It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wish I would want granted for a little bit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just for a little background, I have been in a nursing home for rehab from surgery for almost 18 months. The one thing I miss the most than anything is stargazing. I would just spend hours at home in our field looking up at the sky, but here I can't because of all the lights outside pollutes the sky and makes it impossible to see. What I am wishing for is not to walk again, but for all the lights in the world to go out and be extinguish just to have time for everyone to enjoy what I do when I look up in the sky. Too see the constellations and to track satellites. All I am asking for is for 2 hours, but i know it will never happen. I am just going o buy a farm in Montana when I get better and have several miles of land were I can just stargaze. Who else like to just look up in the sky and dream and what do you dream of.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My bedroom window is directly over the head of my bed, and I'll open it on clear nights and just hang my head outside looking up at the stars. Right now I can see Orion clearly.
Some nights I'll go for a walk and look for constellations that I recognize.
It makes me feel like I'm truly a part of something bigger, and that all the little things sometimes can be so insignificant.
I also wonder if somewhere far away, the one I love is looking up at the same stars.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I cannot imagine the frustration you must feel not being able to SEE the stars. I can relate to lights flooding the sky and making it impossible to see the night sky.

I wish you progress and success with your rehabilitation. 18 months is a very long time. Work on healing that body while you are there. You will be home soon enough to soothe your soul.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've always loved the stars and remember asking lots of questions about them when I was little.

Since coming to the country some months ago I've been delighted to see them all on a clear night.

We are at the top of a hill and our garden is on a slope, but there is a sort of platform at the far end where I've got a swing. It was my intention to go out at night and swing in the pitch dark, looking up at the sky.

Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been too conducive to that, but I will get round to it.

I do wish you well and hope life improves for you. I hope you post to let us know when you have achieved your dream in Montana.

If you have time for one of my silly stories: a few years ago I bought a large pack of glow stars and arranged them on my bedroom ceiling to resemble the constellations of the zodiac.

That night I jumped into bed and lay back to look up at them. completely forgetting that I am extremely short-sighted. Without my contact lenses or glasses I couldn't see anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks for all the wish and thoughts. I am getting better, it is just a slow process. With winter coming the sky does look better, I hope my parents can bring me home soon so I can get out side and start looking up.

new topics

top topics

join