It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations, America!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For voting in a voice of reason, dignity, compassion, discussion and moderation.
As a Canadian, I feel extremely relieved that the voters spoke so clearly on November 4, 2008. It has been horrible watching the Bush/Cheney duo wielding big sticks around the world, driving economic collapse all the while laughing and acting as if it was all in a days work.
I'm sorry, but when a leader screws things up as much as Bush jr. has, they better take responsibility for their mess. Unfortunately, I get the feeling he has never had to accept responsibility for his actions, ever. His administration has been displaying sociopathic tendencies, leaving a wake of financial and physical chaos behind.

When George W. was first elected in 2001 an American singer songwriter stated onstage between songs that, "the US is about to become a very miserable place for more than 50 percent of the population."
He was absolutely right.

Now, let it be said that America is on its way toward healing, happiness and growth. You have elected a leader who offers a positive vision of the future and represents the spirit of middle Americans. Congratulations and God Bless.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by solo32_98

Lets let him take office first.. then we can begin with all the hooplah, after he shows us this "great change" he has for our country.

I am not holding my breath.

Just a new person to hum hail to the chief too.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Lets let him take office first.. then we can begin with all the hooplah, after he shows us this "great change" he has for our country.

I am not holding my breath.

Just a new person to hum hail to the chief too.

You fail at realizing your change is all that counts. Why relie on someone else to change things apart from you? Is there no "we" for change? Is it, you just want another to change, but not yourself with them? Where is your sense of "we"?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

You fail at knowing anything I stand for or my sense of "we".

All I stated is I will join in the praise when I see a different direction taken by my government through a man that has yet to prove his worth to ME.

Instead of trying to coach me, maybe YOU should change how you relate to others.

You should never make assumptions, you know the end result.

But, have a nice day anyway

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sometimes it is just a precipitous event like this type of election that stimulates a change of attitude. For the first time in 8 years, I have seen dramatic, positive response from an electorate. This is extremely refreshing after the doom and gloom fear mongering politics of the past.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Sometimes it is just a precipitous event like this type of election that stimulates a change of attitude

Spot on...twitch probably didn't get that far, but hey - he has a legit point as well...

I really do hope a new paradigm emerges from this fiasco, as a sense of change may be all that is needed to kick start this country again...maybe not, but I'm hoping it is big time....

For too long TPTB have eroded this country's dignity and global standing...the civic minded generations of the 40's and 50's may no longer be possible, but a soul-searching 60's would be tight...

Appreciate the post solo...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Sorry, Solo. Bush did not create this financial fiasco. The cause was the affirmative action mandate required of these financial institutions by left-leaning Democrats, and in fact the Bush Administration tried to get them to tighten up on the controls.

No dice, the payoff for the Demos just came in, as the ignorant naturally blame everything on Bush.

Guess what? The next two years under the annointed Obama will likely be the absolute worst financially - since the Great Depression.

A lot of dreamers are going to be in for a really big disappointment. Those promises aren't coming. All the big money boys are pulling out. Staggering asset deflation, millions insolvent, negative equity, deflationary liquidity, and a much lower tax base will not enable all those promises, to all those hopeful people.

With promises to raise higher end individual and corporate taxes, staggering asset deflation, Making work pay credit, increasing capital gains tax, increasing dividends tax, reinstate phaseout of personal deductions, and now the possible elimination of 401's.

Man, is the conservative approach going to look good in a couple years.

Yeah, go Obama. You know where.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As an American, from the United States, I'd have to totally disagree and say that though I would love to be rejoicing in the name of absolute equality, but I am only saddened by my country's decisions.To put it plainly; I am bummed out.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry but America would have been in a much more stable position to weather this economic storm if it had not been misguided into unwarranted warfare in the middle east, costing taxpayers trillions of dollars.
It appears to have been a "perfect storm" surrounding the US: banks allowing consumers to overextend themselves into personal debt while the federal administration overextends itself into ridiculous amounts of debt.
Remember that Bush inherited a surplus when he first was elected.
Clearly there has not been any prudent fiscal management happening in the past 8 years.

top topics

join