It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Angels #4, out for the year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, it seems there is some drama within the Blue Angels' team.
I did not post the link but I am sure one of you will soon, but basically there was some innappropriate behavior between the male #4 slot pilot and another female member of the team. I can't find out too much detail yet but from what I hear it could be bad for him(possible discharge from the Navy), and bad for her as well. Regardless, it is a 5 aircraft show for the rest of the year now.

I will try to update as more info comes around but please feel free to add whatever you can. All my info comes from within the Hornet community at Pt. Mugu and China Lake, and being that the Blues are an East Coast Squadron, I am not always the first to know.

Zaphod, Canada, West...come on you guys, what do you know?

Peace,
Mondo

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There are a few actual news articles out addressing the issue -- it is true that they are down to a five plane Vee and not using the diamond. You'll have to find the articles yourself if you really want to delve into the gossip. The guy has a family.

They should be back to El Centro soon anyway, no? At least it didn't happen in the beginning of the season.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
From what I understand they only have 2 or 3 shows left in the season hence why they didn't pull a ex-blue angle in to fill his spot as the amount of time didn't make it realistic.

As for the issues surrounding his departure I don't really have the interest to hunt them out as it seems as Del has hinted at it has to do with an affair. What I have heard that I guess I will post is that its a 120 person Squadron with 20-30 females in it, but no female is a part of the actual demo team this year. Doesn't tell you much of anything but clear the air that it is probably directly in the Squadron that this happened. I'll leave it at that.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Probably got caught bumping uglies on the Chaplains desk with an enlisted ground crew.....LOL Thats happened before in the Fleet. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ya know, you make a good point about the pilot and his family business. I respect that very much and had no intention of spreading gossip, just found that it related to the aircraft forum and if anybody out there was to go and see a show, they would know a little of the reason as to why they are with a five aircraft demo for the last few shows....no disrespect to anybody involved there.

Canada,
You are right, there are only three shows left at this time I believe.

I wish the team the privacy that they may need during this drama, who knows the details and it's probably not even for us to dig into too much, bummer though....they are better as a six member demo!

Peace,
Mondo

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

haha no argument there. 6 F-18s is always better the 5

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OK, so the guy has a family.... maybe he should have kept his flight suit zipped! No sympathy for the guy here.

Looks like he'll be flying rubber dog sh** out of Hong Kong!

new topics

top topics

join