It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Jacqui smith, please return to whatever planet you escaped from and stop bothering us sensible people.

Can't we just put the silly woman into a rocket and aim it at the moon?

.... or the ground?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Nah the moon is to close for comfort... How about the centre of Jupiter?

Surely the mad old bat wouldn't trouble anyone there..?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So some Brits don't like the cameras?

Hmmm?

Do we need a British form of the Boston Tea Party?

Only question who would be the Indians?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When it comes time for the ID card we will welcome them. Thats because our leaders manipulate us into doing what they want. Something will happen soon enough (currency crash, HARRP Hurricane, Credit wipe out) where perfectly there will be a laid out plan ready for us to sign up for. Hey guess what! Just because someone tells you that you cant eat without your card or buy clothes doesnt mean that you have to believe them. Grow a garden. learn how to hunt/fish/sew. Hey, how about learn how to get back in touch with your human instincts. Cave men made it. We can make it. Just put trust in yourself.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfAmerica
Grow a garden. learn how to hunt/fish/sew. Hey, how about learn how to get back in touch with your human instincts. Cave men made it. We can make it. Just put trust in yourself.

This is something I am able to do...and will willingly do if it is ever needed to do so in such a manner.

Part of the problem with this is the idea of 'property'.
It will become increasingly difficult for anyone to live in any area. To grow your own food will require the ownership of land...or you take the risk of losing your entrie crop by planting it on someone elses land, well out of the way (and eyesight) of anyone else.

Most of the Uk is owned by the MOD, the royal family and the British rail network. The rest is split between farmers, the national trust and rich private landowners.

There are many places one can go to grow their food, but it would not be too long before someone spotted the 'illegal' plantation and it will either be destroyed or harvested (for free profit).
There will also be the small factor of any 'officials' lying in wait for you to return and tend your hard work, to which they will abruptly lead you off to a forced labour camp...

But, of course, all this depends on the future state of the country (world) and the rise or fall of the ID card and its data base

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by yellowbeard

We'll see. This isnt a personal attack on you, but Im tired of people talking tough and then wussing out.

Good for you if you are prepared to stand up for your beliefs, but until I see people doing precisely that I will be cynical.

I have been to prison before and if that's the worst they can do to you, let 'em do it. I refused to pay the poll tax and I'll refuse to have one of these abominations.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
the Plymouth group of no2id was in Plymouth city centre today, handing out leaflets and people were signing onto the petition to stop the card and its basis.

A rough estimate of around 25 people an hour were signing the petition.

I actually spoke to one man who is in the Navy, he informed me that with ALL of the lost data over the last year or so, he was on ALL of them.

He was a bit shocked by what the ID card and its data base is about and eagerly signed the petition...good for him and i hope many others.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Im a Brit with ten years living in Spain...they have I.D. cards in nearly every country in Europe. Here in Spain, if the police stop you and ask for I.D. and you arnt carrying it, they can fine you upto 300 euros or arrest you until you can prove who you are...There a great thing to have. They make fraud and theft much harder. If you've nothing to hide, whats the problem. The English nowadays are a bunch of whinging gits. So London has the most CCTV in the world...So now we've got biometric passports, SO WHAT..and now they want I.D. cards...how totaletarian state...

If everyone tells the truth, IT WONT CHANGE YOUR BLEEDING LIVES ONE LITTLE BIT IF YOUR NOT AN ILLEGAL IMIGRANT OR INTERPOL ARE LOOKING FOR YOU...

Tommorow you'll get up, go to work, go home, eat and sleep.
The cameras will watch you,maybe, on the tube, or bus, or in the street, you´ll have your passport in the draw at home, and....and nothing..IT WONT CHANGE YOUR LIFE ONE IOTA..so why not just quit whining and accept it, just like everyone accepted the crushing of the unions in the 80's..just like everyone accepted the Falklands war was worth something and not just a trick that won that bitch Thatcher 4 more years at the cost of more than 200 lives, just like everyones accepted that the poor bastards in Afghanistan that earn only a thousand quid a month are there fighting terrorist's that need to die urgently or tommorow they'll invade Sheffield or Hull..

What in the name of god has happened to a country i proudly served for 7 years as a squaddie..

Rule number one of the Armed Forces - DO WHAT YOUR BLEEDING ORDERED AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS..

I.D. card's wont rob you of your liberty or maske England a big brother state. GET OVER IT PLEASE.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just to give a little 'heads up'.... the mostly mentioned and considerably well known Jaqui Smith has a bit of a dilemma right now...

Unfortunately, for the moment at least, I can't give out too many details (although the person I gained this knowledge from has kinda been talking about it in his own little way...bless him) as I am not in full grasp of the entire facts... but, according to someone close to me at this time, a particular group (no2id) has some rather interesting info about the aforementioned Smith.

What they exactly plan to do with this snippet of info is yet to be revealed, nonetheless, it is rather interesting in comparison and all will be revealed in good time...just dont expect a major revelation... rather something that is gonna embarrass the pants of a certain J. Smith

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Unfortunately, for the moment at least, I can't give out too many details (although the person I gained this knowledge from has kinda been talking about it in his own little way...bless him) as I am not in full grasp of the entire facts... but, according to someone close to me at this time, a particular group (no2id) has some rather interesting info about the aforementioned Smith.

What they exactly plan to do with this snippet of info is yet to be revealed, nonetheless, it is rather interesting in comparison and all will be revealed in good time...just dont expect a major revelation... rather something that is gonna embarrass the pants of a certain J. Smith

That's awesome news!

