It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN 'faked world-first TV hologram with a tomogram' on election night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

CNN 'faked world-first TV hologram with a tomogram' on election night

www.news.com.au

Yellin's flickering, glowing image was apparently superimposed over the top of the broadcast – as with a news ticker – so only viewers could see Yellin's image.

The CNN image was "not technically a hologram," Vizrt technical director Ole Jacobsen told DagensMedier. Real holograms are projected into space, not on a screen, and have depth.

CNN's image was a tomogram, which isn't truly 3D – tomograms capture an image in 3D and then project an illusion of three dimensions. The technical feat was that CNN's tomogram was processed in real-time.

There are also allegations the broadcaster used Hollywood effects to make it look more like a hologram.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
hmmm... so it wasn't a hologram per se - just a case of smoke and mirrors.

i normally wouldn't have a problem with a publicity stunt but the fact that they claimed it to be a 'world first' and Blitzer saying "Jessica, you're a terrific hologram" means that it was nothing but an attempt to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

But why would they do something like this??? definitely defies my logic!!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

But why would they do something like this??? definitely defies my logic!!

Lemme get really out-there conspiritorial for you.

Perhaps they'r gearing up for the test-run of Project Blue Beam, and seeding in the publics mind that no, holograms don't exist, what are these denouncers talking about!?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What...no accidentially exposed boobs???

Good thing I was doing more important things than paying attention to worthless election results.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Meh, who cares.

It still looked cool. And that's all that matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yeah, myself and I think a few dozen of us here on ATS pretty much drove CNN's fake hologram into the ground.

Most of us were tech savvy to immediately notice the green/blue screen effect being used. Not to mention, lack of depth, horribly fake fade in, and Wolf Blitzer looking anywhere but where the hologram should have been to him.

My input was to the effect of...

Basically, she's standing in front of a blue screen, and the image is transmitted. In the CNN news room, they can't actually see her, all they've done is superimposed her onto the screen, minus the blue screen behind her... It's pretty poorly done, hence why they opted to go with a blue outline, as they can't effectively eliminate the blueish refraction on her clothes. It's ancient technology, not a hologram, just a superimposed image on your end of the TV. Wolf can't actually see her.

My quote goes on... so I'll spare you the scroll bars, but I was very glad to see the majority of ATS'ers realizing the same thing.

... and it does matter. Their a news outlet, and as such, they have to be held accountable for any and all lies they attempt to perpetrate... whether they be lies about the news, or just this form of lie.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

That is exactly what I thought. I was watching the election coverage with some friends and told them that even though they were calling it a "hologram" that, to my knowledge, we had yet to perfect that technology. I told them that I did not think that Wolf Blitzer could see the image in front of him. However, at the time, they said that they thought was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

top topics

join