It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What everyone "knows" about our next president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I must say that not only here on ATS but across the web I am piss poor tired of what everyone "knows". I am talking of both sides of the political spectrum here. On one side we have people that "know" how much good Obama is going to do before he has even started the job. He will fix this, he will fix that etc. He has his work cut out for him and a lot to live up to.

On the other side of the spectrum there are people that know "It's the end of America", "It's the worst decision we have ever made", "he is going to ruin America" etc. etc. I am sure that people are familiar with the expression "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" and yet that's what so many people do. It is for lack of a better word ignorant. I thought deny ignorance was the motto around here, not make preconceived notions or in some cases outright statements that have no merit based on actions that have not even made yet. Just because you disagree with someone does not mean they can't do a good job. Just because you agree with someone does not mean they will.

If you like or dislike the man fine. I hope you have good reason to regardless of which side you are on. All I can say is give the man a fair shake. You do not know what he will do until he starts the job. There is no way of knowing. To assume you know how it is going to play out is not only foolish it's ignorant. If you want to speculate things based on his performance as a senator fine but that's all it will be is speculation and not a given fact like so many present their assumptions to be. Once again this applies to both sides.

[edit on 083030p://555 by shizzle5150]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm going to give him a shot...but I have to comment on one thing. Have you noticed that he's already filling his cabinet with a "who's who" list of leftists? What happened to the bi-partisan cabinet he promised?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Hey, if you want to talk about who he is putting in his cabinet that's fine. If you are willing to give him a chance that's fair. If he DOES things you don't like you have a right to disagree and state what he did you didn't like. No matter who gets elected, you just don't know until they start the job.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
No one can say a darn thing until after the fact, no matter how many promises Obamaramma made to the sheeple.

Dont any of you get it?

They all say what sounds good and what sheeple want to hear to win.

And when the dust settles, it all goes back to where it all began.

Same ol thing.

Time will tell...ya?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Time will indeed tell, what I am getting at are the people that have told before the time.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Exactly how i feel right now. I'm really surprised at how some people are reacting when it's only been three days since he was actually elected and he definitely has about 75 more days to go before he actually starts the job. Also, he's not :filling his cabinet with leftists", he's appointed like 1 or 2 people so far.
Everyone just calm the eff down give him some time to do his thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Some Political lessons for you about the white house and the executive branch. The only confirmed seats is the Chief Of Staff and David Axelrod his senior campaign advisor is going to be SUPRISE a Senior White House advisor. Neither of these jobs is part of the Cabinet. If you'd like to learn about the different types of jobs and titles in the cabinet you can go here www.whitehouse.gov... .

Onto Obama the OP is correct and is repeating what I've said I don't know how many times. We don't know what he'll do. I have argued his policy with ill-informed people, but it's not true policy till he's in the white house and theres still 74 days at that.

Now tomorrow everyone could at least comment on the press conference he gives and say what they think of it. But it's still not policy and he's still not working. The Lame duck congress gets to work the 15th we can possibly see how he leads then.

Edit for: starred and flagged.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I love the fact that the black people think they elected a black president. Hell, from what I've read, he's a 1/4 black, which makes him 3/4 white lol! This election proves what Chris Rock said about black people being more racist than whites.

A black guy came into my store today, and said... "Did you get the email saying all white people report to the cotton fields". Hardy har, har har. And no, I did not respond "you stupid ignorant idiot, etc" which I sure should have.

At least what is cool now is you have all these black people that voted for the first time in their life looking at Obama to keep all him campaign promises. Soon, they will see that "once a politician, always a politician" ;-)

Man, I would not want to be Obama! He's liable to get taken out by one of his black body guards if he screws up!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, right now I'm watching Obama and his first news conf. of course which btw he avoided it at all costs pre election, and let's just say I'm learning that he really does suck without help. I've never heard so many Uhs in my life from a president. And Bush was bashed without mercy about his blunders? Obama is putting Bush to shame when it comes to the Uhs, it's hilarious. If anything this guy will be the most entertaining president of all time. It's a shame though four years from now people are going to ask where's the beef for change. Hell, they're doing it already. And that's assuming we're still a country four years from now.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Everyone is guilty of it OP. Whether its positive statements or negative ones, it really doesnt matter.

The majority already make this man successful on epic proportions. without spending one day in office.

Even with myself being anti-Obama, I will give respect if and when it is earned.

Until then I stick by the saying "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, odds are its a duck" and "If it looks/sounds too good to be true, odds are it is".

top topics

join