It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a top secret plane?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
quickly scrolled though the points rasied but didnt read anybody ask this question!

DID IT MAKE A SOUND?

if so decrib the sound was it quite!!! or some sort of jet propultion?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Lockheed Martin was planning to fly two Falcon hyersonic UAVs sometime this year. They're going to use a combined cycle engine. It's going to be a turbine type engine up to about Mach 4, and then the ramjet style engine takes over to push it up to hopefully Mach 10 speeds.

www.flightnest.com...

That's a picture of what Falcon is supposed to look like. It's possible that this is one of the two vehicles.

And you're right, the first pic DOES look like either an F-117 or B-2 coming at the camera. That was my first reaction, until I saw the second pic.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Mr Anunnaki]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey OP,
Can you please post a link with some high-def images? You would help us all a lot!

Cheers

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Sfen Senterra]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hey bud,
Looks like you got yourself a good pic of the Aurora Stealth Plane, you know the one the government claims does'nt exist lol?

Great find bro, you defiantly deserve some points for this one.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Not sure what happened there.LOL Anywho...can anyone tell me if they have come up with a way to deal with the tremendous heat at speeds exceeding 10 times the speed of sound?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Can someone tell me why this is on the UFO page? especially when its title is "is this a top secret plane"?

Because it flies, it can't be positively identified(making it a UFO), and the OP is trying to determine whether it is indeed a plane, or "something else"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I gotta say, they are very good pictures, the best seen here on ATS in a couple of years... good to know black ops are still alive and kicking..

Peace....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is what i could find about the plane picture-wise.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Fatality]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's definitely NOT an F-117. They've been retired, and they're all angled. The first picture looks ALMOST like one, but it's definitely not. The F-117 has vertical fins, this one doesn't. The F-117 fuselage is totally different.

F-117:

Even my girlfriend who is just now learning about planes could tell that it wasn't an F-117.

Sheesh I've been insulted by a plane expert, even his girlfriend could tell it wasn't an F-117

Tell me that first picture doesn't look like an F-117 flying toward the camara. I am guilty of not looking more closely at the second picture where there is obviously no tail fins. You are right NOT an F-117.

Don't feel bad, that's what I thought at first, (F117). The Nighthawk looks funny from different angles, looks like several different airframes, depending on what angle, trajectory, altitude you're seeing it. Heck, I've even seen pics where it looks just like a "triangular alien craft" that makes the rounds in UFO circles. His girlfriend's probably right tho- not a 117.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
That's not even remotely an F-117. Look closer. It's sleeker and has upward canted wingtips.

I used to see them flying around all the time when I was in the USAF and I can tell you, that is an F117. I don't know why the USAF would be flying top secret craft around the most known base in the world anyway.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There was a stealth attack aircraft that the Navy was developing called the A-12 that was purportedly cancelled. It had the same look.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is everyone seeing the "all sizes" button on flickr? It gives a larger image to look at. I am saying this to all the people who say it was an F117. Like I said before, I am no aircraft expert, but this is no F117. Thanks for all the replies guys!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
For some reason, to me, it doesn't look real.

Anyway, it's consistent with other top-secret designs that use thrust stabilizers at each end of the triangular shaped object.

I know this is kinda way out there, but I suggest everyone take a look at this video, which discusses the theoretical engineering behind this top-secret technology. It gets kinda far out there with Alien craft and top-secret craft, but sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

Originally posted by Zenagain
That's not even remotely an F-117. Look closer. It's sleeker and has upward canted wingtips.

I used to see them flying around all the time when I was in the USAF and I can tell you, that is an F117. I don't know why the USAF would be flying top secret craft around the most known base in the world anyway.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

That IS NOT an F-117.

No where near the profile of one.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by smartie]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
For some reason, to me, it doesn't look real.

Anyway, it's consistent with other top-secret designs that use thrust stabilizers at each end of the triangular shaped object.

I know this is kinda way out there, but I suggest everyone take a look at this video, which discusses the theoretical engineering behind this top-secret technology. It gets kinda far out there with Alien craft and top-secret craft, but sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by tyranny22]

When I saw the hi-res images the youtube video you posted was the first thing to come to my mind.

The lights DO look like thrust stabilisers to me also! Brilliant shot by the OP!

When you compare the first image to the second you can get an idea of the shape and dimensions of the plane.

A lot of people are claiming that it is a UAV and too small to have a cockpit, however, most are claiming this without a point of reference to determine the size of the craft.

To me it looks like it could be either a UAV or a full sized plane, we can't determine whether it has a cockpit just by looking at it, we have no idea of the thickness.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ampaf707

I guess they are top secret because the links won't work!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

you can view the pics (the important parts) in my post above.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When I looked at the tiny images I was "F-117?", the I found the nice little magnifier.

The Second image (if it is not a hoax) is clearly not a F-117. The general body plan screams "hypersonic". Without knowing the size of the craft the AOA could be hiding the cockpit from a ground observer (especially if streamlined into the main body). The only thing that bothers me are the "lights", from the engine area, it could be afterburners however I would think that Stealth considerations would of done something to mask that, same for the bright spot under the nose. Also flying during the day would mean that the craft is perhaps ready for declassification.

If it is a hoax? Nice RC dude!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join