I hope its resignation worthy.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Lol, I hope so too...

It is definitely something along the lines of 'practice what you preach...whooops I messed up'... so it's quite a 'smack in the face' as such.

Of mice and men...the best laid plans etc etc

In the fullness of time, either myself or allidid (excuse my inability to provide direct link to his profile..using a mac and not used to it yet) will give a full shout out about what it is and what the plans are

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

In the fullness of time, either myself or allidid (excuse my inability to provide direct link to his profile..using a mac and not used to it yet) will give a full shout out about what it is and what the plans are

Be sure to shout it at the top of your lungs, as well as in the direction of the major news papers. I usually hate the tabloids but I'm sure the Sun and the Daily Mail would be more than happy to run that story. They're pretty loud when it comes to humiliating public figures.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

now that is a good idea, but you know how everyone treats the sun...so woukld be kinda defeatest to have it in that, but it might get ATS a massive slice of publicity

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I shall happily accept any ID card, I shall then make it my job to break it in the easiest ways possible and have my friend 'scam' me just to show all of its failings.

Force it on us all if you like, but the more people that have it, the more problems you have to face, the more people will dislike it, the sooner it will go...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Here in Spain, if the police stop you and ask for I.D. and you arnt carrying it, they can fine you upto 300 euros or arrest you until you can prove who you are...

and thats a good thing? I should be able to walk down the street without
having to prove to any body who I am.

DO WHAT YOUR BLEEDING ORDERED AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS..

If only we all thought like that, would make it much easyer to fine/imprison/track/collect data on us all.

I.D. card's wont rob you of your liberty or maske England a big brother state. GET OVER IT PLEASE.

No it will rob me of my liberty of i cannot, for example, buy petrol or food without showing some ******* card to prove who I am.

I totally refuse to have my personal data collected in a big database where it will be sold to the highest bidder and then lost by the incompetent fools who are running the show.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

bit of fun

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi There,

Such blatant ministerial spin like this from Smith, which goes beyond the border line of lying, is very disturbing, and although there are many people in Britain who are aware of these shenenigans, most quite simply do not give a fig.

One particular aspect of watching America's descent into a deliberately mismanaged economy; to see how the political bluffs have been made regarding 'terror' and its threat, and how they have been used to both fabricate and manipulate reactions to some insidous end, has really brought home to this Brit just how bad things actually are here in Britain.

An earlier poster said that the 'Brits are slaves...', well I disagree, we are no more slaves than the citizens of any other western country, but we are like people of other nations...somnambulists. We are actually more 'managed' than what the Americans are, but in a very different way, and I currently feel that if any country was going to succumb to the agendas of the NWO, then it would be Britain.

In America, terror, national security, and patriotism, are what were used to gain compliance from, and to manage, the people over the last eight years, but because of the experience with the IRA, the British public were not going to be as easily manipulated with the same tactic. The British, and probably most of the continental Europeans also, are trapped in the drive towards a United Europe. The people in Britain literally do not have a say in the shaping of their future, we are told by the elected how it is going to be, what policies are to be followed...and there is no debate about anything at all.

The biometric ID cards are a case in point, no one with whom I have discussed the issue wants ID cards. I have yet to meet anyone whom agrees with the idea. Yet, even now, people are accepting it (perhaps reluctantly) because they need to renew a passport so they can go abroad. The way it is being introduced is through a tactic of stealth and division, so that it can gain such a foothold that it becomes a self-fulfilling promotion of the concept...it becomes logical to accept it.

Airport workers are currently in talks against it, but I do not envisage their campaign to be a success. I have written to my local Parliment Member (MP), and he sent back a response that highlighted the logical convenience of the plan. Everyone already carries separate items of identification about their person in their wallets; bank and credit cards, drivers license, medical cards, etc, so the RFID card brings them all conveniently into one card, but he doesn't mention the centralized database in which all the 50+ personal and private details (including biometric details) are stored, and that are open to the prying eyes of various public and private agencies. On top of it all, the people have to pay for it!

No, no, the Brits are not slaves, they are way past that...they are f**ked!

Best wishes

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I, as i have said in other places, still think it's a good idea to put all your info everywhere... make it all so easily available to everyone that the whole point of personal identification could be completely disrupted.

After all, what is ID mostly for?
The banks perhaps?
A job, so they know who they are paying and into which account?
The Police, because you don't have a job and spend your days walking the streets looking for work. (slight exageration I know, but.... )

Your family, friends and people you meet regularly never ask you for your ID to prove who you are...they learn who you are over time by the method of trust, manners and respect, all of which have to be earnt, learnt and worked upon during social interactions.

I guess carrying a list of all our closest and dearest and of the miriad of people we meet over the years, with their contact details, would be a bit long winded for anyone to find out who you are

So, plaster your ID everywhere...hit them where it hurts.. If someone uses your personal data to scam a bank, business etc. well, you know it wasn't you

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Brits are slaves anyway. They have everything banned there. Cameras watching them. Government hyper corrupt... they still have a queen for godsake! And Brits talk like they are superior with their accent... it's just sickening.

Good brits, make a revolution! Or move elsewhere. UK is the epicenter of the NWO.

Sorry for my little rant on you guys. But your country is a shame of what it could be.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Vitchilo]

you make some good points, but the accent and queen thing is a total red herring- the monarchy links us to "freer" times, a symbol of the now defunct establishment which has been replaced by the controlling liberal /left establishment

Know your enemy, I know mine

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join