It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a top secret plane?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Looks like Hypersoar.

www.fas.org...

or a variation of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The second pic is great. Again, can we get the original pic data so the experts can find out if it's legit or not?

I'm certainly no expert on aircraft or airframes, but isn't a scramjet a single thruster on the bottom of the airframe? This looks like it has 2 "conventional" engines on it, like an f-18 or something. If it were a scramjet, I would expect a single block protruding from the bottom. Maybe it is one of the supposed glided air vehicles?

Aurora Scramjet
Scramjet
Scramjet

Questions to OP...
Can we get the original 7MP pics, pretty please?
Was it coming or going or just cruising? What direction was it heading? Do you think it was coming from Dryden?
Were there any other aircraft in the area?
What did it sound like?
Did you see a wind shield or cockpit?
You said it was smaller than an f-16. In your opinion, was it unmanned?

Edit to add: What is this at nellis, could it be? 34*57'00.86N 117*53'05.72W

[edit on 7-11-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Mods,

As this has obviously taken a turn into the realm of aircraft projects, can we please have it moved into that specific area?

Thanks and Peace,
Mondo

P.S.
I thought about doing a cut and paste to the thread and trying it myself, does that violate the T&C to try and reproduce it to another area?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think people are missing an important question, even if it is the F-117, why is it flying at Groom lake? Groom Lake is R&D and what is there to research or develop on a 30+ year old(at least, IMO) craft?

I personally think it isn't the F-117, the 1st pic does look like it, but after I zoomed in, you can tell it's not the right angle, 2nd pic looks nothing like the F-117, IMO.

Great image if real, I doubt it's extraterrestrial, but it seems to be a black project craft to me.

EMM

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Regarding the thread here,

There really does need to be a few things;

1) Date of picture taken

2) Orientation of aircraft..going away, coming at you, just to validate and eliminate confusion.

3) Clarity to everybody out there that this IS an aircraft project and NOT a UFO, it is unidentified so far I admit, but as many of us from the aircraft forum can assure you, it's OURS and not THIERS......for sure, just a project with some vagueness surrounding it.

4) Movement to a forum where closer, more accurate scrutiny can be made from people who have specialties in this area can contribute more easily...maybe a posting in two forums even!?

5) And No, No, and No, F 117's do not make guest appearances anymore, for any reason, they are retired and if used are for platforms of reasearch and not airshows, just like the F 14 Tomcat does not. Maybe someday in the future you could get one privately like an F 86, but I think you have a better chance of winning every lottery in the country at the same time and on the same day...just not happening gang.

With respect,
Peace,
Mondo

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great thread and it leaves me with a wonder of 'what the
heck is it?'
The triangular shape fits into a lot of sighting reports from
this site... 'what the heck is it?'

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

cool finally summit new to look at and not summit everyone goes ufo hoax, with todays tech out there it must be so hard to work out wot is real and wot is cgi, great photos hope we see more now.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention here is the atmospheric haze present in the second photograph. Judging by the shear lack of atmospheric haze between the aircraft and the photographer, we can conclude that the craft is relatively close to the photographer. Thus, the aircraft is actually quite small suggesting it is a UAV of some X type.

Compare the haze between the foreground mountain and the background mountain. Then look at the aircraft - no haze. Being that the aircraft is black, if there were haze we would see that clearly.

So, my conclusion is that the aircraft is a small UAV of some experimental type. Which in the end, is completely plausible. The US Airforce has stated many times that the future of aircraft is with the unmanned type, and being that Area 51 is an aircraft testing facility, it all makes sense.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by harrytuttle]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaolin_dragon
Is there any chance it could be the British UCAV - Taranis? I'm pretty sure that the US test UAV's in the UK, therefore is it feasible that the UK test UAV's in the US? Just a thought

Does nobody think that it could be this? I know I dont know a whole lot about UAV's, but I figured it was a good an option as the others on here. Maybe I was wrong...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Excellent deductive reasoning, both by you and the British concept.
I know a member of the RAF who is currently stationed in Ft. Worth, Texas as part of an exchange and evaluation program involving the JSF..he mentioned a thing or two about just such a test and evaluation program regarding UAV's and the evolution of a smaller more 'hive minded' type of craft that is being developed by both countries.

Anyway, looks like for the time being we will have to discuss this aircraft project within the UFO forum until it is moved....very interesting photos. I must say though, that you could really interpret the craft as quite a few different aircraft if you were not persuaded or disuaded in any way.
Does anybody know the date of the photos yet?

Peace,
Mondo

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

SD, the shape in the photo you posted is not correct; op pic shows upswept stabilator type wing tips, yours does not, therefore IMO it isn't the same craft. Also yours shows a wider cross-section and appears to be shorter in length.

seeker

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My vote:

It's this guy:

1: F117 is retired - none were flying (officially) on the date the photo was (allegedly) taken.

2: Vertical stabilizer/empenage match

3: (Alleged) Location

4: Apparent parallax

I agree that more info/data from the OP would be immensely helpful here. Ampaf707: can we get a few more details? E.g., time/sounds/conditions/other traffic/speed/frequency/pre&post observances, etc... Thanks...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

According to the write up on Flickr, the photos were taken in August of this year.

After zooming in on both photos, in #1 the craft is heading away from the camera at a 11 o'clock angle; in #2 it is pointed at 3 o'clock moving almost parrallel to the camera.

seeker

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

AND according to Flickr this pic was taken with a 7 meg camera (with a 2 meg photo posted) AND the pic has been touched at least once AND the files showing if the picture has been manipulated more have been purposely removed.

I want this to be real to but imho the OP -must-answer these questions.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Helmkat]

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Helmkat]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I only read the first page of this thread, so forgive me if this is old information.

Reports come in a lot around Area 51, it seems, of the Valkyrie (XB-70) or a Valkyrie like aircraft called the Brilliant Buzzard (XB-71). No one knows if the later actually exists however.

I've dug up some information for you, see if you can see these aircraft being the one you've seen?

ATS Tin Wiki - Brilliant Buzzard or Super Valkyrie
Wikipedia - XB-70 Valkyrie
Aerospace Web, XB-70

I should note strongly that the XB-70 was cancelled. But there is no information to suggest if it has indeed gone black or not.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Did the OP ever post the negatives? I've been through about 6 pages and haven't seen it yet. Until then its very nicely done CGI but not the real deal.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Did the OP ever post the negatives? I've been through about 6 pages and haven't seen it yet. Until then its very nicely done CGI but not the real deal.

A very small handful have asked for this and I have noted some troublesome problems as well but it seems the majority don't want to deal with those questions.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

I'd be somewhat interested in that as well, as I observe the image closer, I am noting atmospheric distortion in the background, but for some odd reason, there's nothing distorting the plane at all. Digi cam though...what if.

[edit on 7.11.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by oconnection

A very small handful have asked for this and I have noted some troublesome problems as well but it seems the majority don't want to deal with those questions.

I just thought of this, what if the camera does not use film and is purely a digital camera. =0 But it does raise suspicion that the OP hasn't even tried to comment on the fact we want more information.

Don't get me wrong I'd love for these to be real. But like others we've seen this sort of thing so many times and to convince us we simply need more information.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by oconnection]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

oh, most definitely would like to see his answers and the raw data files, but this was his first day/post here, so, who knows? May be the last we ever see of the op.

seeker

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join