It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ralph Nader calls Obama "Uncle Tom" and Fox News calls him out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I heard Nader use this term when he came on The Savage Nation, the day before the election.

He used this phrase, and i didn't find it was bad at all...

Now, i can see how it can be taken the wroung way, but I thought it was a catchy phrase, that GAVE Nader attention, and forced the Major Media to mention his name.

Nader is one of the Good guys in politics, even if you are like me and disagree with him politicaly, but you have to at least like him because he is an honest men.

Nice to watch the Fox News people attempt to assisinate Naders Charecter.

And who is this Shmuck that is interviewing Nader?
---

The longer you observe the the quote, the better it is...

"Will BO be an Uncle Sam to America, or an Uncle Tom to the Big Corperations."

Well put Nader, well Put.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

This is nothing more than sensationalism and an attempt to stir up controversy on the part of Shepherd Smith. Nader was making a very valid and honest point that should be listened to, even if his choice of wording was taken out of context.

Really? Well that's the thing about shooting off your mouth. You run the risk of diminishing the actual point you are tyring to communicate.

Of course, if the idea you are trying to communicate causes one to spew such filth, then the idea probably wasn't worth much to begin with, at least not as it was conceived in the mind of the one spewing filth.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
I heard Nader use this term when he came on The Savage Nation, the day before the election.

He used this phrase, and i didn't find it was bad at all...

Really? Why is that? In your mind, what is an "Uncle Tom"? When was the term created? Do you think it's relevent?

Now, i can see how it can be taken the wroung way, but I thought it was a catchy phrase, that GAVE Nader attention, and forced the Major Media to mention his name.

You thought that "Uncle Tom" was a catchy phrase? What next? Oreo?

Nader is one of the Good guys in politics, even if you are like me and disagree with him politicaly, but you have to at least like him because he is an honest men.

I'll give you that, I voted for him in 2000. He has become irrelevant though politically. I'd like to see him as the head of the FDA to be honest.

Unfortunately now that he is spewing such ignorance, I guess that won't happen.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

<< 1   >>

join