It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps,Perhaps,Perhaps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Coupling the famous BBC comedy. Steve,Sally,Susan,Jeff,Patrick,and Jane. Such a funny show, but when the Americans tried to duplicate it on NBC it flopped. I belive that the network thaught the show was too "racy" for American television. Anyway post all knowldege of the show. Thanx.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
what did NBC call it?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm guessing he's talking about "Coupling" (which sucked IMO) so I'm not sure what "perhaps, perhaps, perhaps" has to do with anything.

My problem with Coupling was it seemed dated. It would have worked in 91-93, but people just aren't as one dimensional sex obsessed "stock brokers" now.

If Friends debuted now it would fail too IMO. I REALLY hated Coupling. The characters needed to be bitch slapped.

What's with all the individual show threads Ace? Maybe start just one with all your favorites eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well RANT,

The Perhaps,Perhaps,Perhaps is the song sung and is also the title of the last episode.

And I get new ideas everyday on shows. It would look unprofessional of me to just keep adding shows to a growing list, some people might not see the additions.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I really prefer the British version of Coupling to the American version - I first caught it on PBS about a month before the launch of the American version, and I was hooked. I had heard reviews that it was a ripoff of Friends, but it was (is?) not that at all. Virtually everybody on the cast has been in a relationship with everybody else at some time or another (except Jeff, but he has had very few non-dysfunctional relationships, anyway). It was much racier than Friends, though - for instance, in one episode Patrick talked about how he had had a girlfriend who was a sculptor, and she had done a casting of his "private parts", and then Jeff remembered how he had seen a marital aid called "The Patrick", so they went to a sex shop and saw it, and decided to buy it, as a gift for Steve to give to his girlfriend, then through a comedy of errors, it ended up being given to his girlfriend's mother, and she ended up sending him a thank-you note.

The first and second seasons are available on DVD, and possibly there was a third season, I do not know because British comedies show up at least a year later in the USA.

I did not see the American version of Coupling, due to scheduling conflicts and forgetting to record it, but I have heard so many bad things about it that I am glad I didn't.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by Jovanon]

top topics

join