits you, it is no different than racism you are pretending you are against. I say pretending because in truth, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Uhhhh…that is extremely unlikely in the U.S. Here the “one drop” rule applies, which is why Obama is an “African American” with a white mother. A lot of blacks in the U.S. have some white blood, and if you look at the facial features of many top black professionals (Collin Powell, Maynard Jackson, etc…) it is obvious from their skin and facial features that they have a LOT of white blood. Sheesh even Obama’s famous Black Liberation minister, Reverend Wright has obviously mixed blood.

I even stood up for a group of young white men in an environmental philosophy class that were being attacked by ethnic minorities and feminists for the acts of the "evil white man" whom they apparently represented.

Yeah that is becoming an increasingly big problem. White guys are being bashed far to much and well…they don’t need to become anymore effeminate or apologetic, so I do hope the trend stops SOON! Especially from the feminists, every culture has been hard on females, many cultures still do treat their females pretty badly. They need to give white guys a break or they will become totally immasculated.

That agenda might serve the interests of some, but it surely does not serve MY interests!

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You just voiced your opinion, and I'm not judging you.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

I had posted once previously but I had to add - you do see the irony of posting this opinion thread about not being able to voice your opinion, yes? Again, I simply ask, who/what/ is stopping you?

ColoradoJens

Trust me when I say nothing is stopping me, and I do continue to always voice my opinion when I feel like it. People are even calling him the "Messiah" as if he's going to somehow save the world. And I agree with a lot of people about letting him get in office for awhile etc. But still, it's just weird to immeidately have to deal with the race card when talking about him as a "politician".

I'll try to respond to all the other posts soon as I just got back today.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Im white and I can.

I did not vote for Obama. I voted the constitution party. Regardless, Obama won. I gave the ultimate respect to a misleading President 5 years ago by joining the military. Because of those misleading words I would not give it this President if asked unless it was an imminent threat.But I can guarantee you he has my respect. A whole lot of it at that

Until he does something I disagree with morally he will continue to have that respect.

I suggest the haters do the same. And if or when obama ever asks you to join the military for some reason i suggest you heavily, heavily think about it, unless there is some iminent threat to our sovereignty.

No one, and I mean no one should judge the man before he has acted.

I don't care who you voted for, he is your President. You don't like it, get the hell out of town!

If and when he does something wrong, you can then come back and say "I told you so" or "impeach him!"

Until then, you have the obligation to give your respect. Feel free to disagree with policy if you feel the need. In fact that is also your duty as a citizen.

But for Godsake stop with the partison B.S.

because of this election I will never and I mean never vote Democrat or Republican ever. Even if it is Jesus himself.

The different threads that praise the man like a damn messiah and the ones that tear him apart for being "communist" or "socialist" or too "liberal" is so damn disgusting it makes me sick.

Can people have no reeason anymore? Can we not at least wait to judge?

edit to add:

my post is not directed at the op. he has a very good point. in fact star for you!

but the post is directed at all haters who cant take a step back. just please, take a step back.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

I feel for you.

You mean, the nice citizens of San Fransico, and now mad at your, because you no longer agree with them???

This has nothing to do with Obama, but only with the Goose-stepers that follow him.

We are going to see more of this then ever.

Intimidation of free speech.
Alination if you do not conform

If your not a voting ObamaCrat, then you might be in trouble...

Did you see the Gay Facists going crazy the last couple days in California.

The only ones bringing up Race are the Obama supports.

Race, was one of the MAIN pillars of the Obama platform. This is not an argueable point.

Intimidation is going to become a BIG political entity in America. Its been happening this election cycle, and its only increasing.

Places like San Fransicko are the center of this, and where we will see the biggest, and first signs of this new evil.

Agreed, we see it starting here first.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join