It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 100 games in history...ever!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

I've not played either.

...DarthChrisious? Dark Lord of the Sith?

Another Sith Lord! Good to meet you.

heh 'piece is a lie, there is only passion' eh?!

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by TKainZero

And btw. Perfect Dark better than 007: GE? Are you insane?!

Goldeneye is better than PD for the same reason that Halo is better than Halo 2.

PD refined the controls of GE, and added more then just the default setup

PD also had bots... which is something most FPS STILL Cannot get right.

GoldenEye set the foundation, but, if you have played it in the last couple years, does not hold up well...

The Games are so similar, and, in this case, when they are so similar, tie goes to the original.

The Diffrences between HaloCE and the next 2 are simple.

HaloCE did not multiplayer test the pistol. HaloCE was good on accident. HaloCE was THIS || close to not being shipped with ANY multiplayer.

They posted over the online-Mac multiplayer setup, from the old Mac Days of the game, when Halo was a 3rd person shooter.

This is evidenced in the original booklet of Halo, which had the LAST page in the manuel for multiplayer...

less then one page was devoted to multiplayer. With no info presented...

What followed with HaloCE was the start of Console LANs.

Without HaloCE, the XBOX fails... Instead, everyone and their Brother buys an XBOX and Halo, and Halo makes XBOX, and makes XBOX Live.

Halo 2 is a VERY well made game, but cannot compare to the Multiplayer fun of HaloCE, no game can...

Like no game could compare to GoldenEye and Perfect Dark before...

Right now, the best FPS game is Call of Duty 4, but it still cannot match HaloCE for FUN multiplayer gameing...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

i agree, the best multi player game was halo CE, i liked it because the pistol was so unbalanced, i believe you said the same thing, here is a video to prove it
side note: there is some non pistol stuff, ignore it, pistol has three hit kill.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

The pistol was unbalenced, some say that...

I say that it was the great equlalizer.

You spawned with it. It kills in 3 shots. Its skill to use it is more then ANY other weapon.

But, you still could use a:
Shotty
Sniper
Rocket
Assult rifle
Plasma Rifle

Every gun was useful... but the pistol was everything...

You could snipe, but if you stunk a you would get pistoled...
Plasma/shotty own in close range...
The plasma making the person 'freeze' was very good, and its not in 2&3

The Gernades were just better too. Huge explosions. And you could blast weapons across the level.

There is just something about haveing a team game on multiple tvs

The trash-talking, the team stratagies.

Room against room 3v3, 4v4, or 6v2 its all fun.

Halo 1 has more skill involed then any other game.
And its 90% on the pistol.

Each hour you play, the better you get.
Even now, i have played untold hours of Halo:CE, and i am still better each game...

Nothing compares to the fun of a bunch of guys fighting each other in Halo

Ill just post this vid...

Halo:CE is the best... its hard to find people that are decent though...
You can take someone who is REALY good at halo 3, and then we go to HaloCE and i 15-0 them... I meet people who say they are godly at it, and i 15-0 them...
HaloCE is a game where you get better with time, and the people you play with.

In highSchool, we had a halo group.
So many people. Brought people together that hated each other.
Halo Chalenges at lunch...
High profile games.. crowds watching...

HaloCE was crazy... LANS every weekend, playing everyday...

4v4/3v3 was normal.

10 player FFAs were not out of the question.

6v6/8v8s were epic...

Halo CE is more art then game LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would agree - Zelda: Ocarina of time is without a doubt, the best game ever made!

I think I might install it for PC now.
(Project 64)

Number two would be Battlefield 1942 with Desert Combat .7 or .8 modification. However, obviously modifications are not included on the list.

Number three would be Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. Thousand times better than Oblivion.

Number four would likely be Half Life 1 & 2 AND CS, CSS.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Did I over look it because no where did I see on that list either baldur's gate or baldur's gate II/TOB. Now those are classics. I will say that of course BGII is a better playing game but both are just massive with huge amounts of replaying goodness.

I would also like to list some at least honorabls mentions in no particular order...I should point out Im old:

1) X-WING ALLIANCE...the most over looked star wars game. Deep story and lots of flying a bunch of different craft including the millenium falcon, how is that not the coolest.

2) SYNDICATE WARS which I truly believe was one of the greatest games of all time and would love EA to get off their collective butts and redo it.

3) MECHWARRIOR another genre defying game...oh the thrill of manuevering a massive mech through a war torn city and blasting the ever loving crud out of everything that moves...unless you over heat, another game that needs to be redone.

4) Both the early ultima and wizardry series that moved from green screen text to green screen graphics and then beyond. Ultima II and Wizardry 8 being (imo) the pinacle of each series.

5) Never Winter Nights and it's expansion packs...seriously how is that not on the list.

6) DUKE NUKEM 3D. Come on!

Oh many many more.

IMO or course,

SPiderj

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
5) Never Winter Nights and it's expansion packs...seriously how is that not on the list.

Are you kidding? NWN lacked imersiveness. It doesn't suck you in, I seriously tried to play, but there was nothing pulling me into it. Also NWN just didn't set new standards in RPGs.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well we're gonna have to disagree, I found it greatly immersive with lots of replayability lots to do, steal and kill and really active and great modding community.

spiderj

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiderj

Well ether way, it takes more than just those things to make a great game rather than just a good game.

Fallout should be on there though. it had EVERYthing

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Can't believe I forgot fallout, that was a great game.

Haven't bought fallout 3 yet, but Im a gonna.

Anybody played that yet?

Spider

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with spiderj. NWN was pretty cool and is easily in my personal top 10. The character creation was simple but the gameplay was great. It all about thief/mages baby! And dwarf fighters, they just don't go down easy!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hey you guys should forge you own lists, or find some more then we could forge a ATS list.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow I was going to say that Final Fantasy 3 (in america) now Final Fantasy 6 also release on the Anthology. Also one of the best of Course is Final Fantasy 7. I also like Fantasy fantasy 8. But story wise 6 and 7 where better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join