It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am white, and cannot voice my opinion about Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I agree, but don't let it get to you. I think this will all perpetuate more racism. There will always be some whites and blacks who do not see eye to eye. Blacks in this country feel that whites "owe" them something. I say this country is European based from the start and all who don't like that should go back to Africa, since they want to be called "African-American". What is that anyway? It is just so they won't have to be called "black"? Sorry, but a spade is a spade. I am white and am proud of my color- or lack thereof.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

I bit my neighbor's head off not because he criticized Obama... but because he started in with stuff like I am sure the terrorists are celebrating and crap like that. He tried to claim that it was a joke and I replied that there was nothing funny about it.

Being critical of the man is no sin and if anyone gives you grief because of it they are in the wrong...

... but this campaign is over and he will be... not a liberal or conservative president, he will be our president and until he proofs himself or throughly screws it up he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Mind you if some people gave you grief it was not Obama... it was some knucklehead.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I live in Albany Ga area I have not seen such a thing like you are describing yet.

Please tell me were you seen the kind of behavior you are talking about.

People here are very happy and those that are unhappy have not problem voicing their disappointment.

And as for comments between blacks and White they have been around since I have been a resident of GA for 12 years.

BTW I used to work in the school system and logo T-shirts are forbidden at least in Dougherty county where dress code is mandatory

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

Just want to say that I'm a bit weary of people saying that they "can't" or "aren't allowed to" or "cannot" voice their opinion about Obama. No one is stopping you. What you want is to have people either agree with you or just shut up THEIR opinions. Sounds to me like they "aren't allowed to" voice THEIR opinions about YOU. And I don't just mean the OP. There are several threads like this complaining about what people are saying when they criticize Obama.

People have opinions. If you share yours, it's VERY LIKELY that other people are going to share theirs. You're BOTH allowed to say what you think. That's called Free Speech! You can't just shut someone up. What do you want?

People criticize other people (especially presidents, politicians, celebrities) ALL THE TIME! Every time I criticized Bush, someone had something to say about it. They came to his defense or attacked me as a "liberal" or whatever.

Buck up, man. It's called free discussion. Some people are going to assume racist opinions on your part. When people criticize Oprah, the same thing happens. It's just where we are now.

It sounds like your people at work were joking. Let them joke! It's kind of funny. Joke along with them. But if you REALLY think they should stop expressing their opinion, how would you feel if they thought you should stop expressing yours???

Just a thought.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley
I am so glad more white people started whining and complaining. Black people have had it too good in the US for too long with their right to not get lynched for looking at white women and being freed from slavery. Now they are going to block grocery store aisles. Poor us white folk. Black people will never understand how bad they have made life for us with these , 1 minute waits instead of saying excuse me or going around.

Bonus points for being pc there Iblis. I noticed two of us had posts moved, yet your equally inflammatory post remains. Guess it just depends on which side of the discussion one is one. No bias there!

And to keep this post on-topic, President Elect Obama would have a lot more reason to feel bad, and pay reparations if that ever becomes an issue. I am completely innocent of any wrongdoing, as are my ancestors. Obama shares far more of the burden when it comes to ancestral guilt.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A Reminder...

Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

The topic: I am white, and cannot voice my opinion about Obama

If anyone would like to start a thread about slow moving grocery lines and blocked aisles, then you are more than welcome to do so.

However, removing posts that are obviously off-topic are not indicative of any Staff bias.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
I'm biased though...I tend to believe that the only true minority anymore is the Single White Male under 40 with no kids. We seem to be the only group that has no government representation...unless you count the NRA

Too right there, there is plenty of us, but with no voice, as people need to be sheep.

On the op, yep your right just look at the fuss the media has played up, with the italian pm, calling obama tanned, lol. What is he suppsoed to call him?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree with you here BH.

If I am having a discussion with someone regarding their distaste for Obama as president, I reserve the right to ask them why and expect a reasonable answer without fear-mongering, angry tirades about how "scary" he is.

When and if you want to voice your opinion about Obama, remember that others may disagree or find the tone of your voice to be a bit too snide or angry to feel that you are being in any way objective.

This for me has been a very sensitive subject in my house. My boyfriend voted McCain and I voted Obama. He is now very very upset that Obama won and frankly our discussions are very often heated and I feel hurt and resentful because he refuses to see my points as valid, since Obama is the Anti-Christ and all that..

In the end I think this wave of anger and bitterness from the people who don't trust Obama will pass. Let him prove himself and remember that voicing your opinion is different then ranting angrily.

We all live here together. We should be united as a country, not divided. Obama supporters are not your enemy !!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Racism: hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Hatred of and violence against whites by blacks is as much racism as whites against blacks, and just as wrong. Too bad the law does not see it that way. Hate crimes only happen when it's whites vs any other race. If a hate crime happens against whites, it's never classified as such. Gotta love affirmative action, and the slanted freedom of personal responsibilities granted to those affected. We really need to outlaw affirmative action and place everyone on a colorblind and even playing field.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I was in your town for several days last month. If I had to change locations I would certainly choose Albany.

The whole attitude in Albany is different than my home town of Brunswick, Ga.. Brunswick and the Golden Isles is very old. The slaves were brought from Africa and dumped off ships by Jekyll Island in what is called Bloody Marsh. Many died trying to reach land. We have a long history of slave
use and trading here.

On the other hand Albany is a younger, cleaner, fresher college town. I must say it is the friendliest town in Ga. I have had the pleasure of visiting.

Come to Brunswick and I'll take you on a tour. I could meet you at the sheriff's department and have a deputy ride with us as I have an old and good name here.

I can back up every word I said. I am not a liar.

There are problems in McIntosh, Camden and every county surrounding my city. OF course I do not like it. I wish it were not so.

In 1963 when I was in the 10th grade our high school was integrated. Ever since that day I have worked hard to bring about equality between the races. I love people of all color. It sickens me that we are judged by our skin color or lack of. We are all Americans.

Edit to add:
Glynn county has a dress code also. No rebel flags or any thing to do with the civil war and much more are not allowed on t-shirts. My question is...Why were the black children allowed to wear Obama shirts? Could it be because Obama has been elected to the highest office in our nation?
Of course you can wear your future presidents face on your shirt in school. It would be an act or racism to not allow it.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by dizziedame]

[edit on 7-11-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
now you know what it feels like you cracker!!!

I am offended. That is OUR word!

If anyone uses the word Black, African or anything like it, they're heavily scrutinized and called a racist. Ex: Don Imus "...nappy headed hoes..." fired within 24 hours. No hate behind it, he was trying to relate to young kids. Yes it was a bad move but still...

Yet his post still stands. If anyone had posted The N word, the post would be immediately removed.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Post the entire statement please

now you know what it feels like you cracker!!! just kidding.

Please remain on topic, posts will be deleted and the member warned.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
1st of all "CRACKER" is a word that rich whites were calling poor whites long before blacks picked up on the term! Cracker is a class term and not a racial term! Suck it up wimp!!

Originally posted by Sliick

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
now you know what it feels like you cracker!!!

I am offended. That is OUR word!

If anyone uses the word Black, African or anything like it, they're heavily scrutinized and called a racist. Ex: Don Imus "...nappy headed hoes..." fired within 24 hours. No hate behind it, he was trying to relate to young kids. Yes it was a bad move but still...

Yet his post still stands. If anyone had posted The N word, the post would be immediately removed.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Grand Puba]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join