It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of the Buffalo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is there a society called The Order of the Buffalo?
If so, does any one have any information on them?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yes, best wings ever!

But seriously is this what you are looking for?

"The purpose of The Order of the White Buffalo is to encourage participation by all Nation members in both Tribal and Nation events and to reward Tribes for outstanding participation."

www.netwalk.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rebble attended that lodge.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First of all, why don't you give more detail.
How did you hear of this?
What do you think they are?
What do you believe they do?

At this point I am inclined to believe you are thinking of the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo from the Flintstones as TgSoe said.
No, they are make-believe and there is no Grand Poohbah.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They are a secret society. All I know as yet is that my great uncle was a member. He lived in the UK all his life, apart from going abroad to fight during WW2. When he died, his sister (my grandmother) kept his lodge stuff, but I was too young to really understand what it meant.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, I'll be a....

Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes

"An Order known as the City of Lushington existed in the late 1700's to the 1800's which consisted almost exclusively of actors or variety artists and held its meetings, mostly for entertainment and social recreation in the Inns and Taverns close to the well populated theatres of the day. In order to be members of the Lushington's one was required to be either an actor or artist who actually earned their living 'treading the boards'. Selected guests of members were invited to attend these gatherings, and many stage hands obviously availed themselves of this privilege for a number of years. At some point in time not easily identified the Lushington's became a 'closed shop' presumably because meeting rooms in the Inn or Tavern were not big enough to accommodate everyone (member and visitor alike). Whatever the reason the Lushington's would only allow members to attend their meetings."

www.raobgle.org.uk...

The Grand Primo

www.raobgle.org.uk...

*Thanks Pisky for the UK tip.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
this is funny, check this site out :

lowb.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the info guys.

I was under the impression that they are similiar to the Masons.
Is this true?

Al

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Isn't that from the flinstones? Instead of going bowling they would go to the lodge meeting and later the wife would catch them. Or was it tat they said they were going to lodge meetings and they would go bowling?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al
Isn't that from the flinstones? Instead of going bowling they would go to the lodge meeting and later the wife would catch them. Or was it tat they said they were going to lodge meetings and they would go bowling?

it is, the flinstones cartoon is a tool of mind control. *trying not to laugh*

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

www.raobgle.org.uk...

The Grand Primo

www.raobgle.org.uk...

The Officer's attire has a very close resemblence to Masonic regalia. Notice the apron?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomon

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

www.raobgle.org.uk...

The Grand Primo

www.raobgle.org.uk...

The Officer's attire has a very close resemblence to Masonic regalia. Notice the apron?

Not just the apron is familiar. The sash, the jewels, are quite similar to an affiliated degree here in the UK. Which Order, it is not a secret, but I would prefer not to state here, it may spoil your future enjoyment. Suffice to say, it is quite special.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is a fraternal society (originating in England) called the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes. They are similar in structure and purpose to Freemasons and Odd-Fellows but not connected.

I have some info on their history, etc. and their rituals in my library
(I collect fraternal society rituals)

What would you like to know?

Senrak

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
There is a fraternal society (originating in England) called the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes. They are similar in structure and purpose to Freemasons and Odd-Fellows but not connected.

I wouldn't say that they are hardly similar at all. I have a friend who attends the Buffaloes (he's also a mason) and from what I can gather it is more of a social club than anything else. They do give to charity, but there the similarity to freemasonry ends.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't say that they are hardly similar at all. I have a friend who attends the Buffaloes (he's also a mason) and from what I can gather it is more of a social club than anything else. They do give to charity, but there the similarity to freemasonry ends.

Except that the have Opening & Closing Ceremonies, initiation ceremonies, pass-words, signs, hand-shakes, regalia, etc. etc. that are VERY similar to those of Freemasons, Odd Fellows, Knights of Pythias, etc. etc.
..but other than that, no, they're not similar at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Except that the have Opening & Closing Ceremonies, initiation ceremonies, pass-words, signs, hand-shakes, regalia, etc. etc. that are VERY similar to those of Freemasons, Odd Fellows, Knights of Pythias, etc. etc.

I couldn't comment on the specifics. But from what I was told, the openings and closing literally take place in a matter of minutes and are nowhere near as lengthy as masonic ritual. The Buffs are even allowed to take their alcohol into their Temples!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Now, now, Senrak. I think what Leveller was trying to get at is that we're not just a sevice club, that Freemasonry has a different Raison D'etre, as it were.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Now, now, Senrak. I think what Leveller was trying to get at is that we're not just a sevice club, that Freemasonry has a different Raison D'etre, as it were.

Understood. My point is that "structurally" they're similar to Freemasons (and other fraternal societies) In that same light, so are the Fraternal Order of Eagles, as they have ritual Opening / Closing and Initiatory services as do the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks. In fact the Elks have an outside guard called the "Tyler." So they're technically fraternities, not service clubs, but as you say, they exist for a slightly different reason than Freemasonry does. They even allow alchohol in their buildings. ...but then again, so does Freemasonry outside the U.S.A.

Fraternally

Senrak

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hold on, hold on...

We don't allow alcohol inside our open Lodges up here... not even to indicate that a bottle of scotch is being raffled off. This is Canada, by the way.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They even allow alchohol in their buildings. ...but then again, so does Freemasonry outside the U.S.A.

Heh. I'm not talking about in the building. I'm talking about in the actual Temple (or whatever Buffs call it) whilst they're working.
In Freemasonry we have Lodge buildings which normally contain a bar, but we're never allowed to take our drinks into the Temple with us at any time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join