It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers told to spy on five year old Muslim pupils. (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here's a "novel" approach that is sure to make its way to the United States.

New controversial guidelines issued by Schools Secretary Ed Balls as part of the Government’s “de-radicalisation” strategy have been greeted with a certain amount of caution and cynicism from teachers and Muslims alike.

continued...

Teachers are being asked under the guidelines to extend their ‘in loco parentis’ responsibilities to monitoring whether pupils in their charge are developing extreme views and informing the authorities, including the police, where there are concerns. It comes after similar guidance was sent to local authorities in June that also dismisses such issues as foreign policy, discrimination or racism, and even counterterrorism measures themselves, as contributing factors.

muslimnews

How exactly can one "identify" a five year old "extremist?"

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well......schools (and other 'outlets'), have been 'pushing' Islam for a few years now. Hardly surprising, then, that they will have to now take on board the dangers associated with it.

Just like they have been pushing homosexuality. Will they also soon have teachers (and other pupils) spying on kids to report inappropriate sexual behaviour, before long, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Old Man

What about being on the lookout for Christian fundamentalism/extremism?

The whole thing smells of profiling and discrimination.
I guess such concepts are but American idealism.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well........from my experience.....you don't get that many Christians blowing themselves up, along with innocent bystanders...

Not in the UK, at least

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Old Man

Really, are the teachers also spying on children with Catholic/Northern Irish heritage?
Or were they when the IRA was active?

(Yes I am aware that they called to evacuate civilians before bombings, still a terrorist attack though)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Finally some common sense somewhere. I personally hope the U.S. opens there eyes and follows this lead.

Profiling equals good police work. IMO and we can't let the world become unsafe because we worry about a teacher or two overstepping there bounds then we get ...what we have now.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I am glad you're not a cop and apprehensive if you are.

Lest you pull over our new president because he's black and arrest him because he has a "foreign" sounding name.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The incredible part of these security measures within the educational system, is that since they cannot apply them to university students they have chosen to apply them to pre-elementary children instead.

New guidelines for universities and colleges were revised this year after controversial measures to spy on Muslim students and Islamic associations were rejected unanimously by lecturers. In May 2007, the University and College Union voted to “oppose the ethnic profiling of students and staff for the purposes of immigration control or security purposes.” It warned the Government that it would “challenge incursions of the security and immigration services onto university and college campuses” and said it defended the right of 185,000 members to refuse to cooperate with attempts to “transform education into an extension of the security services.”

muslimnews

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just bringing some further info and context to this topic.

According to the latest dTmarche issued by Schools Secretary, Ed Balls, teachers in Britain are being trained in the latest techniques of espionage.

cont...

The new legislation meaning that the next generation of Muslim community leaders from 16 to 25 year-old would be groomed to be leaders of British government’s liking. British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has already spoken of extending the de-radicalisation process to the media, culture, sport and arts. The plans of the government on tackling, what they call, radicalisation, are to be extended to every area of Muslim life, especially targeted at the younger generation and now also led by their peers. Giving evidence to the House of Commons Defence Committee on October 21, Security Minister Lord West warned that “to stop this radicalisation of extremists is going to take - and I get into trouble for saying this - about 30 years, I think.”

na tion.com.pk

new topics

top topics

join