It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess I am naive but..

.. what's the big deal again?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Hi There,

Such blatant ministerial spin like this from Smith, which goes beyond the border line of lying, is very disturbing, and although there are many people in Britain who are aware of these shenenigans, most quite simply do not give a fig.

MINISTERIAL SPIN ???
Beyond the borderline of lying???

Where's the lie...i've had 10 year carrying what they call here the D.N.I. (documento nacional de identificacion)..and the only thing its done for me is made my life easier, the bank, shopping, whatever.

Life here without one is hell, its impossible to get a job, draw money, get copies of brth certificates, documents etc..
The problem is because a few wankers shout "BIG BROTHER" a few sheep believe and go to sleep dreaming that tommorow they'll wake up and find out that England is now a Stalinist style state..

How very drole.

The problem is that england has passed the last one thousand years isolated from realidad. While the rest of the world had photo driving licences more than 30 years ago, if not more, Britian was still using a crappy piece of pink and green paper.

Europe has had photo I.D since the forties if not the thirties, without problems.

The British dont like,and never have liked, CHANGE, period.

The majority love living in your isolated, antiquated island world, safe from outside cultures that are full of unexpected dangers like "driving on he left hand side of the road", or the aforementioned I.D. cards.

Is the fear REALLY of the I.D. card, or of the fact that Britain is now becoming more European, and with this you feel you'll have to give up your bangers and mash or fish and chips for that "continental crap" or that come sunday, they'll take away your fry up and force you to eat a croissant instead...do the British REALLY feel that a piece of plastic will enslave them, or is it just a fear of the unknown accompanied by a few left wing fools who'll jump on the band wagon at anything thats anti government...

I dont represent the government, i come from HULL, and grew up watching the f****ng tories rip the heart out the fishing community where i lived.
I grew up to see the bastards cut the throat of a thousand year old city.
I watched as the tories closed factories, f*****d the unions, and left half of Hull on the dole...then give the city council a couple of million quid to build a marina for tycoons with yachts on the same spot where 10 years ealier they said to the dockers " Go home lads, theres no work here now, the fishing industries dead in Hull, its cheaper to buy it from outside"

I have no love of the government...niether do i see a Orwellian threat on the horizon, its just the future..its a littlething called PROGRESS.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Well let me start with "unexpected dangers like driving on the left side of the road" (Not an exact quote I know) You say you come from Hull, but seem to have forgotten we DO drive on the left side of the road...

Plus who says we dislike people who drive on the other side of the road any more than they dislike us. It's odd to suddenly drive on the other side, yes, but just as odd as it is for a Frenchman to drive on our roads.

We are not afraid of change...we are however afraid of change if there is no benefit to it, but downsides.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by StevenDye]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

When you buy with your credit card...do they ask you for id or does it have your photo on it...???
If they dont ask you for id, if it doesnt have your photo, anyone can use it if you loose it in the street.

And as for the left hand side...your right...an error on my behalf...its been a long time..
I.d.cards dont change a thing, your life doesnt end when you loose it, but it becomes difficult..cost, police forms etc..

Wheres the downside Steve...??
Its all nonsense over nothing.
Isnt a driving license with photo exactly the same thing???
But nobody complains about that right !!!

[edit on 12-11-2008 by andy1972]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Nobody can us emy credit card but me...thanks to chip and pin.

Life becomes difficult without it you say, then why implement it? I will still need all the ID I have now will I not? (Or am I missing something) OS why add another form of identification?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Kind of like digital TV? First it was something you had that was better than the next persons, now everyone has no choice come February 2009. I wondered if the way the chip would be implemented is with the children first (under the geise of "safety") and anyone who didn't get one for their child would be "bad parents" and then it would just branch out from there to everyone else...weren't they supposed to be implementing a GPS type system in Rhode Island for the school kids? I said it would take one kid to be abducted and the backpack left behind for someone to suggest it wasn't enough and we need to put them INSIDE THEIR BODIES, after all it would be to "keep the kids safe".....isn't that what we all want?? Or so we will be made to think that way.....

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is a link to that story about the Rhode Island kids....

www.naturalnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join